Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 05:24:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum GUI mining?  (Read 911 times)
JonP (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:53:57 AM

Started messing around with Eth mining, and I've tried a bunch of different CLI open (Claymore, QTminer, Ethminer), and all are getting around 3MH/s on a 980 ti (ethemine pool).. despite the fact that the benchmark mode of Ethminer shows around 21MH/s.  Anyway, I'm thinking I missing something in the options, and went looking for an easy GUI miner to Eth, and found wineth and minergate, but I'm not sure if I trust them.  They seem to lock you into a specific pool, and in the case of minergate, are not clear what all the fees are.

Does anyone have experience with these, or could make other recommendations?

Thanks in advance

-Jon
car1999

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:09:04 AM

try to update your windows to the latest version or use linux, try to mine coins rather than ETH, finally you will fix your low hashrate issue.
CLI is better than GUI in mining.
Pelekus

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:13:14 PM

CLI is better than GUI, with Claymore being the best one. Just take a standard configuration from its thread and change the default address to your own.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:11:51 PM

The easiest option to use that isn't (possibly) shady is Nicehash --- they will only pay in Bitcoins though, so if you were wanting to hold Ethereum that would require trading it later. If you want to exchange your earning to fiat (USD, Euro etc) then it's actually better to get paid in Bitcoins in that case.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 02:04:21 AM

980 ti isn't a real good ETH card anyway, it's a lot happier on stuff like Lbry, LyraR2, and probably ZEC.

Not sure about groetsl or skein, it SHOULD do well on those too.

If you insist on mining ETH, try genoil's miner, as it was CUDA specific in it's origins.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: