Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:28:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Noobpool.com Ethereum mining, 0% pool fee!  (Read 19930 times)
noobpool (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 06:50:28 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2017, 04:57:31 PM by noobpool

I setup a mining pool for new miners. It's focused on the more casual miners, people with lower hash rates (but others are welcome), simple instructions to be up and mining in minutes. It's built using the open ethereum pool source, and still looks a bit generic as I haven't spent much time to customize it yet.

The pool is setup on a dedicated, hosted server, 1gig network, 8 core super fast system. Payout is set at 0.05 and set to run payouts every 10 minutes.

People have been hesitant to join because it's not one of the BIG pools out there so they feel it's not stable or won't be around long.  I can assure you it's very stable and will be around a long time.  I've already paid 2 years of hosting for the dedicated server.  Hash rates are going up as more people join.  

Although this pool is designed for the smaller hash rate miners, larger rigs are welcome.  We can handle whatever you can throw at us.

Just visit http://www.noobpool.com to get started.

http://www.noobpool.com Ethereum Mining Pool
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 07:33:34 PM

I feel like an ass posting about my pool everywhere, but without getting the word out, it will never be more than a couple people mining on it.  Not to mention the links to it help with search engine results.  It'd be great to get the server up to 500MH/s or even in the 1GH/s range.  Would give everyone a good shot at finding the block and getting the reward as well as seeing payouts come every day or two.  Payouts are set at .05 and every 10 minutes, but until a block is mined the eth balance doesn't go up, so you don't see a payout until then.

I'm currently looking for some more GPU's so I can increase the hash rate myself, but as everyone knows, they are very hard to find and very expensive at the moment.

bustabitsboy

Activity: 318
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 08:08:30 PM

I feel like an ass posting about my pool everywhere, but without getting the word out, it will never be more than a couple people mining on it.  Not to mention the links to it help with search engine results.  It'd be great to get the server up to 500MH/s or even in the 1GH/s range.  Would give everyone a good shot at finding the block and getting the reward as well as seeing payouts come every day or two.  Payouts are set at .05 and every 10 minutes, but until a block is mined the eth balance doesn't go up, so you don't see a payout until then.

I'm currently looking for some more GPU's so I can increase the hash rate myself, but as everyone knows, they are very hard to find and very expensive at the moment.
I dont think you should feel like an ass, i only have a GTX 660 but maybe ill send some hashrate to the pool over the next few days, is there a GUI miner for eth?

noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 09:36:10 PM

I'm not sure, most people use ethminer or claymore to mine eth, both are just command line miners.

MikeLove2

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:22:40 PM

1) what address wallet on the pool?
2) this wallet is local?
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2017, 04:14:02 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2017, 04:24:50 PM by noobpool

You use your own wallet address.  

You can have a local one, or use an easy, online wallet like at http://www.myetherwallet.com

noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2017, 08:57:02 PM

I've lowered the pool fee to 0.25% and the pools hash rate has gone up a lot.  So we should start finding blocks soon if it keeps going up like it has.

noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 04:58:15 PM

I have removed the pool feel completely.  At least for a couple months.

grandted

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:22:23 AM

Hi, I'm pretty new to Ethmining and currently trying to mine on Noobpool.
I wonder how long it will take to solve a block at a speed of say 100 MH/s?
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 09:50:48 AM

Hopefully we can keep the MH/s for the pool at 200+ and should be solving a block sometime this week I hope.  But if more people join in, it will go faster. 

eagleye

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:14:46 PM

Ok,

I just joined.  Speed looks good.  I think your server is somewhere central US based on ping time from east coast.  Eventually more info and graphs would be cool.  Speed update is better and I'm finding more nonce per hour than nanopool.  I want to try the small guy out.  

I'm using ethminer 0.11.rc1 which does better just for nvidia GPU mining  it boosts the speed by 1-2 mh and i'm consistently getting better throughput than I thought I should get from nanopool based on ping times.  nanopool east is faster ping than noobpool, but noo

I've got 2 ZOTAC Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb each running on old computers.  2GB - 3GB RAM, normal HD. Old CPU and minimum PCI Express 16X.  Each computer runs 120-150 Watts.  I cut power to 60% and boost memory clock as high as possible without crashing.  Memory clock is key to Ether speed. unlimited virtual memory cache, windows 10. and nothing else running.

Question, I saw a note going out that other pools were not properly setup flexible gas limits and had them fixed and was requesting this big pools change that to a variable number of some sort.  Is your pool setup that way?
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/13793/a-handful-of-mining-pools-are-damaging-ethereum-please-help-get-their-settings-fixed

Maybe if you had a generic contact email on the page? Don't know if a page based forum would be helpful.

I'm hoping if we can all get this hash rate higher it will mean more success for all of us and possibly higher payouts initially.

eagleye
If any of this was helpful to anyone and you want to Donate for the info
ETH:   0x4Df5AaB02e8736dE4fE566f28419689415DaBd55
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 05:52:37 PM

I actually posted on that thread (Danx) and said that I was using the correct gas limits.  I'm also working on the website to add more features and an easier way to contact me.

The low combined hash rate we have means a long time between finding blocks and therefore people don't see their eth going up, which it only does after we find a block.  So new people will mine for a couple hours and still see 0 and leave for the bigger pools that find blocks every 10 minutes so they can see their amount going up faster.

It would be nice to get up to a few GH/s and see a block every few days.  I'm trying to find some GPU's to build a nice rig to increase our hash rate as well. 

eagleye

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:35:45 PM

Yea,  one feature would be a setup section for active miners where we could enter an e-mail, if we wanted to, and set notifications in case a miner goes offline and/or highlight the miner as not producing/reporting within 1/2 hour or 15 mins or some interval.

So, with fewer miners online, once we get a successful block hit this means larger payouts by percentage in the pot correct?  Based on percentage work history.  My theory being that if we hit once or twice a month the payout could be much greater, in the beginning, for those in the pool compared to other large pools, right?  A plus for the small miners.
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 07:01:05 PM

Yea,  one feature would be a setup section for active miners where we could enter an e-mail, if we wanted to, and set notifications in case a miner goes offline and/or highlight the miner as not producing/reporting within 1/2 hour or 15 mins or some interval.

So, with fewer miners online, once we get a successful block hit this means larger payouts by percentage in the pot correct?  Based on percentage work history.  My theory being that if we hit once or twice a month the payout could be much greater, in the beginning, for those in the pool compared to other large pools, right?  A plus for the small miners.

Yep, with only a few people mining we should make more in the long run.  Of course luck is a factor, but if we get lucky we will get bigger payoffs than with the bigger pools, it just takes us longer.

I'm looking into adding more features like graphs, etc.  The email would be nice, maybe have it send an email notification when a block is found as well.

Oh, and you asked earlier, the server is located at a datacenter on the east coast and I live on the west coast, so it's a little more of a pain in the ass to remote connect to make updates, especially since I have the slowest internet on the planet.  But it's the fastest available in the little town I'm in.

jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:20:08 PM

I might join the noobpool after a while but I checked the stats on the page and I see that the hashrate is very low being honest.

Miners Online: 6
Pool Hash Rate: 156.28 MH

A rig has more Mh/s than this, anyway I wish you good luck guys, I'm not aware how a mining pool is created but the 0% fee is a good thing to get started and to attract more and more miners to join your pool.

I will mine tomorrow probably at 130 MH/s at your pool and I assume I will get the payment within 24 as It is expected to earn 0.057 within 24 hours.
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 08:32:29 PM

I might join the noobpool after a while but I checked the stats on the page and I see that the hashrate is very low being honest.

Miners Online: 6
Pool Hash Rate: 156.28 MH

A rig has more Mh/s than this, anyway I wish you good luck guys, I'm not aware how a mining pool is created but the 0% fee is a good thing to get started and to attract more and more miners to join your pool.

I will mine tomorrow probably at 130 MH/s at your pool and I assume I will get the payment within 24 as It is expected to earn 0.057 within 24 hours.

That's how it works, everyone sees a low hash rate and skips over to another pool that has a higher one, so our rate doesn't go up.  It also can change pretty fast, since you posted that message the number has jumped to 10 miners and hash rate is closer to 400. 

As far as payment goes, once a block is mined it splits the payment to everyone who contributed and then it shows up as their pending balance.  Every 10 minutes the system checks to see if anyone has reached the threshold of 0.05eth and sends payment.  So if you mine for 24 hours and a block isn't found in that time, you won't get paid right away, once a block is found you'll be credited for your work and payment sent.  So even if you're not mining after 24 hours and we mine the block a few days later, you'll be paid at that time.  The bigger pools work the same way, but they have so many people mining that they find blocks very fast and therefore you see your amount owed update more often.  Doesn't mean you're making more, just seeing it update faster.

Jranti14

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:08:42 PM

Hi,

I'm currently starting mining at your pool with 180+hm. I'm just curious, why there's no payout records in your website. When did you start this pool? Thanks.
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 09:12:05 PM

Hi,

I'm currently starting mining at your pool with 180+hm. I'm just curious, why there's no payout records in your website. When did you start this pool? Thanks.

There have been no payouts because the pool hasn't mined a block yet, once a block is mined it will distribute the eth to everyone and send out payments.  The pool is fairly new, been around about a week or so.  Once more people join and our hash rate increases, blocks will be mined faster and payouts will come faster.

eagleye

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:34:57 PM

Right now what I like is once a block is mined we should all see a payout immediately because there are few of us here and the percentage is much higher than other huge pools.  A great statistic for each miner would be a record of hourly nonces mined which I think determines the statistical percentage of work performed.  but you do show the round share percentage which is very convenient and updates much quicker than other pools.

Its just getting used to not seeing that data until a block is found.  I track that 'A' number and my GPUs are finding more per hour than on the bigger pools.
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 10:48:26 PM

Right now what I like is once a block is mined we should all see a payout immediately because there are few of us here and the percentage is much higher than other huge pools.  A great statistic for each miner would be a record of hourly nonces mined which I think determines the statistical percentage of work performed.  but you do show the round share percentage which is very convenient and updates much quicker than other pools.

Its just getting used to not seeing that data until a block is found.  I track that 'A' number and my GPUs are finding more per hour than on the bigger pools.

I'm working hard on some updates, like graphs, email notifications, and estimated earnings, as well as updating the look of the site.  The pool is only a week old, so it will take some time to get everything else implemented, but I'm working on it.  Hopefully we can get a block mined soon then we will have a payout list which will make new people more confident that they will be paid and increase our hash rate.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: