Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 01:53:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Proof of Space, Proof of Capacity coin?  (Read 3914 times)
BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:58:22 AM

following details of switching and the strings on use with the occupation as disputes on change as the work on scripting with the personal projects of the miners,
that different programmer to work with decision as running of function with the use of the selection of commands,

that is as to differs the use of FTP request, HTTP request of InetReq request to calls of value as the release from the developer.

Huh?  Huh Undecided
andallppt

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:45:13 PM

Coindesk.com released the old information in an article today: https://www.coindesk.com/proof-of-space-bittorrent-creator-publishes-eco-friendly-mining-paper/

Nothing new but timing could be a tip.

-enthusiast
ysell

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:53:11 PM

Coindesk.com released the old information in an article today: https://www.coindesk.com/proof-of-space-bittorrent-creator-publishes-eco-friendly-mining-paper/

Nothing new but timing could be a tip.

-enthusiast

Nothing interesting about timing at all. It is new!  See source date of white paper https://www.iacr.org/news/

Also Bram says that this is just the "space" whitepaper. The time bit could take months or years to accomplish.

Zeneize

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:56:33 PM

Well the guy who did spacemint does work for me Smiley

The actual lead developer of Spacemint is with you where? At IOHK? Is he also working on Ethereum Classic?

@xxmetalmartyrxx. If you want a proof of space cryptocoin then you have to wait. I heard the creator of Bittorrent is making one based on proof of space and proof of time. They say it will be more efficient and would waste less resources versus all the energy wasted in proof of work.

I heard it too, but he also said that he doesn't think a new coin should be created for that. Is he really dreaming that Bitcoin would adopt his concept?

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
ifyousmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:56:37 PM

is there really a rigorous crypto method about Spaceminting? I know sia and storj is renting storage to get coin, but more of a staking process, not really Spacemint.
ysell

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:16:24 PM

Well the guy who did spacemint does work for me Smiley

The actual lead developer of Spacemint is with you where? At IOHK? Is he also working on Ethereum Classic?

@xxmetalmartyrxx. If you want a proof of space cryptocoin then you have to wait. I heard the creator of Bittorrent is making one based on proof of space and proof of time. They say it will be more efficient and would waste less resources versus all the energy wasted in proof of work.

I heard it too, but he also said that he doesn't think a new coin should be created for that. Is he really dreaming that Bitcoin would adopt his concept?

Depends on when you quote him. Pre April, you'd be correct. Recently he says that Bitcoin adoption would be impossible, therefore he will create his own coin
xxmetalmartyrxx (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:06:07 PM

Eagerly waiting for this new coin.
Miner5000

Activity: 8
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:45:29 PM

Chia not sure if you guys seen it
Pickle-Rick

Activity: 143

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:03:34 PM

Any word on this SpaceMint?
millerasic

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:49:12 PM
Merited by Darwin02 (1)

looking forward to any news on PoSpace ...
Proof-of-space (PoSpace), also called proof-of-capacity (PoC)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: