Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:34:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Noobpool.com Ethereum mining, 0% pool fee!  (Read 19930 times)
ivymoss

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 07:41:42 PM

Sorry. Don't mean to be a dick, but what do you mean there were a lot of compromised accounts? Whose? Where? I mean how did the main account get hacked and how can miners  be sure it won't happen again?

I know that you are basically doing this for free at this point, so I don't have much room to complain, but I think we need a little more info to be sure that this is under control and we aren't wasting our hashing power.

Thanks
eagleye

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 07:46:05 PM

Have you taken other precautions against other future occurances?  How'd they get in?  Could it happen again?  Worse thing is if this is a test attack and they attack right after a block is hit.

Interesting how you can trace the transactions and now they're sitting in a new wallet.

Someday a programmer will create a database of "bad" wallets and the crimes committed that could eventually lead to an individual.
noobpool (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 07:51:56 PM

I'm working on this, I've only known about it for about 2 hours.  I'm checking logs, changed passwords, and am trying to figure out how and if this can happen again. 

http://www.noobpool.com Ethereum Mining Pool
lucifugo

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:16:37 PM

I'm working on this, I've only known about it for about 2 hours.  I'm checking logs, changed passwords, and am trying to figure out how and if this can happen again.  

I do not know if it is related, but claymore miner is giving me this error:
ETH:: No new jobs were received for 10 mins - something is wrong with the pool (or check -ejobtimeout and -djobtimeout options), disconnect.
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 08:21:18 PM

I'm working on this, I've only known about it for about 2 hours.  I'm checking logs, changed passwords, and am trying to figure out how and if this can happen again.  

I do not know if it is related, but claymore miner is giving me this error:
ETH:: No new jobs were received for 10 mins - something is wrong with the pool (or check -ejobtimeout and -djobtimeout options), disconnect.

Yes, that was related.  It's fixed now, I believe I've also plugged the hole that allowed the eth to be stolen.  To test it I sent some eth to the pool account.

eagleye

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:27:49 PM

ok.  good to hear.  So the pool server software is ok and not compromised or file timestamps changed for the code? So this was one back door, could there be others or you got them  all plugged up?
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 10:39:49 PM

ok.  good to hear.  So the pool server software is ok and not compromised or file timestamps changed for the code? So this was one back door, could there be others or you got them  all plugged up?

Everything is running fine now, even was able to change the ID so that when you receive a payment it will say Noobpool instead of just the wallet address.  And I did find the issue and fixed it.  Doesn't look like there are any other vulnerabilities.  The good thing is that the software is set to start sending out payments as soon as we find a block, so that will keep any thief from being able to get much if any if they somehow found another way to hack us.  I've also setup alerts so if there are any unauthorized transactions I'll be alerted right away on my phone, which is always with me.  Since they do a test transaction first of 0 eth, then start to take money several minutes later it will give me enough time to protect any eth in the account.  But I doubt that will be an issue again anyway.

And as a final measure of safety, I'll move any excess eth to a secure wallet on another system then I can move it back when it's needed, until i'm confident that we are safe from more attacks.

I'm not giving up on finding who did it though, they only got about $100 worth of ETH, there has to be some IP fingerprint somewhere and when I find it and track them down, I'll go to their house and rape them.  Literally.  They steal from me it becomes prison rules.

tcsee

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 11:42:34 PM

Received the news from telegram this morning.  Hope this is well taken care off.
Just wondering, the hackers won't be able to do transaction without a private key of yours right?
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 11:48:44 PM

Received the news from telegram this morning.  Hope this is well taken care off.
Just wondering, the hackers won't be able to do transaction without a private key of yours right?

Nope, it should be all resolved now and shouldn't happen again.  I'm keeping tabs on the stolen ETH, eventually it will be moved to an exchange or some other traceable location.  It wasn't a lot, but it's the principle that matters.  They hacked us and stole what didn't belong to them.  There will be justice in the form of their ass being violated while I sing Elton John's Can You Feel the Love Tonight...

eagleye

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:24:46 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2017, 03:24:35 AM by eagleye

second block was just found in just under 3 days at 3GH.  So now for more realistic numbers, I am still ahead of other pools by about 2 days.  This will be more profitable.  So, about 30 to 50% more than the big pools.

About an hour and a half to confirm then paid out in under 10 mins.
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 03:52:26 AM

second block was just found in just under 3 days at 3GH.  So now for more realistic numbers, I am still ahead of other pools by about 2 days.  This will be more profitable.  So, about 30 to 50% more than the big pools.

Would have been sooner but there was a minor glitch in my hacker proofing.  Next block will be faster to mature and payout once found.  But we're at about 4GH now so should be able to pull a block every 2-3 days if we stay at this rate.

tcsee

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:04:00 AM

Would have been sooner but there was a minor glitch in my hacker proofing.  Next block will be faster to mature and payout once found.  But we're at about 4GH now so should be able to pull a block every 2-3 days if we stay at this rate.

Great news indeed! As a newbie I'm so happy earning my first few dollars
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 05:18:03 AM

Okay, fixed the glitch with payouts, they should come a bit faster now.  I know 2 hours from the time we found the block until everyone was paid wasn't a big deal, but it's better now. 

I spent so much time working on the pool these last couple days that I didn't mine enough to reach the payout threshold.  How sad is that?  I need to build a dedicated mining rig soon.  Anyone have a bunch of 580's, a good mining MB, powered risers, some ram, a SSD, a couple nice PSU's, and a nice open air case they want to send me?  UPS or FedEx is fine.  Oh, and throw in a 1080 I can use for gaming. 

sky62

Activity: 197

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:10:42 AM

In my opinion, lowering the withdrawal limit to 0.03 would attract more people to this pool
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 06:39:27 AM

In my opinion, lowering the withdrawal limit to 0.03 would attract more people to this pool

Currently we have a 0% pool fee and pay the transaction fees.  So a lower limit would mean more transactions and more fees that we have to pay.  It's already lower than most pools.  A hash rate of 20MH/s can earn that much in a couple days.  But if others request a lower limit, I'll consider it.

eagleye

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:31:12 AM

I think a withdraw limit of 0.05 is fine and may have a financial reason behind the cost of transactions and the gas fees associated.  Keeps us mining longer.

On another note now would be a good time to remember those addresses who were here early helping you build this pool from the beginning  before everyone else jumps on and to that note, I don't mind if the pool fee goes up 1/4 percent fee to help you defray your expenses.  You deserve it.

Since your at 0% right now you should have an ETH pay address on your main page or bottom of the toolbar asking/reminding for donations for all this effort you put forth.  Donations: 0x....

A generous big miner would mail you a card or two.  I would but I don't have the resources yet.  When I'm built up to 3 to 5 rigs, then I'd send you an extra card.

tcsee

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 01:09:26 PM

I think a withdraw limit of 0.05 is fine and may have a financial reason behind the cost of transactions and the gas fees associated.  Keeps us mining longer.

On another note now would be a good time to remember those addresses who were here early helping you build this pool from the beginning  before everyone else jumps on and to that note, I don't mind if the pool fee goes up 1/4 percent fee to help you defray your expenses.  You deserve it.

Since your at 0% right now you should have an ETH pay address on your main page or bottom of the toolbar asking/reminding for donations for all this effort you put forth.  Donations: 0x....

A generous big miner would mail you a card or two.  I would but I don't have the resources yet.  When I'm built up to 3 to 5 rigs, then I'd send you an extra card.

I agree with eagleye, noobpool deserve some kudos for the real hard work he put in to enable all us.
Eventually when your maintenance costs go high, you shall charge some minor fees.

God, please send noobpool his dream rig  Smiley   We hope God hear this and enable some generous miners to make this wish comes true!

noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 04:49:20 PM

Thanks, but for now I'll leave it at 0%.  Eventually I'll move it up to 0.25% which will be such a small amount no one will notice anyway, but that won't happen for a while.  That would be 0.0125 eth divided between everyone for a full block, that would basically cover the transaction fees.

And have you noticed, the price of ETH has gone up by around $65USD over the past 2 days.  Hopefully it keeps going up!

lucifugo

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:56:19 PM

Currently we have a 0% pool fee and pay the transaction fees.  So a lower limit would mean more transactions and more fees that we have to pay.  It's already lower than most pools.  A hash rate of 20MH/s can earn that much in a couple days.  But if others request a lower limit, I'll consider it.

The withdraw limit of 0.05 is fine for me too.

Noobpool, just to let you know, a couple of days ago I opened a topic in the italian section of the forum to promote your pool  Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2017164.0 

noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 08:00:38 PM

The withdraw limit of 0.05 is fine for me too.

Noobpool, just to let you know, a couple of days ago I opened a topic in the italian section of the forum to promote your pool  Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2017164.0 

Thanks, I'm sure it's good.  I can't read it, but with our hash rate going up all the time, I think all the positive things people have been saying is helping.  You, eagleye, and a few others have helped bring in a lot of miners.  Over 5GH/s now.  Should mine a block about ever 2 days now.  I think we have officially gone from being a small pool to a medium size pool.  I think a block a day would be our sweet spot, still gives time for luck to help miners get better returns yet fast enough that we get payouts daily.  That would be in the 12GH/s range.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: