Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:21:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Noobpool.com Ethereum mining, 0% pool fee!  (Read 19930 times)
lucifugo

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:34:11 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
 0.39567279 eth for me!  Grin Grin Grin

Now that the payment's went out with our first block and our hash rate is up, hopefully it will continue to rise so we can mine blocks a bit faster, 1 every couple days would be nice.  It took about an hour from the time the block was found until it was verified and all payments sent out.

Yes, I can confirm the payment is very very fast   Grin Grin

Noobpool, I have two "noob question" for you:
1) Can you explain me what means the stat "Current variance"?
2) In the help page I noticed you say to use eth-proxy. But it seems to me a windows only program (I am using clayminer under linux at the moment). Am I wrong? Would be better if I'll use it?
eagleye

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 11:37:32 AM

We found our first block an hour ago and payments are going out.  Congrats to us!

HUGE!!!!   My numbers are much higher than other pools by about 3 times for the amount of time I've been mining.  Gotta keep this up because now that we find one there's probably another one coming soon, statistically speaking.
noobpool (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 04:53:10 PM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
 0.39567279 eth for me!  Grin Grin Grin

Now that the payment's went out with our first block and our hash rate is up, hopefully it will continue to rise so we can mine blocks a bit faster, 1 every couple days would be nice.  It took about an hour from the time the block was found until it was verified and all payments sent out.

Yes, I can confirm the payment is very very fast   Grin Grin

Noobpool, I have two "noob question" for you:
1) Can you explain me what means the stat "Current variance"?
2) In the help page I noticed you say to use eth-proxy. But it seems to me a windows only program (I am using clayminer under linux at the moment). Am I wrong? Would be better if I'll use it?

The variance number is more like a luck factor.  It goes up as we find shares vs difficulty.  If we mine a block with a low variance payouts are better because we didn't work as hard.  We found the last one at a 30% variance, which is good.  There is another similar pool that's variance has gone to over 115% and they haven't found a block, bad luck.  So they end up finding a lot of shares and no block.  Or something like that.  I'm still a bit confused on how to really explain it.

As for the eth-proxy, just use Claymore, it is more consistent and it's what most people use.  The command line for it is on the home page.

http://www.noobpool.com Ethereum Mining Pool
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 06:45:30 PM

I setup the Telegram chat, the link is at the top left of the website.

lucifugo

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:56:34 AM

I setup the Telegram chat, the link is at the top left of the website.

Nice addition, just joined.
And thanks for your answers.
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 01:03:15 AM

Since we found our first block last night we've been hovering around the 2.5GH/s mark, which is about a block a week, a little less with good luck.  Smiley

tcsee

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:11:15 AM

Congrats! I would like to join this noobpool, I should be able to contribute ~31MH/s.
However I'm located in Asia. Any disadvantage of my Asia location for joining noobpool?
Also, I just joined your telegram channel. Hope to get more news there, and now I'm setting up Claymore to point to noobpool.
tcsee

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:35:06 AM

Just so you know I've joined noobpool, and verified my miner status there, my address now exists and captured in your miners stat. Happy mining together!

Folks can you help recommend android apps to monitor mining tasks?
tcsee

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 02:30:31 PM

Ok after some searching I found the answer. I use json api url from noobpool  and copy paste into eth mining monitor app, it works great.

Another question I have is, I've been mining at noobpool for 5hours, the ETH pending balance is still 0. Is this normal? At least it should show some figure right?
Pending Balance: 0.00000000
Credited coins awaiting payout.
rippingpants

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 02:44:47 PM

Ok after some searching I found the answer. I use json api url from noobpool  and copy paste into eth mining monitor app, it works great.

Another question I have is, I've been mining at noobpool for 5hours, the ETH pending balance is still 0. Is this normal? At least it should show some figure right?

You won't get anything until, the pool finds a new block. 
tcsee

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:11:48 PM

To estimate the amount of ETH I can get from a block,  I should instead look at the stat name "Your Round Share: x%"  right?
This x% is to multiply with the say, 5 ETH award after noobpool successfully completing a block right?

Still learning, completely a newbie here.
eagleye

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:12:43 PM

The disadvantage is you don't get immediate satisfactions like in other pools.  But the advantage is your payout may be higher than other pools.  other pools have to calculate based on block not yet solved.

The numbers to look at is your percentage share for the round.  Multply that percent by 5 ethereum coins and you get your payout, once a block is solved.  If you leave the pool, you will still get a percentage though it will decrease in value over time.  Stay in the pool and you maintain or increase your share.  As more miners join, you share may go down, but then the block is solved quicker.  

The variance is the luck of the block being solved in a round.  Last time we solved a block at 30%  But you  could climb all the way up to 100% and still not solve a block, though based on statistics, at 100% a block being solved will come very soon.

Here is a technical article on statics and luck of the pool and variance.
http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/2015/07/faq-bitcoin-mining-and-luck-statistic.html

Based on hash rate up around 3 GHash we should be solving blocks every 3 to 7 days. with a 5 day mean.  Lucky is sooner, unlucky is later.

For my first round of mining effort, I got more shares in 5 days than it would take me 3 weeks in other pools.  I expect my share to decrease with pool size increase but the payout rate still looks better percentage wise.
sky62

Activity: 197

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:57:36 PM

Very good !!!
I joined too, doing mining with my gtx 1070 and claymore from Italy.
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 07:17:13 PM

It's nice to see our hash rate over 3GH, means we will find blocks more often but still low enough that the luck factor will help keep payouts higher.  Even if we get to 12GH, that would mean a block a day and still would get better payouts than the big pools, most of the time.

Of course everyone is worried about the massive drop in ETH value, but that shouldn't scare people, just hang onto what you mine for now.  After August 1st and bitcoin has their soft-fork which should cause them to split into multiple chains, ETH should get a surge of new investors and prices could skyrocket.  If all those people with millions invested in bitcoin decide to switch to ETH it will raise the price dramatically.  My personal prediction is that ETH will hit record highs next month, but that's just my opinion based on what is happening.  So don't put much faith into the ETH calculators right now as the price has dropped dramatically this month.  Personally I'm going to try to get as much ETH as possible before the end of the month and hopefully reap the rewards in the following months.

Either that or bitcoin will crash and burn and bring down other currencies with it.  Either way it's going to be interesting.

People are also scared about investing in more GPU's and mining rigs because of the ROI with ethereum at it's current state, but you have to remember, if after the soft-fork in a couple weeks from now, if ETH doesn't recover (which it should pretty fast), we can always switch to another currency.  Mining is long term, not a quick buck.

lucifugo

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:14:31 PM

I can't find the app, can you post the link, please?
edwardw121

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:38:25 PM

Hi Guys

Noob here,
Currently mine to nanopool.

Am i more likeley to see higher payouts if i change to you guys?

Running 12 x RX 480's

Cheers
eagleye

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:49:35 PM

It's nice to see our hash rate over 3GH, means we will find blocks more often but still low enough that the luck factor will help keep payouts higher.  Even if we get to 12GH, that would mean a block a day and still would get better payouts than the big pools, most of the time.

Of course everyone is worried about the massive drop in ETH value, but that shouldn't scare people, just hang onto what you mine for now.  After August 1st and bitcoin has their soft-fork which should cause them to split into multiple chains, ETH should get a surge of new investors and prices could skyrocket.  If all those people with millions invested in bitcoin decide to switch to ETH it will raise the price dramatically.  My personal prediction is that ETH will hit record highs next month, but that's just my opinion based on what is happening.  So don't put much faith into the ETH calculators right now as the price has dropped dramatically this month.  Personally I'm going to try to get as much ETH as possible before the end of the month and hopefully reap the rewards in the following months.

Either that or bitcoin will crash and burn and bring down other currencies with it.  Either way it's going to be interesting.

People are also scared about investing in more GPU's and mining rigs because of the ROI with ethereum at it's current state, but you have to remember, if after the soft-fork in a couple weeks from now, if ETH doesn't recover (which it should pretty fast), we can always switch to another currency.  Mining is long term, not a quick buck.

Normal correction.  This is long term.  We are mining so, just hold.  I'm holding position.  Every Dollar you spend in electric and GPUs now to maintain the equipment is as if your investing in ETH.  Just at a lower price.  If it got to 300 once it will again.  These miners are great to accumulate coin over time.  Crypto Currency is now considered a hold and save for later by over 1 billion people.

It will have it's ups and downs, but eventually continue up.

And that's right multiple currencies, POS, Proof of Stake, is being pushed by some young developers here in Ethereum, but they are 6 months to 1 year away from progressing forward.  There will be time to continue to mine and then switch to a more profitable mining coin in the future.  I think Ethereum developers will look long and hard at the Bitcoin fork.  It's a true test.  IMO, the Ethereum POS is an attempted move in a more centralized mechanism moving towards the programmers to profit in large exchanges.  The small guy can't win based on POS structure.   I think also part of Ethereum devaluation was a conference call with developers about 2 weeks ago. Interesting watch.  He calls the Miners a Cartel. Yet what he wants to setup with POS is more cartel like.  Talk about programmers hating miners.  I thought it was the programmers who wanted the miners to do what we are doing now.  Even Bitmain says a Decentralized network is much better with a miner in every home, even as they create large data mining centers.

How about a Pool for the PASCAL coin.  very interesting story. Zcash and Siacoin is also hot right now.

eagleye

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:57:40 PM

Hi Guys

Noob here,

Running 12 x RX 480's

Cheers

Yup.  I switched from there.  made 4 times my nanopool returns in the first round.  nanopool is a good system, but this system works just as well.  Now that there's more people here, the return will be less for me, but still more than nanopool at the moment.  My estimates is right now about double nanopool just remember you don't see the rewards until a block gets solved.  Payout happens very quickly after a block is solved.  My share count is higher per hour here than with nanopool.  That's the number of accepted "nonce" found.  If solutions occur sooner, then the payout could be more on a percentage basis.  Mine yourself a round and then see how you do.  We are probably about 1 to 3 days away from another block with good luck.  Bad luck about 3 to 5. 
lucifugo

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:10:59 PM

Hi Guys

Noob here,

Running 12 x RX 480's

Cheers

Yes, I think so (I was mining on nanopool before noobpool).
AngelGris

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:11:30 PM

I'va been minning all day but when I go to noobpool.com and want to see my stats entering my address it says "No Account Data Available", why is that? Do I need to wait to see my stats?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: