Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:26:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an altcoin  (Read 1820 times)
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:55:57 AM

Dude bitcoin is the main cryptocurrency. It is not an alternative coin. When we say alternative it is just like a replacement for the main. You can see alternative coins in market there js a website but i forgot the url. Well bitcoin is not an alt.
Yeah right, like metal then bitcoin is golden, and it must be admitted that bitcoin is to become a reference on the price of the other coin, take a look at trading then all refer to the price of the bitcoin.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:46:08 PM

Dude bitcoin is the main cryptocurrency. It is not an alternative coin. When we say alternative it is just like a replacement for the main. You can see alternative coins in market there js a website but i forgot the url. Well bitcoin is not an alt.
Yeah right, like metal then bitcoin is golden, and it must be admitted that bitcoin is to become a reference on the price of the other coin, take a look at trading then all refer to the price of the bitcoin.
Because bitcoin is the very first cryptocurrencies and also the top 1 or the king of the cryptocurrency market then the price of other coins are just depending in bitcoin. They are more likely to reach higher amount of price if bitcoin is down because the investors of altcoins can buy more bitcoin and also altcoin when the price of main currency is pretty low.
AleSergio

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:53:36 PM

It is not only main, but also a lot of altcoins are addicted to bitcoin price. If it falls market also dumps, it is "The mother of other altcoins"  Wink

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:55:57 PM

Because bitcoin is the very first cryptocurrencies and also the top 1 or the king of the cryptocurrency market then the price of other coins are just depending in bitcoin. They are more likely to reach higher amount of price if bitcoin is down because the investors of altcoins can buy more bitcoin and also altcoin when the price of main currency is pretty low.

Your all the points correct, its simply idiotic to think bitcoin as altcoin first. Satoshi doesn't give out any copyrighted document to anyone to create by copying the technology he invented which is using to create new altcoins everyday. Altcoin are damn cheaper coin comparing it with btc.
EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:22:38 PM

Yes I agree with you, bitcoin is not altcoin and fork of somecoin is not altcoin. This is misconcept between fork and altcoin
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:19:35 PM

Bitcoin as far as I know is the mother of all altcoins. It is a virtual currency where we can used it as payment online and can be use as an aaset and savings too Which is very safe compare to any bank.
Yes, I strongly agree with your opinion, currently bitcoin occupies the peak of altcoin because it has a different value with altcoin, I think no one can compete, many who already use bitcoin because it is said to be a savings asset or investment or trade, Bitcoin also ensures security For all its users wherever they are, and bitcoin is independent, so far many people have used and trusted it, I think bitcoin will be in place for a long time.

If you look at some facts about the good progress of bitcoin from the rising bitcoin population as well as the contribution of investors that help improve reputation and popularity of bitcoin, even some countries have declared legality of bitcoin as a digital currency whose function is equivalent to real currency.

Exactly why I disagree with the OP for labeling it an Altcoin. Bitcoin is the premier cryptocurrency and has the qualities, reputation built over time and popularity that the other cryptocurrencies crave for and that makes them an Altcoin but not the original or Bitcoin itself.
I have saw people promoting the newly developed alts mostly will give you the example of bitcoin. They when introducing their currency will say that it is a digital currency like the bitcoin and will then tell you the price of the Bitcoin from where it started and where is it now. All such acts are encouraging for the Bitcoin and its users that the alts accept that bitcoin is the core cryptocurrency and the rest are the followers.
Kamarah

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:21:31 PM

I think you do not understand what he wants to say he. I think that he wants to mention that bitcoin is no longer a good coin anymore and other cryptocurrencies are having a good chance to defeat bitcoinl. If the segwit2x does not happen, bitcoin will doom

digitalgame4life

Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:33:57 PM

Bitcoin is an altcoin is that true ?

jekjekman

Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:10:09 PM

Bitcoin may become altcoin, maybe, if it goes 2nd place in crypto currencies market cap. Because is it Bitcoin the first crypto currency that has been created so what in the earth that Bitcoin will become an altcoin.

From the word itself AltCoin meaning 'Alternative Coin' serving as an alternative to a one specific 'main' coin then that's it all about no more question about Bitcoin being the main of all crypto coins out there nonetheless in become 2nd.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: