Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:17:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hacked mtgox money trail  (Read 1314 times)
phatsphere (OP)

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:00:27 AM

Hi, I haven't read all the mtgox threads, but I learned that some coins got extracted. Does anyone know the corresponding transaction & address?
It would be useful to know that, so that other exchange/wallet/otc sites and places can track those coins and log the corresponding IP addresses and if possible gain some knowledge about the current owner.

p
DamienBlack

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:05:34 AM

It was less than 250 bitcoins that the hacker got. It is going to be hard to locate without mt gox letting us know. It is only a tiny amount. No big deal. Settle down.
LeFBI

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:40:00 AM

do you have a link or some more details on the extracted coins thing? i lost track over all the mtgox threads -__-
i only read that someone tried to sell 500k BTC for 0.01USD and due to this the market collapsed. this can and will be rolled back. damage ~0. and the leaked db of course. but i didn't see anything about 250 actual extracted btc
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:54:32 AM

Hi, I haven't read all the mtgox threads, but I learned that some coins got extracted.

During the live interview with Adam from Mt. Gox on Bruce Wagner's OnlyOneTV it was shared that the exchange moved their bitcoins to a separate wallet as a security precaution.  That might explain the large several hundred-thousand bitcoin transactions that occurred (as seen on Block Explorer).

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █