Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:35:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Newbie Please  (Read 462 times)
bigboxcoins (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 12:47:10 PM

Hi Guys, I am new to Bitcoin Industry. I need your help.

I am member of some good bitcoin wallets like: Coinbase, Copay, LocalBitCoins.org etc

I live in Dubai, recently i came across "BitOasis" which is wallet plus exchange. Would you suggest me start with BitOasis for easy deposit and withdraw since the company is in Dubai.

Can you post your experience with (Spectrocoin) ? Somebody suggested me to you Spectrocoin... I would really appreciate your replies.

I am willing to start with $200.

Best Regards,
BigBox
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 12:54:57 PM

I would also like to know SpectroCoin users. I hear both positive and negative feedback. It is hard to come to a conclusion or decision. Sharing your experience would be much appreciated!

P.S. I don't want to know about their designs or used-friendliness! Rather, about their services, its quality and about their support.

John.D.Hill

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:42:26 PM

I am member of some good bitcoin wallets like: Coinbase, Copay, LocalBitCoins.org etc

I live in Dubai, recently i came across "BitOasis" which is wallet plus exchange. Would you suggest me start with BitOasis for easy deposit and withdraw since the company is in Dubai.

Can you post your experience with (Spectrocoin) ? Somebody suggested me to you Spectrocoin... I would really appreciate your replies.

Best Regards,
BigBox

Greetings man,

I too am new to cryptocurrency and I'll try and help you as much as my knowledge allows me.

I currently utilize coinbase and bittrex.com, so I'll be speaking on them as far as my experience and suggestions.

I would suggest you utilize one of the more established ones such as coinbase and/or bittrex. now recently, coinbase did something which I assume was to draw in more consumers but still requires mentioning. when the Etherum coin flash-crashed, and caused a lot of people to lose money - coinbase/GDAX said they will repay the customers loses.

I have no experience with Spectrocoin but I'd suggest reading their website, whitepapers and the market talk on it.

I started out with $130USD and invested in Reddcoin and was able to purchase 72K coins.
John.D.Hill

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:07:38 PM

Best Regards,
BigBox

Greetings man,

I too am new to cryptocurrency and I'll try and help you as much as my knowledge allows me.

I currently utilize coinbase and bittrex.com, so I'll be speaking on them as far as my experience and suggestions.

I would suggest you utilize one of the more established ones such as coinbase and/or bittrex. now recently, coinbase did something which I assume was to draw in more consumers but still requires mentioning. when the Etherum coin flash-crashed, and caused a lot of people to lose money - coinbase/GDAX said they will repay the customers loses.

I have no experience with Spectrocoin but I'd suggest reading their website, whitepapers and the market talk on it.

I started out with $130USD and invested in Reddcoin and was able to purchase 72K coins.
Please I also need help! How can I get my bitcointalk URL? Thanks

whichever site it is you utilize to transfer your funds from bankaccount/debit/credit card to translate into bitcoin will have 2 addresses, your Send to address and you Receive from address.

whenever you want to send bitcoin from your account to an exchange site, wallet, or person you utilize their receive address and send from your wallet. whenever you want to receive from someone else, an exchange site or other, you utilize your receive address.

now here is something you MUST remember and take heed to.
1. NEVER give out your private key, it will allow someone to take your cryptocurrency
2. ONLY send Bitcoin to Bitcoin, for example if you send Bitcoin to a Reddcoin wallet you WILL lose your cryptocurrency

I am currently at work and do not want to violate my companies SOP, so if you give me roughly 5-6 hours (I am in the eastern timezone and right now it is 10:06AM) I will be more than willing to screen cap you a walk through guide using pictures to better explain and help you understand how to send/receive/transfer.

in the mean time if you have questions, feel free to ask. I am not an expert by a long shot but I am willing to help teach you as much as I know to better your understanding.
gueorguiev

Activity: 171
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:46:39 PM

Best Regards,
BigBox

Hey Big box coins, I have no personal experience with spectrocoin, but my advice to you is to do your own research  especially if you plan on investing $200. You don't want to be in situations where you invested money into a coin because your friend recommended it, only to see it crash.

My second advice to you is about your wallet. You should find a hardware/offline wallet to keep your coins in. It is never a good idea to keep your money on an exchange unless you are doing. Immediate trading or you plan to sell soon.
leyton11

Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:22:24 PM

Best Regards,
BigBox
If you want keep your BTC safe full-time and not want get hold when Bitcoin have issue from online wallet, I recommend you should use PC wallet or hard wallet.
About PC wallet, with light version not need sync blockchain: Electrum. And the wallet need storage for sync Blockchain but safe than Electrum is: Bitcoin Core
About Hard wallet, you can buy Ledger or TREZOR, this is best choice for user want keep Bitcoin and Altcoin, better than PC wallet but need spent some money for buy it Smiley
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:19:19 PM

So you live in Dubai and brick and mortar office of BitOasis is also located in Dubai, do you know where it is? Have you visited that place?
I strongly suggest you go find their office and pay the ma visit, ask about their business. I couldn't find their address of the website.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter if online wallet office is located in Dubai or in Nebraska, blockchain is the same everywhere, confirmation times are exactly the same no matter what.
Your deposit or withdrawal times won't be easier or faster. I suggest you don't use online wallets at all. Download software wallet (Bitcoin Core or Electrum) and be safer with it.
bigboxcoins (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:24:09 PM

Hello, Guys!

I am so confused guys. Suggest me a Wallet/Exchange for trading with low fees and good reputation. I live in Dubai, UAE.

https://www.okcoin.com/
https://www.kraken.com/
https://www.bitstamp.net/

I am looking for a Wallet and Exchange together in one platform with low fees.  Like Spectrocoin. But i dont trust Spectrocoin as i read negative reviews about it ...

I dont want to use BitOasis. It's kinda fishy they dont have their phone number and i want their number.
John.D.Hill

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:27:43 PM

Hello, Guys!

I am so confused guys. Suggest me a Wallet/Exchange for trading with low fees and good reputation. I live in Dubai, UAE.

https://www.okcoin.com/
https://www.kraken.com/
https://www.bitstamp.net/

I am looking for a Wallet and Exchange together in one platform with low fees.  Like Spectrocoin. But i dont trust Spectrocoin as i read negative reviews about it ...

I dont want to use BitOasis. It's kinda fishy they dont have their phone number and i want their number.

For your main wallet I'd suggest Coinbase.com (haven't had any issues thus far) and for your exchange I'd suggest bittrex.com but you also have to ensure that the exchange you're wanting to use has the coin in which you'd like to trade listed. it's going to take some research but it's all for the better to ensure you do not waste your time nor money.
Muhammed Zakir

Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 05:46:58 PM

Don't store bitcoins in online wallets/exchanges. Use hot wallets such as Electrum. If you want to exchange BTC to any other currency, send bitcoins to exchanges when you are going to donate. If you are a regular reader, you can keep an amount of bitcoins which you can afford to lose.

Eternu

Merit: 257

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 09:17:09 PM

Best Regards,
BigBox
Personally i would always chose safety on the first place. With that i mean, keep with things that are proven to be safe and good, and do not change them unless it is needed too. So i would suggest for you to start with some safe wallet, while you ask around for this BitOasis, of which i did not heard. Try to find someone who deal with them, or who dealt with them before, or best both. After you gather enough info, than decide what to do. Hope i helped a bit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: