Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:07:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple will be the new Paypal in the world  (Read 1470 times)
Boxxl (OP)

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:23:42 PM

Impressive!!

@sbigroup offers real-time #remittance payments between Japan and Thailand using @Ripple's #blockchain tech!
https://www.afp.com/en/news/1316/ripples-blockchain-solution-powers-instant-remittances-sbi-remit-siam-commercial-bank

No Signature right now...
CryptoPro3

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Money loves speed

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:32:04 PM

No it won't

▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬WAVES▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
THE ONLY BLOCKCHAIN YOU NEED
▩▬ DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE ▬▩
SparkyU

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:46:32 PM

Well it's well on its way, it's already hated by a large majority of people. lol
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 09:04:57 PM

Impressive!!

@sbigroup offers real-time #remittance payments between Japan and Thailand using @Ripple's #blockchain tech!
https://www.afp.com/en/news/1316/ripples-blockchain-solution-powers-instant-remittances-sbi-remit-siam-commercial-bank

Big things coming..https://www.dashforcenews.com/ripple-enable-2-5-second-japan-thailand-bank-transfers-gateways-integrate-dash/
 Grin
shayshaylaboogie

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 09:25:21 PM

Ripple is the most regulation friendly crypto (that just happens to have reversible transactions Wink) Of the cryptos that are viable right now and actually have a chance to be adopted by corporate America, it would be either Ripple or Ethereum. Ripple seems the most likely though; the gateways are points of centralization, something that traditional finance actually appreciates. It's easier to assign liability to a central point of failure Smiley Ripple, now that you have said it really does remind me of Paypal.

Well it's well on its way, it's already hated by a large majority of people. lol

Paypal is Voldemort Angry they held a lot of my money for a very long time.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:34:33 PM

Ripple will be the new Paypal in the world

So you expect we will see a huge war going on between PayPal and Ripple? To replace someone you need to defeat it. And Paypall is so strong it will take a hell of a fight. You see Ripple that strong? Ripples centralization is a huge vulnerability. When Paypal pressure on Governments and politicians that are on Paypal playlist ti start closing Ripple offices one by one.

I dont think we will see much of a fight to be honest.

No it won't

Any reason?
asapjoshyy

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:39:21 PM

fingers crossed that youre right  Grin
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 12:34:07 AM

So you expect we will see a huge war going on between PayPal and Ripple? To replace someone you need to defeat it.
Any reason?

no. ripple will just be better.
niisarearning

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:02:44 AM

I really don't think ripple will replace PayPal even though any strong speculation .paypal hold is customer value not only because offshore transaction it gives end to end but s Curitiba.
metalbean

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:29:22 AM

There are two things to Ripple. Ripple the blockchain and Ripple the coin.

Ripple the blockchain might be used by banks as a way of "fork" or to use the blockchain verbatim. The transferred token can be Ripple the coin or others. So when talking about Ripple advancement we need to distinguish between the two. When not mentioned, we might want to assume it's the Ripple blockchain technology they are using but not the Ripple coin. It's like hey everyone is using blockchain != bitcoin rise (though it's related)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:51:58 AM

That is a bad thing.. And it's already true  Cheesy

FUD first & ask questions later™
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 02:06:37 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2017, 02:19:44 AM by KingScorpio

Impressive!!

ripple is just the continuation of the already existing central banks, making them pretend to become more efficient, all talk about ripple beeing undervalued is in my oppinion complete useless because the people that created and control ripple are the same that controll the existing global lead currencies, ripple cant therefore not be undervalued or overvalued it is just a tool of the bankers if they want it to have a different value they will achieve it. but the truth is that bankers arent some friendly guys trying to be efficient and good servants, they are basically those that rule the so called "free" society. And ripple is another attempt to continue their rule.

and no ripple will not be the new paypal in the world, because paypal became big in an environment in which there where no alternatives to nation state bankers, paypal adapted to this environment and became a broker in it. ripple becoming the new paypal is the dream the bankers have with it, but there are many alternatives to ripple and the nation state currencies now. and this is why ripple will not become the new paypal. maybe ripple will be a paypal for the money the nation-state banker kartells have created but in the upcomming world their kartells might be much less significant, so the paypal of tomorrow will not be as big as the paypal of yesterday.

riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:26:11 AM

you just cant trust ripple, so no its not in the same class as paypal. It may eclipse them at some point but fundamentally they are oranges and apples. You have Elon Musk revolutionary entrepreneur and then you have banks. Nothing new, just another way to xfer your money around. It might be decent technology but the people running it are just the worst. So in some ways you are correct, it may revolutionize the way we send and spend money, but you are wrong in the sense of their leadership and how they operate.

tldr they are 50% the new paypal. morally not, but revolutionary ways yes.
RandomEvent

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:39:36 AM

Lets not forget Ripple has direct competition with Nem. Nem is used in 140 Japanese banks and serves a similar function to ripple. Oh and the devs don't own 60% of it. I think ripple is great and there is no reason not to invest in both. From what I understand it only costs a few ripple to send millions around the world. Good for banks but bad if you want the coin to rise in value
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:40:34 AM

BITCOIN is actualy the new Paypal in the world

CrowdFunder

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:49:14 AM

BITCOIN is actualy the new Paypal in the world

Problem is bitcoin fees are still high, confirmation times take too long and it doesn't scale like paypal does. I don't think ripple is the solution though.
indika

Activity: 489
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:25:22 AM

Impressive!!

i think this is a good news to ripple if more and more banks become to used ripple as their interexchange currency ripple will be more popular
riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:37:25 AM

Problem is bitcoin fees are still high, confirmation times take too long and it doesn't scale like paypal does. I don't think ripple is the solution though.

But this may all change in the coming weeks to month. With the implementation of segwit the fees may get reduced and same with confirmation times. Bitcoin is the king of cryptos, hopefully it can stay that way come sometime August. Only time will tell
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:31:22 AM

But this may all change in the coming weeks to month. With the implementation of segwit the fees may get reduced and same with confirmation times. Bitcoin is the king of cryptos, hopefully it can stay that way come sometime August. Only time will tell
Bitcoin isn't paypal I agree bitcoin is still the biggest cryptocurrency. When ripple works together with banking industry and apply most centralistic pattern or application, sooner or later the cryptocummunity will leave the coins. The coin may be good for banking customers. I say that ripple price is stuck not jump in few months , the supply is also high expecting profit from ripple in the near future , ehm I think I choose other altcoins to invest.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:53:00 AM

PayPal is not a currency.
So the comparison is dumb.
Ripple can barely be called one.
Ripple is possibly the most retarded heap of scammy shit in crypto history.
It boggles the mind how you all started supporting it many years after the fact.

The list of problems with it are staggering.
And they have been posted endlessly for years.

In other words.. It's popular  Roll Eyes

..just like Paypal Cheesy

PS:
How many idiots know PayPal + Crypto shit is against their TOS?
Had your account seized?

You wouldn't know though because the staff have an entire forum section where they allow people to do it Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: