Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 01:11:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin accepted at New York pre-school  (Read 2055 times)
DentalFx

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 06:27:19 PM

Is it was first ever school in the world accepted BTC?

DENTALFIX | CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR HEALTHCARE | 200% growth in a few months
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:08:30 PM

If this things will be happen in new york. Another points and great news again for bitcoin community too. This will shows only that bitcoin is really doing an awesome things in any places of the world.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:15:13 PM

I don't want to disappoint the users, but almost all news of this kind are fake. Such luxury can afford only online stores. In my country, any subject of Commerce has the right to trade only in the national currency. You can't trade even for a recognized currency.
That's great, but your country isn't New York, where they can accept whatever payment method they want.  There's no law in the US that says businesses have to accept fiat.  Even convenience stores don't have to accept loose change as payment.  They can refuse that if they want to.  Thus any school like this can accept bitcoin and not credit cards.  I find that hard to believe, though.

Agree with above, this is probably fake news.  Wouldn't surprise me.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:27:18 PM

So he rejected the credit cards but is accepting btc? That doesn't seem that good to me, as I do not see anything bad for bitcoin but I see the possible struggle for the parents.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Skarner21

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 10:31:03 PM

That was a good news that there are someone are accepting bitcoin like in pre-school in NY that honestly still here they are still not accepting bitcoin but i think bitcoin is growing and someday everyone bitcoin will know the good benefits of bitcoin ..
More local business will accept bitcoin.. But the only problem of using of bitcoin is the speed of the transaction and the increasing fee for every increase price of bitcoin that i think should be fix in the future..

Make crypto as your bank.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:59:02 PM

"The head of two Montessori schools in New York won't let parents pay by credit card - but he is accepting Bitcoin."

Bitcoin accepted at New York pre-school.

This is something really positive thing that bitcoin is being adopted where is a tech-savvy next generation. I am sure in next few years we are going to see such things happening in most of the countries.

There is a school in India which started accepting bitcoin way back in 2016.

This School Accepts Bitcoin !.

Bitcoin could move forward and accepted in various sectors because of people who use and support this cryptocurrency, not only miners or devs team but every bitcoiners may have their own  idea or contribution for bitcoin usability in their neighborhood.
And many more such as; "The decision comes as an increasing number of places - including universities in London and Greece - take the digital currency as payment."
Bitcoin created to become an alternative in form of digital currency instead of just depend on govs or central bank fiat currency, so this kind of usefulness like a transition from being trading object into a real currency as medium of exchange.
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:09:11 PM

Schools accepting Bitcoin won't really do much for the price or demand of Bitcoin. But what I don't understand is why the head of those 2 schools doesn't accept credit card. It seems like a pretty dumb idea to only accept Bitcoin, but I am not sure whether they accept other payment methods such as bank transfers or cash deposits. I doubt they would be something like paypal to be accepting payments from so many people, they would have to do a lot of work to make sure that the account doesn't get locked.

To be honest, it seems like a publicity stunt and I doubt that the schools don't accept credit card. Barely anyone owns Bitcoin compared to a credit card.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:27:53 PM

Schools accepting Bitcoin won't really do much for the price or demand of Bitcoin. But what I don't understand is why the head of those 2 schools doesn't accept credit card. It seems like a pretty dumb idea to only accept Bitcoin, but I am not sure whether they accept other payment methods such as bank transfers or cash deposits. I doubt they would be something like paypal to be accepting payments from so many people, they would have to do a lot of work to make sure that the account doesn't get locked.

To be honest, it seems like a publicity stunt and I doubt that the schools don't accept credit card. Barely anyone owns Bitcoin compared to a credit card.

It is a good thing that bitcoin start to be implemented in many sectors, even though is not going help a lot in the transaction rate but it will help bitcoin popularity, and accepting bitcoin for education sector is a very good thing, the children will know bitcoin since they are young so it is a good way to introduce bitcoin to a young generation

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:44:41 PM

Realistically, I don't think these kids will even learn about Bitcoin until they are at least in high school.

The reason I am saying this is at least we had computer labs, etc. when I was growing up - it just goes to show how long it may take for Bitcoin to become mainstream.
staceyoh

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:19:30 AM

That's good news.
Bitcoin is being accepted by a lot of institutions.
It will get more popularity because of this.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:20:51 AM

If this were to be true, then it is a great step towards the wide use of Bitcoin all around. One should own a considerable amount of Bitcoin then to be able to cover the tuition fee of a pre-school student, especially at a school in New York? Only a few and mostly online enterprises accept Bitcoin and this kind of adoption would lead to the popularity of Bitcoin. However, the non-acceptance of credit cards is kind of dubious.
andremd3

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:41:22 AM

There's got to be more to this story. These schools are in lower Manhattan so these parents definitely have a good amount money and probably all have bank accounts....so why not just transfer him the money that way?

My guess would be these parents are trying to avoid reporting and paying taxes on their bitcoin profits. Getting him to take bitcoins is one way to cash out  without converting the bitcoin back to fiat and leaving an easy papertrail to follow.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:05:23 AM

that's can be a great start maybe it will gas up the industry, as we see that adoptions will make the system works, bitcoin will really make a big difference
in terms of payment system we will see more and more for sure as many business will follow this start, good luck bitcoin followers.
DOGE12321

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:13:11 AM

Yeah. It is great to see Bitcoin spreading like that. I don't know how much truth there is in that story, but I have heard the Indian government recently passed a law for Bitcoin. Education is an important aspect in our world today and the fact that people are recognising Bitcoin as a currency and not just 'Internet Money', is great. Hopefully, the introduction of Bitcoin will aid the struggling households in countries like India.

Moreover, we may even see a price rise, which is great!
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:24:11 AM

Good to see that bitcoin is havingvits level up. I hope this is true that even in school people use it as an option to pay tuition.I hope someday even in my country this thing will happen too or more than this because even in public market or store bitcoin is not visible to be part of their store. I hope adoptation of bitcoin will.continue to rise up like others did. It is a big wow for me to see bitcoin is spreading not only in stores but also in schools.I look forward for more of this kind of news and more than this, it seems this school.is a bitcoin enthusiast so they make a move that surely hit the public views of bitcoin in all.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:14:10 AM

Why would anyone need to pay for anything offline using bitcoin? this is the one thing I could never understand, there is no bloody need for people to pay for anything offline, all we need is the ability to purchase items, digital goods only online when we're buying something from an online service.
Many people thinking that it's good if we could pay with bitcoin every where and every time we were about to purchase whatever it is but they're wrong, we only need to pay with bitcoin where the normal processors are denying us their services.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:17:42 AM

"The head of two Montessori schools in New York won't let parents pay by credit card - but he is accepting Bitcoin."

This is something really positive thing that bitcoin is being adopted where is a tech-savvy next generation. I am sure in next few years we are going to see such things happening in most of the countries.

Woah, i have actuall ynever heard of the school that started to accept bitcoin in 2016. Thanks for sharing.

In my opinion, this is obviously going to be a source of publicity for bitcoin. Though whether it's good or bad, i'm not that sure. The school seems to be looking at bitcoin as a quick way to make money, and the tuition fees that they charge is absolutely ridiculous anyways.

The whole thing is probably just a publicity stunt, to get this sense of prestigious feeling for school parents. He brings up some good points as to why he chose to start accepting bitcoin, but all of them seems to be contradictory when he said that he would be not holding bitcoin directly, but rather converting into fiat straightaway. As a bitcoiner, i believe that you should at least hold 50% of all your income in bitcoin if you're getting paid in bitcoin, and not convert the whole sum into fiat.

costina

Activity: 120

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:53:52 AM

WOW!! That's good news I have ever seen before... Now tution fee will be Bitcoin kkk but you know, the rate of bitcoin still very high Sad I don't think that is good idea to apply for our real life
momagic

Activity: 152

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:13:35 AM

Do they reject Credit cards but accept Bitcoin as  a payment method? wtf?
So that they think that Bitcoin is easier for parents to use? Or are they thinking that when they do that, every other school all over country will continue to use Bitcoin like them? So confused
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:31:10 AM

My friend share this news story with me the other day. More and more companies, entities, and overall people are accepting Bitcoin as legitimate payment and even more people know about blockchain technology.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: