Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:05:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me and my wife buy our first house :)  (Read 997 times)
mk3000 (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:28:55 PM

I know it's a long shot but I figured, what the hell.
Here's the thing, my and my wife are about 1/3 short of buying our very first house. Nothing fancy or anything, we only need 2.8 btc and are short 1 btc at the moment.
Where can you buy a house for merely 2.8 btc you ask? Well, here in Venezuela, where the economy/society it's crumbling. we figured it's a great opportunity given the fact that real state it's getting cheaper and cheaper.
I know it's highly unlikely but who knows, maybe someone here could give us a hand. Any other details about myself/collateral/the house/whatever please ask.
And if you happen to know any other place online where we could find this kind of loan, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!

Bitrated user: comoto3000.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lone Shark

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:36:04 PM

Yeah, me, my wife and kid needs a house too.

I am guessing that your collateral would be the house or anything physical as I think you have likely sold everything for bitcoins, right? Maybe - probably, someone could lend you. I would advise you to just post whatever collateral you have.
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:58:41 PM

I know it's a long shot but I figured, what the hell.
Here's the thing, my and my wife are about 1/3 short of buying our very first house. Nothing fancy or anything, we only need 2.8 btc and are short 1 btc at the moment.
Where can you buy a house for merely 2.8 btc you ask? Well, here in Venezuela, where the economy/society it's crumbling. we figured it's a great opportunity given the fact that real state it's getting cheaper and cheaper.
I know it's highly unlikely but who knows, maybe someone here could give us a hand. Any other details about myself/collateral/the house/whatever please ask.
And if you happen to know any other place online where we could find this kind of loan, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!

May I ask why not ask a bank for a loan than using btc? You also never mention the interest, how long will it take to repay, your collateral (though the house could be used as collateral but probably would cost more for the lender and might not be a good return if you default since they likely wont get the amount they lend you back, and we dont know the true value of the home so you might need another type of collateral).
corpsejunior

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:11:19 PM

Go to Maduro he will give you what you want for free LOL

Edit : or plan a putsch and you will get international funds flowing as rivers.
lfilipetav

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:06:21 AM

(before reading my post check my feedback, it gives you context).

I also was looking for BTC a year ago. In my country they usually only lend about 4times thee minimum wage for People Capital loans, or at insane rates which I rather don't use that option as I am not feeding banks lol.

I hijacked the thread because I have been thinking about this issue for a long time. And I might share my ideas (it might be usable for you, and maybe to me or someone else).

Take a look at the bitshares platform. I am still trying to figure if what I am thinking is possible.
The possibility to create a bond, and sell it at a higher amount than needed, so all lenders can split the risk (?). But first I need to understand if the platform gives the possibility to "hold the BTC in excess" (that way instead of for instance 1:1 btc needed, if would be split, and the default risk would be 100% but fair less) . If it doesn't give you that option and you have to personal keep it, or one of the lenders/investers then It doesn't give you any credibility, only a scam alert to anyone.
I'am still trying to figure what would be the most secure way for someone to invest in me, and how they could have returns on the excess BTC in BTC revenue.

One of the things I grasped was that there is a need to have a escrow. People find way to insecure to deposit a currency that is impossible to retrieve (that is why I am looking at bitshares, but there is a need to be a secure way to store and manage the investors coins without the borrower having power over it, the ones in excess of the amount needed).

Other thing that I grasped is. Look at your country law.
For instance my country is an Europe Union country, using EUR. Financial and Civil laws and regulations even if they are different from one country to another, there is a single entity that can regulate or resolve disputes. The European Supreme Court.
Also in my country it is allowed to borrow from a person and not only an institution and ask for interest.
There is a chance to do a contract setting payment, value, interest, interest over missed set repayments, etc. There is one limitation in my country law, which set a maximum interest rate for when the contract is made according to that year interest. For instance 2 years ago someone could ask until 7% interest to be paid each instalment. And no more than 13% over missed repayments.
For this option, legal action is available in my country and in the all EU on any court of law as cryptocurrencies are classified as assets, as it was rulled recently in Europe Supreme court.

Also you should have to think how one would do all the legal requirements (contract, identity check, etc) make sure to include also a repayment plan. And don't just get the "I'll pay this". Explain and prove how your income arrive. Your expected spendings and future earnings, etc.

So take this ideas, and see if you can create the balance between your benefit and lender risk and confidence. If so send me a PM, as I refuse to pay ungodly interest rate to capitalists and would rather share profit with people like me. Also if you can pick this ideas and solve this problem, I would be thankfull from this life to the next, and I believe also millions of btc holders who wait for a decent, safe, and profitable way to enter the investing/loan world in crypto coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: