Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:34:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Market Caps  (Read 1174 times)
coingrow (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:42:21 PM

I would like to know that what kind of criteria is set, or I should check when distinguishing market caps of coins.
How much USD/BTC volume does Small Market Cap coins, Medium Market Cap Coins and Large Market Cap coins have?

Small Market Coins <
Medium Market Coins between
Large Market Coins >

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bouren

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:00:25 PM

I would like to know that what kind of criteria is set, or I should check when distinguishing market caps of coins.
How much USD/BTC volume does Small Market Cap coins, Medium Market Cap Coins and Large Market Cap coins have?

Small Market Coins <
Large Market Coins >

I don't know what actually you trying ask. Well, market cap is estimated value of money invested in particular cryptocurrency (not real money but estimated). It is simply calculated by multiplying total number of units and current price of coin. For example,
market cap of Bitcoin= No. of bitcoin in circulation * Current Price

If you need any other info, reply.
coingrow (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:17:59 PM

Small Market Coins <
Large Market Coins >

I don't know what actually you trying ask. Well, market cap is estimated value of money invested in particular cryptocurrency (not real money but estimated). It is simply calculated by multiplying total number of units and current price of coin. For example,

Lets say for example, 1- Viacoin is having a market cap of $36,088,847, will it fall under medium cap or small cap? Also Potcoin has a market cap of $21,980,157 as of today, does it fall under small cap?

To consider a coin falls under a specific market cap, what are the parameters?
Large Cap coins have market cap above how much estimated USD invested in them?
Medium Cap coins have market cap between much estimated USD invested in them?
Small Cap coin have less than how much estimated USD invested in them?

Thanks!

bouren

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:26:07 PM

Small Market Coins <
Large Market Coins >

Lets say for example, 1- Viacoin is having a market cap of $36,088,847, will it fall under medium cap or small cap? Also Potcoin has a market cap of $21,980,157 as of today, does it fall under small cap?

To consider a coin falls under a specific market cap, what are the parameters?
Large Cap coins have market cap above how much estimated USD invested in them?
Medium Cap coins have market cap between much estimated USD invested in them?
Small Cap coin have less than how much estimated USD invested in them?

Thanks!

Small/Medium/Large Caps as mentioned by you are terms related to stock market and mutual funds.
There is no direct significance in cryptocurrency world. You can't say any coin has small market cap as related to other since market cap is just estimated parameter. It is directly related to number of coins.
So if coin A has 1B units and $2 price whereas coin B has 10M units and $100 price, we can't say coin A is better than B just because its cap is larger.
There is no certain measure defining small or medium or large in case of cryptocurrencies.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:11:46 PM

Pajeet make 100,000,000,000 coins
Pajeet sell 1 coin for $1 to hes brother Pansun
Now we have $100,000,000,000 capitalisation
WOW!!!

stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:08:33 PM

You obviously don't know how the Markets work...

Pansun managed to buy at $1 to Pajeet, it means that lots lots lots of people bought cheaper before, that lots lots lots lots lots of previous transactions were below this mark.
Because you only buy at the lowest price on the Market.

satoshforever

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:12:33 PM

WOW!!!
Market caps are relevant but only if the coin is actively bought and sold (and hopefully used)
ulhaq

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:49:09 PM

If I had to think about it conceptually, I would ballpark that > $30 billion is large cap. Maybe over 5 billion is medium cap. But actually, I don't see why you cannot apply the same thresholds used in the stock market.
stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:18:17 PM

If I had to think about it conceptually, I would ballpark that > $30 billion is large cap. Maybe over 5 billion is medium cap. But actually, I don't see why you cannot apply the same thresholds used in the stock market.

go to CoinMarketcap and manage in terms of positions
Top20
Top20-50

Bc the overall MK may raise or dump based on the BTC value
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:18:47 PM

About large market cap it would be more than $2 billion according me because the people who are replying are saying $30 billion plus and for now there is only bitcoin in that range which makes no sense.
For a medium it would be all coins from 500 million to 2 billion and everything below 700 million would be low market cap.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:28:03 AM

Small Market Coins <
Large Market Coins >
There is not a clear distinction to make in that way, for the simple reason the market caps are always moving, but in my opinion I separate coins in those that have a billion dollar in the cap, those that have between less than a billion and more than 100 million and the rest.
coingrow (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:42:10 AM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I kept on hearing from people about how the scope of investing in mid and small cap coins were better than large caps and that they had better chances of growth in the future as their market cap would increase with time as they get more exposure. All I needed was a ballpark estimate, which i have got now. I would be considering Large cap as coins which are having more than 500Million circulation, Medium cap as coins having 100 to 500 Million and Small Cap coins which are under 100 Million value in circulation. Cheers!

MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:58:19 AM

Market Cap is one abstractions which is misused so many times. One coin with larger total number of coins in circulation with same price will have a higher place in list. For investors this is irelevant, and probably wrong if your desissions are based on this. It is more important what is project stands for, and for what purpose will be used, numbers are more interesting for economist to calculate inflation. Capitalisation is not real is an presumption about total value.

You can rent this space
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 12:22:54 PM

WOW!!!
Market caps are relevant but only if the coin is actively bought and sold (and hopefully used)
Then Pansun and Pajeet start to sell Pajeet`s coin for low price $0.01 to everebody
100 coins for $1, next week it well cost $0.015 ! Buy it now!

easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:24:55 PM

Market Cap is one abstractions which is misused so many times. One coin with larger total number of coins in circulation with same price will have a higher place in list. For investors this is irelevant, and probably wrong if your desissions are based on this. It is more important what is project stands for, and for what purpose will be used, numbers are more interesting for economist to calculate inflation. Capitalisation is not real is an presumption about total value.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry so much about the marketcap of a coin because those numbers are usually not what they say they are. Though it is kind of interesting to have a general calculation on how the marketcap of a coin is made -it's cool to see that the people that built an Altcoin is not as rich as they seem.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1]
  Print