Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:33:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal Opinion, eSIMs will push Cryptocurrency into a new frontier  (Read 211 times)
John.D.Hill (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:56:37 PM

Without going into great detail (as I’m currently at work and just wanted to get this idea off my noodle) eSIM which is known as Embedded Subscriber Identity Module is now being seriously developed by some tech companies, for example – Microsoft is pushing the idea of “always connected” PCs that utilize eSIMs.

Some of the backing partners for this technology is…

ASUS, HP, Lenovo, Xiaomi, Dell, Huawei and VAIO

The eSIM would be woven into the silicon fabric of a device’s modem.

Now my personal opinion is that once this becomes perfected it will allow for actual physical printing or minting of cryptocurrency that’s still connected to the network/internet which would allow for sells/buys/trades.

Again, Personal Opinion and I will expand upon this later in the day once I get home and have time to do so.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zema00

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2023, 12:43:26 PM

I recently read an article on https://esim-man.com/ blog about the difference between a SIM card and an eSIM, after which it was clear to me that this really is the future. Many major mobile companies are already releasing all new phone models with this embedded chip. In my opinion, in just a few more years it will become the #1 trend worldwide. It's so easy to choose the right sim card and tariff by going to the mobile app. No paperwork, no queues and no big money... This way, companies can even do away with a physical office and save on trivial things like rent etc. That's just brilliant…
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: