Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:37:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: altcoin mining/blockchain tech. used a resume boost?  (Read 254 times)
dandreark1 (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

out here

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:24:05 PM

So i'm pretty certain that this hasn't been discussed on the forum at all so I figured i'd see what people think about it..

Some of us are full time miners, some aren't. Some use it as secondary income, some as primary.. with the evolving tech., mining, and utilizing block chain, it's relatively new.
While much of it has been picking up more traction throughout this year in the mainstream..

My question is this, even without creating a business, LLC, or some legitimate form of business, how does the community feel about miners using their experience on a resume?..

I know we come from all different walks of life and vary in age, predominately (21-30) based on the poll here..

I ask this because
1. I've heard no talk of anyone considering the idea..
2. even without creating a business, an LLC, whatever.. Extremely profitable feats are to be made and I would imagine it would be admired/recognized by particular employers. As a college grad myself I only imagine that if someone running a ground up operation, pulling serious numbers, would WANT to use that experience on a resume regardless if it's 'self employed' or a 'hobby'..
3. Creating a mining operation A-Z, isn't something you just learn how to do over night. That knowledge is power.

Has anyone put any thought into this? Extremely curious not just for my own behalf but for miners out there that pushed all their chips in, and are reaping huge rewards. And that want to use that experience to positively effect their life moving forward.

Any ideas, thoughts, or responses are much appreciated. Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:40:47 PM

Its on my Resume. Its a great talking point in Interviews and can help you establish that you are technically inclined and possess a multitude of skills.
But there's no jobs that would count this as an actual skill that they would value, it just makes you sound good, like volunteering at the soup kitchen.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:26:11 AM

It would definitely show that you have some decent technical skills, and interests beyond what is required for the job.  If the interviewer is curious, it would be a great ice-breaker conversation.  I know when I interview IT candidates, I always ask them if they have a home lab or something similar... and a mining operation would definitely qualify as a home lab.  It's an important question for the interviewee to answer for me.  It shows whether they are interested in a career in IT or just a job in IT.  And it also shows that the candidate is willing to be constantly learning and growing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: