Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:56:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info online wallet  (Read 1064 times)
N7Pathfinder (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:07:28 PM

Or, you could just import the BIP39 seed onto any supporting desktop wallet clients. For instance, copay. Though instead of "import from backup" you'd have to go to create a new wallet, and specify the recovery seed.

i have tried this before, generate a new wallet on blockchain.info, write down the walet recovery seed, and if you ever lose access to your wallet then you could either do it the hard way, go through all the derivation paths etc. or just import it into any supporting bitcoin wallet.

So yes, you can indeed access your coin without having access to the site, as long as you have the correct recovery seed.

So is it possible that I can import my online blockchain.info wallet into Electrum desktop wallet, use it to send and receive and it will automatically sync with the online blockchain.info wallet? or do I have to create another wallet online and then import it in Electrum, and would sync the transactions and the balance then?

If this is possible it will save me moving the coins back and forth every time I want to sell on blockchain.info
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 3037

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 05:23:59 PM

Or, you could just import the BIP39 seed onto any supporting desktop wallet clients. For instance, copay. Though instead of "import from backup" you'd have to go to create a new wallet, and specify the recovery seed.

i have tried this before, generate a new wallet on blockchain.info, write down the walet recovery seed, and if you ever lose access to your wallet then you could either do it the hard way, go through all the derivation paths etc. or just import it into any supporting bitcoin wallet.

So yes, you can indeed access your coin without having access to the site, as long as you have the correct recovery seed.

So is it possible that I can import my online blockchain.info wallet into Electrum desktop wallet, use it to send and receive and it will automatically sync with the online blockchain.info wallet? or do I have to create another wallet online and then import it in Electrum, and would sync the transactions and the balance then?

If this is possible it will save me moving the coins back and forth every time I want to sell on blockchain.info
You can backup your bitcoin wallet address private keys from blockchain and importing it into electrum..
Try to watch this video ow to backup or exporting your private keys.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcXePXbrI4U
And this is how to import the private key in electrum wallet http://www.thecleverest.com/importing-bitcoin-from-a-paper-wallet-into-electrum/
The paper wallet is just a sample as blockchain and import your own private keys into electrum once blockchain is down you can import it anytime in any wallet you want to recover your funds..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 05:52:23 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2017, 06:29:47 PM by Muhammed Zakir

-snip-

You have made a serious mistake here. You are neither "linking" your Blockchain.info wallet when importing seed into Electrum or another BIP39 supported wallet nor are you "sending" Bitcoin to another wallet. You are "IMPORTING". So, NO, you can't sell from Electrum or any other wallet DIRECTLY. If you want to sell Bitcoin, you have to login to Blochchain.info.

When you import, all your addresses and private keys corresponding to them are created. Seed/private key is a *key* to access your Bitcoin. If you compare a seed to a key to a locker, then importing your seed into another wallet means making an EXACT copy of your *key*. Therefore, as long as you don't delete your wallet in Blockchain.info, you can use it just like before.

Important: I HIGHLY recommend NOT to use 2+ wallets/softwares for same seed at the same time. It could lead to reuse of addresses and double-spend. It is absolutely not for newbies.

One a side note, Blockchain.info is NOT an exchange. They are using other services for everything beyond a "wallet".

Edit:

You can backup your bitcoin wallet address private keys from blockchain and importing it into electrum..
Try to watch this video ow to backup or exporting your private keys.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcXePXbrI4U
And this is how to import the private key in electrum wallet http://www.thecleverest.com/importing-bitcoin-from-a-paper-wallet-into-electrum/
The paper wallet is just a sample as blockchain and import your own private keys into electrum once blockchain is down you can import it anytime in any wallet you want to recover your funds..

Blockchain.info does not support exporting private key from a hierarchical deterministic(HD) wallet. Exporting private key is only for imported keys (or addresses from your Blockchain.info old account). You have to export your seed if you want to backup your HD wallet (default wallet).

Thanks for pointing it out! But please specify more details next time to avoid confusion!

mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 07:12:54 PM

Blockchain is probably the most popular wallet today. we use blockchain for send and receive bitcoins. The Blockchain.info is not only a popular accepted block explorer but also most popular bitcoin wallet, due to its security and utility. But that's not enough to secure us further as it's online wallet and hack attempt can be considerable.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: