Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 11:57:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: upgrade by may 15th for ubuntu server question  (Read 350 times)
OldSpurty (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:20:39 PM

I found this post regarding needing to update my program: http://bitcoin.org/may15.html  I am unsure if I have the latest version or not, and whether or not this applies to me. I am running Ubuntu 12.04 server and am running bitcoind as a daemon process

I have not done anything to upgrade bitcoind specifically, but I have run apt-get upgrade

if I use dpkg --list and find bitcoin, i see:   ii  bitcoind                                      0.3.24~dfsg-1

Is my version actually 0.3.24? this seems so far out of date it can't be right, but i also see   "version" : 32400   with bitcoind getinfo

If I am not running the latest version, how should I upgrade to it on ubuntu server?

Thanks in advance
kittycatman

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:53:36 PM

I found this post regarding needing to update my program: http://bitcoin.org/may15.html  I am unsure if I have the latest version or not, and whether or not this applies to me. I am running Ubuntu 12.04 server and am running bitcoind as a daemon process

I have not done anything to upgrade bitcoind specifically, but I have run apt-get upgrade

if I use dpkg --list and find bitcoin, i see:   ii  bitcoind                                      0.3.24~dfsg-1

Is my version actually 0.3.24? this seems so far out of date it can't be right, but i also see   "version" : 32400   with bitcoind getinfo

If I am not running the latest version, how should I upgrade to it on ubuntu server?

Thanks in advance

why not get the version on the bitcoin website??
OldSpurty (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:58:36 PM

I am going to go download it right now. I just like using apt and have never had a problem with it providing such out of date packages. Something seemed odd so I posted here to see if anyone knew what was going on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: