Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:25:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Proof of Space, Proof of Capacity coin?  (Read 3914 times)
xxmetalmartyrxx (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 12:50:32 AM

Is there any upcoming POS or POC coins? I know Burstcoin exists, and we got Storj and SIA that kind of fall into the POS category, but are there any true POC/S coins on the horizon? I'm mining Burst right now, and it's just frustrating with all the exploits coming up, like pajeet and the blockchain randomly award blocks to people with longer deadlines etc... I was reading about a coin called SpaceMint, but it looks like there hasn't been any news on it in a couple years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptonx

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

Futurov

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:07:34 AM

never heard about Spacemint ? sounds interesting
but, can you show me the site link or maybe the announcement thread about this

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 01:18:40 AM

Well the guy who did spacemint does work for me Smiley

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:08:58 AM

Couldn't find any ann thread in bitcointalk after few searches.

Does that guy who worked for you can be trusted? Do you have any links to spacemint? Couldn't get a single link from google search.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:49:23 AM

The actual lead developer of Spacemint is with you where? At IOHK? Is he also working on Ethereum Classic?

@xxmetalmartyrxx. If you want a proof of space cryptocoin then you have to wait. I heard the creator of Bittorrent is making one based on proof of space and proof of time. They say it will be more efficient and would waste less resources versus all the energy wasted in proof of work.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
xxmetalmartyrxx (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:01:19 AM

All they have is an old white paper https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://eprint.iacr.org/2015/528.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiAmI3M_-TUAhXr34MKHcYTAgsQFggdMAA&usg=AFQjCNEdEifO-7u1PMuynVLOpjjagB5XbA
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 09:13:21 AM

All they have is an old white paper https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://eprint.iacr.org/2015/528.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiAmI3M_-TUAhXr34MKHcYTAgsQFggdMAA&usg=AFQjCNEdEifO-7u1PMuynVLOpjjagB5XbA

LOL, I had to go look this up myself. I shit a brick when when I heard proof of space, I assumed you guys meant physical space, I see now you are talking about memory capacity. There were a few old alts that had physical metrics in the mining (Solarcoin for example), I thought this was that Wink for anyone else who is clueless about Proof of Space:

Quote from: Reddit
ELI-5: Instead of Proof of Work (CPU calculations) or Proof of Stake (coins possession), the paper introduces Proof Of Space (HDD space owned).

What consequences or advantages it gives - need to read the paper.

Although I like PoS better - enough wasting planet's resources.

This would actually be fun to mine Smiley
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 10:03:53 PM

Of course he can be trusted, he's a professionally trained cryptographer with a strong background in topics related to cryptocurrencies: https://iohk.io/team/peter-gazi/ . We are considering putting more research behind spacemint to explore a new CC based on it.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:20:05 AM

Any updates on this coin?

Would be great to have another PoC coin.
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:46:11 AM

https://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-inventor-bram-cohen-will-start-his-own-cryptocurrency-170424/
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14188638
https://www.coindesk.com/space-time-how-bittorrents-creator-is-attacking-bitcoins-waste-problem/

looking forward to any news on this.. i imagine coins w/new codebase take long time to create.
MA3A

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 03:14:55 AM

back in the mid june, i have met one guy, he was promoting "PROC"
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/procurrency/
I believe it is POS coin, back then it was about 20 cents a coin, it is now about 29 cents.
The idea, as per my understanding is rewards/mlm  stuff based on coin... made me a bit wary about this whole thing... found this thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1747896.0
anyways there always 2 sides of the medal.

https://www.facebook.com/Qubex-Denver-Data-Recovery-473541326020759/ - accepting coins as payment
www.qubexdatarecovery.info Professional data recovery service for PHYSICALLY DAMAGED (broken) DEVICES: RAID0/RAID5/HYBRID RAID/SSD/HDD/FLASH DRIVE/CELLPHONE/, ALL OS, up to LEVEL 4, ISO-10 Clean room/ISO-100 hoods, Pro tools and know-how.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:33:17 PM

Is there any upcoming POS or POC coins? I know Burstcoin exists, and we got Storj and SIA that kind of fall into the POS category, but are there any true POC/S coins on the horizon? I'm mining Burst right now, and it's just frustrating with all the exploits coming up, like pajeet and the blockchain randomly award blocks to people with longer deadlines etc... I was reading about a coin called SpaceMint, but it looks like there hasn't been any news on it in a couple years.

Just focus on Sia and forget the rest. Not sure why you bothered with Burst when you could simply use Sia. Seems now you will pay the price for it.
wbulot

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:43:06 PM

I heard about faircoin some days ago. Apparently they have a very new consensus system that they call Proof-of-Cooperation.
I don't know what is it, but it sound interesting.
dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:40:19 PM

Just focus on Sia and forget the rest. Not sure why you bothered with Burst when you could simply use Sia. Seems now you will pay the price for it.

sia sucks. I had 9TB allocated to SIA, and earned nada because only 100GB was being rented. That makes me earn nada. I changed to BURST, and have allready made more in 1 week with burst, than my entire lifetime with SIA.

SIA HOSTS are not going to win, but the once holding coin will when the demand rises.
FlavCoin

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:46:24 PM

sia sucks. I had 9TB allocated to SIA, and earned nada because only 100GB was being rented. That makes me earn nada. I changed to BURST, and have allready made more in 1 week with burst, than my entire lifetime with SIA.

SIA HOSTS are not going to win, but the once holding coin will when the demand rises.

You're though but you're right at the moment ....

Sia hosting today is not for profit but to make growing the project ....

And if the commercial product finalizes, it will be more profitable ( as host and holder ..... )

I'm sure you have earned more with burst, but frankly, how much ?
xxmetalmartyrxx (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:07:08 AM

Still waiting for more news. Anything out there that I'm missing? Eager to jump on this PoC coin hype train.
BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:09:27 AM

They are busy launching Cardano it seems. This will be far away. I am more excited about what Bram Cohen will come up with at this point.
oreits11

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 02:55:39 PM

following details of switching and the strings on use with the occupation as disputes on change as the work on scripting with the personal projects of the miners,
that different programmer to work with decision as running of function with the use of the selection of commands,

that is as to differs the use of FTP request, HTTP request of InetReq request to calls of value as the release from the developer.

ysell

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:45:23 PM

following details of switching and the strings on use with the occupation as disputes on change as the work on scripting with the personal projects of the miners,
that different programmer to work with decision as running of function with the use of the selection of commands,

that is as to differs the use of FTP request, HTTP request of InetReq request to calls of value as the release from the developer.

And in English please. This makes no sense
ysell

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:38:29 PM

Does anyone know what Bram's coin would be called and  when it could be out. It doesn't have to be perfet on launch.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: