Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:56:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesis-mining Legit ?  (Read 1837 times)
Roboabhishek (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:31:30 PM

I have heard that "genesis-mining" is profitable and I think it's worth investing in their plan but I want to be sure if they won't scam.

I would be happy to hear your thoughts on this website.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Batwingoz

Activity: 71
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:55:14 PM

I saw my father once using this website can't say thing about it though
Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 06:35:38 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2017, 01:16:22 PM by Panda Trump

I have heard that "genesis-mining" is profitable and I think it's worth investing in their plan but I want to be sure if they won't scam.

Profitability of this site is very hard to give an answer on. It's a fact that your risk is greater than your reward, but how big is that risk?
Let me give you some of my thoughts about it...

Profitability

Till now, Genesis Mining has been profitable for a lot of people... IN FIAT! That's an important detail people often forget..
In Genesis Mining, you pay basically with the currency you want to mine. So if the price of the currency you're mining rises, you will most likely make money. If the price of the currency you're mining drops, you will lose money. The thing is though, that if Genesis Mining would pay you back less than you invested, it would mean that you could still make money if the worth of the cryptocurrency increases. And that is exactly what happens at Genesis Mining!

Let me give you an example. This example contains a situation that has probably never happened in reality, but similar things have happened.

Person A is a smart, but definitely not a nice person.
Person B is a... Well, let's say he is simply not a too intelligent specimen..

Person A looks at GM. He understands that it's probably too good to be true, but notices its referal program. He decides to advertise GM, to make money for himself. He makes up a sweet story about "invest $5, get $500" and S
Person B sees Person A's awesome story and decides to click his referal link.
Person B looks at the site and thinks he can make tons of profit on it, so he buys a plan.
The Plan costs 10 Dashes. At the current Dash price, this costs $5/Dash, so $50 for The Plan.
The Plan then makes Person B $100 before the end of The Plan.
Person B is so happy... But he then realises that the price of Dash became $20/Dash, so he actually got only 5 Dashes back..
Person A is ofcourse happy, as he made money with The Plan Person B bought.

As you see, Person B now made money, as he turnt his $50 into $100... But if he just bought 10 Dashes and held tem, he would've had $200 by now! GM has earnt $100 through this, by just having him get the contract and paying him his own money back.

Now there are 3 possible outcomes leading to more advertisement of GM, making GM look more trustworthy, whilst it's actually a scam.
1. Person B realises he lost money, which means he wants to earn it back and take revenge... So he decides to make up a story and get referals to GM... Revenge + making money... eZ!
2. Person B doesn't realise he lost money, so he decides to give Genesis Mining positive feedback and recommend it to others...
3. Person A earns money, so he decides to advertise his referal link more, getting more people to be scammed by GM..

All these outcomes lead to GM seem more trustworthy, whilst it could just aswell be a scam.

Now I've seen a lot of stories of people who tried to prove that GM was legit and then realised it was actually a scam..
Others claim that it's legit, but I've not seen any proof of that... Till I see any proof of it, I consider it as a scam.

So maybe it's legit... But it's a fact that A LOT of people have lost money to it and I wouldn't recommend buying a plan from GM.
Even if it isn't meant to be a scam, in any case I've seen it would have been better to have bought the coin straight and just hold it.

And it doesn't even offer that much profit for the amount of risk it offers.
If you want more reward and, if you're skilled at it, less risk... Just invest in altcoins!

Regards,
Trump

xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:40:35 PM

Profitability of this site is very hard to give an answer on. It's a fact that your risk is greater than your reward, but how big is that risk?

Profitability

Till now, Genesis Mining has been profitable for a lot of people... IN FIAT! That's an important detail people often forget..
In Genesis Mining, you pay basically with the currency you want to mine. So if the price of the currency you're mining rises, you will most likely make money. If the price of the currency you're mining drops, you will lose money. The thing is though, that if Genesis Mining would pay you back less than you invested, it would mean that you could still make money if the worth of the cryptocurrency decreases. And that is exactly what happens at Genesis Mining!

Let me give you an example. This example contains a situation that has probably never happened in reality, but similar things have happened.

Person A looks at GM. He understands that it's probably too good to be true, but notices its referal program. He decides to advertise GM, to make money for himself. He makes up a sweet story about "invest $5, get $500" and S
Person B looks at the site and thinks he can make tons of profit on it, so he buys a plan.
The Plan costs 10 Dashes. At the current Dash price, this costs $5/Dash, so $50 for The Plan.
Person B is so happy... But he then realises that the price of Dash became $20/Dash, so he actually got only 5 Dashes back..

As you see, Person B now made money, as he turnt his $50 into $100... But if he just bought 10 Dashes and held tem, he would've had $200 by now! GM has earnt $100 through this, by just having him get the contract and paying him his own money back.

Now there are 3 possible outcomes leading to more advertisement of GM, making GM look more trustworthy, whilst it's actually a scam.
1. Person B realises he lost money, which means he wants to earn it back and take revenge... So he decides to make up a story and get referals to GM... Revenge + making money... eZ!
2. Person B doesn't realise he lost money, so he decides to give Genesis Mining positive feedback and recommend it to others...
3. Person A earns money, so he decides to advertise his referal link more, getting more people to be scammed by GM..

All these outcomes lead to GM seem more trustworthy, whilst it could just aswell be a scam.

Now I've seen a lot of stories of people who tried to prove that GM was legit and then realised it was actually a scam..
Others claim that it's legit, but I've not seen any proof of that... Till I see any proof of it, I consider it as a scam.

So maybe it's legit... But it's a fact that A LOT of people have lost money to it and I wouldn't recommend buying a plan from GM.
Even if it isn't meant to be a scam, in any case I've seen it would have been better to have bought the coin straight and just hold it.

If you want more reward and, if you're skilled at it, less risk... Just invest in altcoins!

Regards,
Trump

So you completely ignored the fact that you can invest in Genesis with fiat and by doing so you can get really profitable? I purchased the most profitable contract on Genesis (with bitcoin) and to test the system out and figure out for myself whether it is worth it or not?
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:49:14 PM

Looks like some body spent some time to do a research and write a review here, lol not at all suspicious.
Being legit is entirely different than being profitable.

🖤😏
Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 09:27:27 PM

Profitability

In Genesis Mining, you pay basically with the currency you want to mine. So if the price of the currency you're mining rises, you will most likely make money. If the price of the currency you're mining drops, you will lose money. The thing is though, that if Genesis Mining would pay you back less than you invested, it would mean that you could still make money if the worth of the cryptocurrency decreases. And that is exactly what happens at Genesis Mining!

Regards,
Trump

So you completely ignored the fact that you can invest in Genesis with fiat and by doing so you can get really profitable? I purchased the most profitable contract on Genesis (with bitcoin) and to test the system out and figure out for myself whether it is worth it or not?
Nope, I'm not ignoring that fact. You simply do not understand what I was talking about. Let me explain a bit better, as I might've been a bit vague...

You can buy contracts on Genesis with fiat. True! But what you're basically doing then, is paying them altcoins in the shape of fiat. It stays a fact that you will 99% sure receive less {Mined Cryptocurrency} back than you paid. (If you would pay $50 fiat at bitcoin price $2500, this equals 0.02 BTC ofc.)
You can profit in Fiat, but 99% sure not in the mined cryptocurrency. This means that you would get more profit if you just invested in the cryptocurrency you wanted to mine.

And remember:
Genesis Mining is made to take money. Not to give money.

cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 03:44:06 AM

Don't invest!

Genesis mining is legit but in the end you are never going to break even. If you want to use it as a way to lock away funds so that you don't spend all of it at once then sure, but only expect maximum 70% ROI back, if not even less.

They advertise their site as a profitable business opportunity when everyone knows that difficulty is shooting up so much on a weekly basis. My contract earnings were outpaced by the fees they charged a few months ago, which means that now i receive nothing. You're also betting on bitcoin being up, if bitcoin crashes, then your contract is highly likely going to be cancelled by them as well.

Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:18:25 AM

It is extremely like in my opinion that you have heard about Genesis Mining on youtube, from a bitcoin based youtuber(I know for a fact that Trevon James does some shows on Genesis Mining every now and then).

You'll very rarely see someone even break even with Genesis mining. The only reason why these people on youtube is promoting it is because they're getting affiliate earnings from GM every time someone buys a plan with them.

GM is probably legit, unlike ponzi cloud mining sites, but that doesn't mean that it's going to be profitable. Their maintenance fees are probably going to end your contract which is supposed to be "lifetime" within 4 years due to block halvings.
simon149

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 10:44:47 AM

In case you are interested I have published my payouts over the last month, and did some calculations on it.
You can find the article on my blog: Payout on Genesis mining.

I have already got my investment back and are expecting a nice profit towards the future.
If you have any questions let me know, but I think the number speaks for themselves.

---

edit: this article is about BTC. I'll try to run the numbers as well with other coins like ETH.

Volg mijn blog over Bitcoins voor uitleg, tips en nieuwtjes over Bitcoin.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:13:53 AM

In case you are interested I have published my payouts over the last month, and did some calculations on it.

I have already got my investment back and are expecting a nice profit towards the future.
If you have any questions let me know, but I think the number speaks for themselves.

---

edit: this article is about BTC. I'll try to run the numbers as well with other coins like ETH.

Anybody can write a article about it accordingly. Please share the payout screenshot of yours that will give a clear view about the payment and it is legit. I have created a mining account in genesis but It asks me to buy a hashpower to start mining. If this legit than any cloud mining. I will definitely invest on it.
Roboabhishek (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:35:52 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2017, 02:17:14 PM by Roboabhishek

---

Anybody can write a article about it accordingly. Please share the payout screenshot of yours that will give a clear view about the payment and it is legit. I have created a mining account in genesis but It asks me to buy a hashpower to start mining. If this legit than any cloud mining. I will definitely invest on it.

It's like gambling.
They sent me a mail that they can cancel the contract if the price of currency increases also depends on the difficulty rate.
The time I heard they can cancel it I thought it's useless
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:53:33 PM

Cloud mining = virtual mining
Virtual mining power those cloud mining sites sell might not be equal to real mining power those sites actually own.

Genesis mining is registered entity but this doesn't mean you will make profit before they close their site.
simon149

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 08:27:25 PM

---

The payouts are actually listed below the article. Both in text form (so you can do your own calculations) and in screenshot.
You could run the numbers yourself so you can see the return on investment.

Volg mijn blog over Bitcoins voor uitleg, tips en nieuwtjes over Bitcoin.
Pakar11220

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:43:04 PM

---

The thing about mining is that it is not the most trust worthy way to invest your money. The amount of companies that are considered legit to mine your bitcoins is very low, most of them are fraud. Genesis mining is one of the old companies and is obviously legit. But legit doesn’t rhyme with profitable. With the rising price of bitcoins it’s very hard to understand what profit means in mining, and how to get it. People mostly use these king of marketing techniques to steal you bitcoins.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:22:19 AM

Genesis mining is one of the old companies and is obviously legit.
Obviously legit? Well, there is only one single way to prove legitimacy, and that's providing people what they for so long have been asking for ~ the Bitcoin mining addresses their block rewards flow into.

Since GM's very first day, people have been asking for these addresses, but GM for obvious reasons never responded to any of these requests ~ it's pathetic that people believe they are legit.

There is really no reason for GM to try to hide these addresses from the public, since everything is open for anyone to look through anyway. That's Bitcoin's transparent nature ~ there is nothing that one can hide.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:41:54 AM

i have saw that they are not gonna publish what kind of pool they are using, and as well IIRC they have not been signing any blocks from the beginning of that site, suspicious. i have saw it in Hong Kong, but i don't sure if it has referrals.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Hyuiguia

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:39:01 AM

until now genesis-mining is the best cloud mining
and still always paid
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 03:58:12 AM

until now genesis-mining is the best cloud mining
and still always paid

After a long research I reached in the conclusion that genesis mining is the only profitable legitimate cloud mining.
And I invested some buying a mining contract on 6th of August.
No payouts were made till 10.
After making a support ticket I got one payout for 6th august but after that there are no notification of payouts till now.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Roboabhishek (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:30:53 AM

Obviously legit? Well, there is only one single way to prove legitimacy, and that's providing people what they for so long have been asking for ~ the Bitcoin mining addresses their block rewards flow into.

Since GM's very first day, people have been asking for these addresses, but GM for obvious reasons never responded to any of these requests ~ it's pathetic that people believe they are legit.

There is really no reason for GM to try to hide these addresses from the public, since everything is open for anyone to look through anyway. That's Bitcoin's transparent nature ~ there is nothing that one can hide.
Actually it's really suspicious as they are not providing the address of mining blocks.
Then i think it's better to not use that website sooner or later they will scam for sure.
Weawant

Activity: 756
Merit: 509

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:37:53 AM

Actually it's really suspicious as they are not providing the address of mining blocks.
Then i think it's better to not use that website sooner or later they will scam for sure.

They became more suspicious nowadays since they had been secretive for that matter and I can't even imagine on how they can provide those payouts to their investors while their mining business is becoming more heavier for these years. And maybe its better that we should avoid them since maybe one of these days the glory month of genisis-minings will be gone and they will perform the exit scam show Grin.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄