Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:02:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No More Banking Problems  (Read 1310 times)
SAQ (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:22:45 PM

Exchanges Will No Longer Have banking problems:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1dyj70/update_coming_soon_a_private_fiat_bank_to_bitcoin/

I personally think this is huge. We get a whole bank to cater to our needs. Not only will exchanges be safe from any bank account closures, but it also makes buying bitcoin easy. I mean, we get a bitcoin bank - a bitbank - which does not do fractional lending, so its just there to act as a middle man between fiat and btc, but with all the support of a whole banking group.

No details as to who this banking group is though, but I for one can't wait to get a bitcard.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:25:31 PM

That's great to hear from user "bitfan2013" on Reddit, an anonymous internet forum.

Seems legit.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:27:38 PM

Yeah, right...

Lemme know when it's available.   Roll Eyes

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
SAQ (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:47:30 PM

That's great to hear from user "bitfan2013" on Reddit, an anonymous internet forum.

Seems legit.

I don't see why anyone would just make up all that stuff. He does need to address the credibility problem though.
bitarrow

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:59:23 PM

talkgold.com  has many offering this same thing. This is nothing new. Check the "bank" jurisdiction before sending money there. Panama, Belize, New Zealand and your looking to get your money stollen/frozen in due time.
jinni

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:23:01 PM

If this is for real in a country not related to scams and money laundering, this is huge. But I'm waiting for an official press release and some hard info before I would trust this.
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:24:01 PM

No mo fiat money we dont do that
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:20:44 AM

I don't see why anyone would just make up all that stuff.

To pump up the price? To mess with people? E cred? Just because?

It's the internet, home to bored nerds worldwide.
randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:58:23 AM

I don't expect to see one rolled out this year, but I assume multiple groups are racing to be the first to offer a BTC funded debit card. That is going to be Bitcoin's killer app. Whoever can deliver a card will dominate the game.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:37:11 AM

Seems legit.

I don't see why anyone would just make up all that stuff. He does need to address the credibility problem though.

This is the Internet:  Land of Because We Could ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:11:21 AM

Sounds good. Show me links and we can go from there.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:28:16 AM

This just in...

"A friend of a friend of a friend's wife told her husband that someone is moving $13.37 million into bitcoin next Tuesday at 1:48PM GMT"

Now you better believe it!  Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:44:47 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 04:56:01 PM by elux

Exchanges Will No Longer Have banking problems:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1dyj70/update_coming_soon_a_private_fiat_bank_to_bitcoin/

I personally think this is huge. We get a whole bank to cater to our needs. Not only will exchanges be safe from any bank account closures, but it also makes buying bitcoin easy. I mean, we get a bitcoin bank - a bitbank - which does not do fractional lending, so its just there to act as a middle man between fiat and btc, but with all the support of a whole banking group.

Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Think before you upvote, people.

TLDR: Reposted from user:doyourduty below:
1) OP comes from a family of bankers
2) Banks aren't afraid of bitcoin, they love the idea of it. The KYC/AML laws are the problem.
3) Too many unaccounted for funds can cause a huge penalty
4) Main problem is bitcoin<-->fiat
5) OP's Solution: An international bitcoin bank in panama where fraudulent activity within a specific account could be dealt with individually instead of screwing everyone (i.e. bitfloor, bitcoin-24)

Fucking ridiculous. Or, to borrow a word from the French, fraudolous.

Same guy who posted the "message from wall-street", asked for BTC, LTC donations, because "wall-street likes money",
but deleted his account after I started pointing out inconsistencies, and promised to poke holes in his bullshit story?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1cnxr4/hey_reddit_this_is_why_im_shorting_btc_with/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1chcv0/a_message_from_wallstreet/

Bitcoin will succeed or fail on its own merits.

There is really no need to pump these fabricated bullshit stories.

tl;dr: Upvote good news, upvote bad news, downvote fake news.
puffpuffpass

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:47:04 PM

Oops, you forgot to think on this one. How can a "bitbank" avoid government regulation?

I have a bitcoin address that anyone can send BTC too, so I'm going to post it
on my sig because I think someone is going to randomly give me their BTC:
1D37qouguK5rNh1mSZDocgVCvA2rxsAgLp Roll Eyes
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 10:37:28 AM

This isn't going too well - for the customers.
https://twitter.com/run_btc
^ This gentleman is connecting the tentacles emanating from Crypto Capital, which go back to Havelock days and involve the usual old scammers and highlights some new ones.
Further links reposted
https://breakermag.com/crypto-capital-is-the-common-thread-between-bitfinex-quadrigacx-and-other-troubled-exchanges/
https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/cryptocapital-co-may-be-cryptos-black-swan/
https://medium.com/@mathias_61938/the-man-behind-the-curtain-81ecf49fa339
Interesting titbit: Burnside was there at the beginning and end of Quadriga.

The long and the short of this is we should expect https://twitter.com/rolflobker/status/1090542851262423040 further similar troubles at

Coinapult
CEX.IO
EXMO
(BTCC)
chip-chap
...and any other exchanges showing the slightest banking troubles

Please share this to relevant local forums, especially the Ukrainian one, as the evidence against CEX.IO seems sturdiest.
Bumped because this seems to be where Crypto Capital started on bitcointalk
And in light of Wall Street's current Attorney General attempting to defame and destabilise Bitfinex and Tether
And because any scambusters in the forum could get some leads

exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 05:46:35 PM

This isn't going too well - for the customers.

Bumped because this seems to be where Crypto Capital started on bitcointalk
And in light of Wall Street's current Attorney General attempting to defame and destabilise Bitfinex and Tether
And because any scambusters in the forum could get some leads

This was always the pitfall of a specifically crypto-facing bank trying to service many different exchanges, and particularly less regulated ones. The same goes for Tether because so many exchanges have high volume USDT markets listed.

When hundreds of millions of dollars inevitably get frozen or seized, the whole exchange system can be destabilized as exchanges become insolvent or USDT-holding customers lose everything. I've been waiting years expecting regulators and police agencies to get that process going. It seems inevitable.

Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2019, 06:31:38 PM

Well we need some banks and service who can help to cashout or pay with bitcoin, but no one will trust some newbie on internet and a bank need to fain trust. Anyone know a good option for Europe, which card for bitcoin is good, to withdraw money for ATM and pay with? I want a service where on card i can hold bitcoin but not to convert to fiat.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 07:29:52 AM

I don't expect to see one rolled out this year, but I assume multiple groups are racing to be the first to offer a BTC funded debit card. That is going to be Bitcoin's killer app. Whoever can deliver a card will dominate the game.

Who knows, they can rush things since we are talking about lots of money. They would get a great profit and also Mcafee posted a pic about a crypto debit card.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 08:23:45 AM

Who knows, they can rush things since we are talking about lots of money. They would get a great profit and also Mcafee posted a pic about a crypto debit card.

Next time before you reply, try and look at the date first. This topic was recently bumped but it originally was created in 2013.

Since then there have been enormous amounts of Bitcoin debit cards or Bitcoin prepaid credit cards. I've even had a couple. And the last one I had was by Bitpay but they shut down their operations for non-US people due to the Visa concerns regarding these cards.

This topic was bumped due to the correlation with Crypto Capital and what went on with Bitfinex and Tether earlier in the week.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: