Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:12:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to effectively store large number of Bitcoins?  (Read 1325 times)
corroze

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:28:18 PM

I store all my bitcoins in an offline wallet, and this is the most secure and safest way to store all my bitcoins, i have a lot of fear to store my bitcoins in coinbase or blockchain wallet.
A lot of wallets turned to scam, that is why i prefer to have them on an offline one.
And of course that if your wallet supports multi sig would be much safe, because you can distribute your btc in different addresses.

indeed with the current bitcoin price rising security bitcoin wallet is a top priority to be able to anticipate the various negative possibilities that will arise to bitcoin that we have, and I also do the same with you save bitcoin in the wallet offline
androidpobeditel

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:47:22 PM

If you do not limit yourself to cold storage, you can use clouds like Mega and Copy.com for private keys, with encryption on the client side. Here the main password is decent to come up and duplicate on 2-3 clouds in case someone gets covered. Of the pros - always at hand with absolutely any computer and hidden safely, no worse than offline. This is especially useful if you have a server or at least a computer connected to the network all the time. You can then synchronize all the clouds, so that the traffic was less. Huh
andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:05:17 PM

Hardware wallets, hardware wallets, hardware wallets. If I say it three times will people finally start getting the clue? They are so useful and great for long term storage. If you dont trust the tech, just generate a seed on them and write the seed down and use that as a paper wallet and store it. With bitcoin at 5500 now, losing that much because you dont want to buy a $70 investment is unforgivable. There was a dude who just lost 95 coins. Half a million dollars which could have been avoided.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
Arkann

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 08:00:15 PM

It is most safe to store a large number of bitcoins on cold storage in a purse blockchein, which has an eight-level protection. To such a purse, no one will be fit. In general, there are a lot of different purses and that have a different level of protection.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
AleksandrKosov

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:08:25 PM

Buy the ledger nano s. Soon they will be at everyone.

bloodchow

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:13:26 PM

1. buy a new hard disk 50GB
2. install OS
3. install bitcoin-QT
4. backup wallet.dat to 10 new pendrives
5. send bitcoin to your bitcoin-QT
6. smash your hard disk into pieces or burn it with fire

Melquart

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:53:47 PM

First of all, don't store a big amount in any exchange. Put it in wallets that gives you your keys and keep them safe.

crisdean

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 09:07:49 PM

I'd go with hardware wallets and some software wallets such as Exodus and keep a small amount here and there. Also regularly selling them for cash and maybe reinvesting depending on the market. Definitely not hold them in one wallet and maybe keep them in different places or a Tresor.

I don't know how it works when a hw wallet dies but make sure to not have too large amounts in one place.
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:20:32 PM

Suppose I hold lot of bitcoins in exchanges and in some wallet. To prevent the loss of bitcoins, how should one manage them?

Generate multiple new addresses. Distribute the bitcoins among these addresses. Copy the private keys of these addresses to paper wallet.
Is this the way to do it?

What are other better ways to manage large number of bitcoins?
Dont keep your bitcoins in exchangers because they can anytime stole your bitcoins and disappear.
To prevent being hacked it is safer to keep your bitcoins in multiple wallets and adresses. If the hacker hacks one key he stole only 1% of your bitcoins. A paper wallet or just an offline wallet is the best method because that are the hardest to hack.
if you have too much amount of alts and btc, it will be better to buy trezor. You can access it online or offline,just always keep it safe and protect your keys.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:24:44 PM

Suppose I hold lot of bitcoins in exchanges and in some wallet. To prevent the loss of bitcoins, how should one manage them?

Generate multiple new addresses. Distribute the bitcoins among these addresses. Copy the private keys of these addresses to paper wallet.

If you want a cold storage then go for paper wallet with encrypted private key. That is the most secure way to store bitcoin regardless of the amount. However, if you are a frequent trader and need your bitcoins to be moved very frequently, then try some light wallet like electrum which has a feature of making multiple transactions at once by paying a single transaction fees.

However, don't forget to diversify your bitcoins in more than one wallets. Try few online wallets like blockchain and coinbase and hold a minor percentage of your bitcoins there for transactions on the go. Choose a mix of wallets to store your bitcoins so that you don't have to worry much about being hacked. You will always have some financial backup.

garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 09:27:09 PM

https://cryptosteel.com/
Everything else is prone to data loss as time goes by. Don't waste your money on trezor or whatnot if you want to store long term.

farhansadik

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:45:24 PM

I prefer trezor and paper wallets. I don't think you craving merged trezors ... if the one you have breaks, you can reorganize your bitcoins to one more one. Just create certain you have a backup (24 words seeds) stored somewhere safely.
btcboss71

Activity: 76

HIBEGYB MTO-sale Aug 9-50 || GTRUJDSAGR Aug 61

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 04:42:11 PM

Block chain technology is the most secure technology in the world. So I thing blockchain wallet which is engineered by block chain is very secure and nothing to worry about. On the other hand we can distribute our wealth in several wallet. In this way we can guard a big amount of bitcoin.

Brickblock.ioTHE FUTURE OF STOCK TRADING ON THE BLOCKCHAINBrickblock.io
REAL ESTATE FUNDS EXCHANGE TRADED FUNDS CRYPTO TRADED FUNDS
TelegramFacebook ❰ Crowd Sale starts 31st of October ❱ TwitterMedium
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 04:50:08 PM

Hardware wallets, hardware wallets, hardware wallets. If I say it three times will people finally start getting the clue? They are so useful and great for long term storage. If you dont trust the tech, just generate a seed on them and write the seed down and use that as a paper wallet and store it. With bitcoin at 5500 now, losing that much because you dont want to buy a $70 investment is unforgivable. There was a dude who just lost 95 coins. Half a million dollars which could have been avoided.
So what's better about a hardware wallet than a paper wallet that has been generated in a safe way?
I've been using paper wallets for large amounts and I personally don't see the need to invest in a hardware wallet.

I generate my paper wallets on a laptop that has never been connected to the internet and never will be connected.

Nilima-Temp.

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:28:36 PM

The easiest way to store large number of bitcoins is get hold of a good bitcoin wallet. There are hundreds of bitcoin wallets and for me, i think coinbase is the safest one as it offers to change wallet address whenever the user wants.
nskendrovic

Activity: 285

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:46:42 PM

The best way to effectively store large number of bitcoins is by educating yourself on the different ways to store Bitcoin. This will force you to learn what private and public key encryption is, as well as cryptographic digital signatures that help verify txns, etc
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:21:39 PM

Everything else is prone to data loss as time goes by. Don't waste your money on trezor or whatnot if you want to store long term.
Well, that can be done a bit cheaper, too. Buy some thin metal business cards from ebay, buy a second hand engraver and engrave your seed yourself. I won't advice to get it engraved by professional engraver, because you won't know if he recognizes that it's a seed or not...  Don't risk your hard earned coins
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 10:27:47 PM

Well, that can be done a bit cheaper, too. Buy some thin metal business cards from ebay, buy a second hand engraver and engrave your seed yourself. I won't advice to get it engraved by professional engraver, because you won't know if he recognizes that it's a seed or not...  Don't risk your hard earned coins

I got shit to do, I'd rather not spend my time engraving, $100 is nothing.

aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:30:02 PM

Definitely using paper wallets is a good idea. Be sure to store the private keys safely. I think hacking a hard copy of the private keys in a safe deposit box is a good idea.

I don’t think there is really any need to split the Bitcoins among several addresses unless you are worried about someone trying to steal the private key if it has a huge number of Bitcoins on it, or if you are worried about people tracking how much you are cashing out.
Napole0n

Activity: 579
Merit: 309

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:55:03 PM

Definitely using paper wallets is a good idea. Be sure to store the private keys safely. I think hacking a hard copy of the private keys in a safe deposit box is a good idea.

I don’t think there is really any need to split the Bitcoins among several addresses unless you are worried about someone trying to steal the private key if it has a huge number of Bitcoins on it, or if you are worried about people tracking how much you are cashing out.

I think using paper wallets is very risky, I suggest to use the wallet that is easier to use but safe, and we can select Xapo because it is connected to the application on the smartphone so it is very safe.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: