Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:10:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recover Stolen Account  (Read 644 times)
tytus2 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:03:50 PM

This account was stolen from me today: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=56286

How can I request its closure ?
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7040

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 06:12:35 PM

Send a PM to theymos with a signed message using any Bitcoin address/PGP key staked on your hacked account. That way you can proof that the account is yours and request a password change.

Format of the message to send:

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account <account> has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to <email>. The current date is <date>.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
<insert address here>
<insert signature here>
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

If you can't provide a signed message to prove you own of the account, there is nothing you can do.

More info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:14:14 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2017, 06:53:59 PM by lizardbtc

You could contact a admin on this forum, but the question is can you prove that you have previously owned that account? This is very important so that admins know that this is actually you writing about your account, you could easily pretend to be another person.

Perhaps you can sign the transaction with an address that you have used with your account or something similar, good luck tho!
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 06:17:40 PM

You could contact a MOD on this forum, but the question is can you prove that you have previously owned that account? This is very important so that MODs know that this is actually you writing about your account, you could easily pretend to be another person.

Perhaps you can sign the transaction with an address that you have used with your account or something similar, good luck tho!

Moderators can't recover an account. Only administrators can!

lizardbtc

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:54:27 PM

You could contact a MOD on this forum, but the question is can you prove that you have previously owned that account? This is very important so that MODs know that this is actually you writing about your account, you could easily pretend to be another person.

Moderators can't recover an account. Only administrators can!

thank you, my bad Sad I have edited my post now.
tytus2 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:45:20 PM

Thanks !

If the admin will restore the old email that was on the account I can change the password myself. I hope this will be ok. There was never a BTC address attached to this.
lizardbtc

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:43:05 PM

Thanks !

If the admin will restore the old email that was on the account I can change the password myself. I hope this will be ok. There was never a BTC address attached to this.

You welcome

Perhaps you could try to try an address which you used to receive money from you signature campaign?? As I saw you had a signature campaign right? Hopefully this could count as well as you posted that address to receive payments which means that you own an address of your account - if you understand what I mean by this. Hope this helps a bit!
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7040

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 11:04:47 PM

Thanks !

Perhaps you could try to try an address which you used to receive money from you signature campaign?? As I saw you had a signature campaign right?
Unfortunally he won't be able to do this because his account just joined the bitmixer campaign this week according to the campaign bot. That means that the address in his profile is from the supposed hacker.

I searched your hacked account on Bitcointalk Price Estimator and saw that you posted 7 addresses in non-quoted text since the beggining of your account. But after diggning a litte bit more, looks like none of those addresses belongs to you.

Unfortunally, if you never shared any of your address anywhere in this forum, you unfortunally won't be able to recover your account.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tytus2 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:19:28 PM

Thanks !

Perhaps you could try to try an address which you used to receive money from you signature campaign?? As I saw you had a signature campaign right?
Unfortunally he won't be able to do this because his account just joined the bitmixer campaign this week according to the campaign bot. That means that the address in his profile is from the supposed hacker.

I searched your hacked account on Bitcointalk Price Estimator and saw that you posted 7 addresses in non-quoted text since the beggining of your account. But after diggning a litte bit more, looks like none of those addresses belongs to you.

Unfortunally, if you never shared any of your address anywhere in this forum, you unfortunally won't be able to recover your account.

But the old account still exposes my skype id and my picture (of which I have a full version).
The stolen account now promotes a money laundering service, which is a criminal offense in some jurisdictions and I would like not to be associated with this.
Can I request the closure of the stolen account ?
Is there an official "terms and conditions" page for this forum or an official contact address ?

I will look for some more evidence in my previous posts.
tytus2 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:23:19 AM

No reply from forum moderator.
The stolen account deleted my picture and deleted my skype id.
The stolen account posted a message on on the forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2006434.msg20003422#msg20003422
My first reply to that post informing people that the author uses a stolen account WAS DELETED by the moderator. I have posted a second one now.

Looks like account theft is part of the unpublished terms and conditions of this forum.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:59:59 PM

No reply from forum moderator.
The stolen account deleted my picture and deleted my skype id.
The stolen account posted a message on on the forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2006434.msg20003422#msg20003422
My first reply to that post informing people that the author uses a stolen account WAS DELETED by the moderator. I have posted a second one now.

Looks like account theft is part of the unpublished terms and conditions of this forum.

It is unfortunate, but if you don't have a post with an unedited address, there is not much you can do.
Remember to stake a bitcoin address in Tomatocage's thread to prevent this from happening again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: