Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:00:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoPunks: 10,000 collectible characters on the Ethereum blockchain  (Read 829 times)
matt2000 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:05:18 PM

CryptoPunks are 10,000 unique collectible characters with proof of ownership stored on the Ethereum blockchain: http://www.larvalabs.com/cryptopunks They're an experiment in collectibles and rarity for digital items. In a weird but real way you can definitively "own" one of these little guys, then sell it for real money to someone else. As of this moment, all 10,000 of them have been claimed, and the average sale price in the aftermarket is $55 USD. Also, 1,419 bids worth almost $30,000 are currently pending. It's also been covered recently in a few places including here: http://mashable.com/2017/06/16/cryptopunks-ethereum-art-collectibles/#Ro1Oyp1ssiq9

One of the early users of the project suggested people on bitcointalk would be interested so I should post it. I hope I'm putting it in the right spot!

Happy to answer any questions and hope you like it!

http://www.larvalabs.com/public/images/product/cryptopunks/punk-variety.png
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daeone

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:33:22 AM

I've been mesmerized by this project since I saw it come out. I've watched prices increase, literally, 80000% (eighty thousand percent). I don't think the growth is over yet, either. The market cap is likely now around 1.1 million if you consider the average sale is $110 and there's 10,000 punks in total. The crazy part is I don't think it's even close to done. I watched discord go from 3-4 people to 100+ in a couple weeks since the projects inception.
bengems

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:37:12 AM

Which exchange trades cryptopunks

I've been mesmerized by this project since I saw it come out. I've watched prices increase, literally, 80000% (eighty thousand percent). I don't think the growth is over yet, either. The market cap is likely now around 1.1 million if you consider the average sale is $110 and there's 10,000 punks in total. The crazy part is I don't think it's even close to done. I watched discord go from 3-4 people to 100+ in a couple weeks since the projects inception.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Daeone

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:10:57 PM

Which exchange trades cryptopunks

They're not on an exchange because each one is unique... I'm not sure how you'd exchange them like that. That's what makes it so different. Every single punk is unique and holds it's own value. One punk that's particularly rare went for 10 ETH (http://www.larvalabs.com/cryptopunks/details/6089 .. you can see the tx on the page).

Easiest way to buy or bid on one that's publicly available is using the Cryptopunks contract on MEW and browsing http://www.larvalabs.com/cryptopunks to see what's available. The discord is always active with 20-25 people at any given time as well if you want to try to negotiate with someone.
wakier

Activity: 826
Merit: 260

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:19:21 PM

pardon me guys, what is the cryptoPunks actually ? is it ICO token or some airdrop. made me curious by reading the previous post say each one of it was has its own value, is this similar rarepepe coins or game based ethereum token  Huh and the final question is How to get it for now

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Daeone

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:11:38 AM

pardon me guys, what is the cryptoPunks actually ? is it ICO token or some airdrop. made me curious by reading the previous post say each one of it was has its own value, is this similar rarepepe coins or game based ethereum token  Huh and the final question is How to get it for now

It's an ethereum based token. Each token is 100% unique. None are exactly the same however some are similar. There's 10,000 tokens in total and they were all originally free to claim (gas prices ranged from 11 cents to like 1.32 because of ICOs going on when it was released). What makes them different is the artwork themselves are embedded into the actual token. The token IS art. A few are significantly rarer than others which is why they've sold for 8-10 ETH consistently now (I think there's been like 10 sales for over 8ETH)

To me it feels kind of like the blue partyhats of cryptocurrency.
wakier

Activity: 826
Merit: 260

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:00:33 PM

pardon me guys, what is the cryptoPunks actually ? is it ICO token or some airdrop. made me curious by reading the previous post say each one of it was has its own value, is this similar rarepepe coins or game based ethereum token  Huh and the final question is How to get it for now

It's an ethereum based token. Each token is 100% unique. None are exactly the same however some are similar. There's 10,000 tokens in total and they were all originally free to claim (gas prices ranged from 11 cents to like 1.32 because of ICOs going on when it was released). What makes them different is the artwork themselves are embedded into the actual token. The token IS art. A few are significantly rarer than others which is why they've sold for 8-10 ETH consistently now (I think there's been like 10 sales for over 8ETH)

To me it feels kind of like the blue partyhats of cryptocurrency.

thank you very much for your explanation sir, really appreciate that. now Im little bit understand what is cryptopunk. its like a precious stone with different variant and value on every existence. maybe that is why cryptopunks not on familiar exchange because its defference of unit and value

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
CryptoCanvas

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:50:55 AM

Hey, you seem like someone who could help us.

We have launched a BETA of our project CryptoCanvas. It allows you to create, collect and trade digital artwork. All the project data is stored on the Ethereum network. It would be really cool if you could have a look and give us your feedback.

Here is more detailed post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4475802.new#new

You can find BETA here: https://beta.cryptocanvas.art

Thanks in advance!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: