Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:23:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Noobpool.com Ethereum mining, 0% pool fee!  (Read 19933 times)
dmjjmd

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 10:34:46 PM

Noobpool - first off, thanks for standing up a quality pool and addressing issues found so quickly.  I jumped in right after the first block was found and am looking forward to mining with this group for a long while.

Second - any chance you've looked at enabling notifications for the pool?  For example inactive miner or new block found email updates?  No idea what goes into doing that or how much effort it is, but thought it would be helpful to those of us in the pool.
tcsee

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 10:44:53 PM

Noobpool - first off, thanks for standing up a quality pool and addressing issues found so quickly.  I jumped in right after the first block was found and am looking forward to mining with this group for a long while.

Second - any chance you've looked at enabling notifications for the pool?  For example inactive miner or new block found email updates?  No idea what goes into doing that or how much effort it is, but thought it would be helpful to those of us in the pool.

For your 2nd proposal, you can download an App from Google Play called PoolWatch, and just key in the json API url (which you can obtain from noobpool website by keying in your public address) into this app.
It works wonderful for me to check on my rig run status.
noobpool (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 12:10:32 AM

Yeah, email notifications are a high priority, just implementing it has been a challenge.  But I'm not giving up on it. 

http://www.noobpool.com Ethereum Mining Pool
dmjjmd

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:30:48 AM

Yeah, email notifications are a high priority, just implementing it has been a challenge.  But I'm not giving up on it. 

Excellent, I figured you were on it already but great to hear!

tcsee - thanks for the PoolWatch app suggestion, I'll check it out
eagleye

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:13:22 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2017, 02:35:07 PM by eagleye

You need to modify the configuration on your main page and help page.  

When using ethminer there are two switches.  the -G you mention is only for AMD based GPUs best performance.
changing the -G to
-U is the configuration for Nvidia GPUs.  I think some NOOBs are confused by this.  This is only for use with ethminer and not with claymore.

Best nvidia GTX 1050/60/70/80 config is as follows

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ethminer --farm-recheck 500 -U -F http://noobpool.com:8888/0x<addr>/<name> --cuda-parallel-hash 4
pause
all in a .bat file running windows 10 and latest drivers

the --farm-recheck at 200 milliseconds is quite low and I find it wasted network traffic.  I find 500 to 1000ms to be sufficient.  it can be increased to 1000 or 2000 which is 1 or 2 seconds check.  1 second check reduces bandwidth slightly minimizing submissions of stale shares"nonce". at 2000 you will get rejected shares in 24 hours.  I haven't at the 1000ms mark.

Statistically, new blocks are not once every second but mostly 10's of seconds so at 500 or 1000 milliseconds you don't miss much of new work.  Going out 2000 milliseconds gives you an accurate hash rate reported by ethminer, but risk rejected blocks.

I"m at 1000 and don't have any rejected blocks
tcsee

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:30:26 PM

When using ethminer there are two switches.  the -G you mention is only for AMD based GPUs best performance.
changing the -G to
-U is the configuration for Nvidia GPUs.  I think some NOOBs are confused by this.  This is only for use with ethminer and not with claymore.

ethminer --farm-recheck 500 -U -F http://noobpool.com:8888/0x<addr>/<name> --cuda-parallel-hash 4
pause

eagleye, for nvidia card 1070, any difference with using ethminer vs claymore?
I'm using claymore currently, avg hash ~26MH/s. If switching to ethminer, any idea how much % jump in hashrate?
metacrypto

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:51:24 PM

When using ethminer there are two switches.  the -G you mention is only for AMD based GPUs best performance.
changing the -G to
-U is the configuration for Nvidia GPUs.  I think some NOOBs are confused by this.  This is only for use with ethminer and not with claymore.

pause

I'm using claymore currently, avg hash ~26MH/s. If switching to ethminer, any idea how much % jump in hashrate?

Bump up that memory clock speed man! You should be around 30-31mh/s with your 1070. But ethminer and claymore are both pretty identical, especially with the new 9.7 claymore that just came out. Both claymore and ethminer were optimized recently and giving out another 1mh/s or so.
eagleye

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:51:44 PM

re 1070.

I'm using 0.11.0rc1 ethminer which was designed for the 1060 new mining GPU graphics card and also works well with performance increase on most 1060's.  I've heard that claymore is good on the 1070.  But you can check with these settings and try it out.  you may need to give the system time.  my hash rate was all over the place but now i'm averaging 19-22 Mh with a 1060  previously i was around 17-19  the longer it runs steady the better it does.  don't know why.

Try it out with the settings above and see if your hashrate improves  i would think you should get a steady 28 to 32 MH on a 1070  Boost the memory clock until it crashes then back it down a notch. Boosting memory speed doesn't do any damage at all.  It either works or it doesn't.   Also, you can probably knock the power down to 60%.  ethereum mining is pure memory intensive.  My old PC with a 1060 is running 100 to 120 watts total including system power.  the card is about 60-75 watts.   I use evga precision for timing, then I shut evga down after the settings take effect and it maintains those settings.  I find having the video software running made my system less stable at high memory speeds.  I have two cards, one runs at +290 on memory which is about 4.1Ghz the other identical card, different pc runs +400 or 4.4Ghz  any higher and they both freeze up.  I"m at 60% power.  only mining ethereum.  not dual mining at the moment.  Though claymore is the way to dual mine and I've read good reviews on the 1070.
dmjjmd

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:06:07 PM

changing the -G to

pause

Bump up that memory clock speed man! You should be around 30-31mh/s with your 1070. But ethminer and claymore are both pretty identical, especially with the new 9.7 claymore that just came out. Both claymore and ethminer were optimized recently and giving out another 1mh/s or so.

Ditto on metacrypto's comment push up the memory clock speed.  I run 1070s from a few different manufacturers and have them dual mining sia, decred and/or lbry at around 29mh/s for eth (at around a 40 dcri).   The actual values vary by card, but on average I have the card memory clocked up to +400 and power set to 70% limit.  You'll have to see what works for your cards, but for me its a good mix between hashrate and power consumption.
tcsee

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:23:03 PM

guys, thanks for the input about numping memory speed. Will experiment it right away.
If using claymore, bumping the power to 70% utilization, is it using this switch -ethi 7? I read somewhere the default is 80% power intensity

Mine is Asus strix 1070, already an OC version, but I guess the memory isn't OC'ed.
dmjjmd

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:33:26 PM

guys, thanks for the input about numping memory speed. Will experiment it right away.
If using claymore, bumping the power to 70% utilization, is it using this switch -ethi 7? I read somewhere the default is 80% power intensity

Mine is Asus strix 1070, already an OC version, but I guess the memory isn't OC'ed.

Suggest you use MSI Afterburner (or similar OC utility) to set the environment and tweak the cards.  This lets you change the settings while Claymore is actively mining which makes you see relatively instant results to what you're adjusting.  There are several articles or videos online that show how to make the modifications, but in short, just keep bumping up the memory clock speed by 100 until you see the miner or graphics driver crash, then back it down to the last stable setting.  For the power, you'll typically see hashrate drop before the card crashes, but do a similar approach.  start at 100 and back the power limit down by 5 or 10% until you find a good mix of power and hashrate.  70% seems to be pretty successful for 1070s but will depend on the card.

the ethi switch may result in something similar, but I've not tried it so can't comment. 
tcsee

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:29:55 PM

noobpool, I look at the stat from noobpool web, my hash is only showing:
Hashrate (rough, short average) = ~18MH
Hashrate (accurate, long average) = ~22MH

However my local start.dat window is consistently showing 25 to 26MH/s
I OC memory up, I was able to get 31MH stable for 5minutes, but I don't see my hashrate stat at noobpool web get updated. Later I switch back to default mem clock for better stability.

So regarding the stat at noobpool web, may I know anything wrong with that hashrate? Any reason it doesn't reflect what I see at my local machine?
ivan44

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:41:43 PM

And I will join with 240 mh/s, are the payments to the exchanges up to date?
If I give an address from P***iex, K***en will arrive there.
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 04:58:55 PM

The hash rate on the website is an average, it takes a while before it shows your full rate.

Payments have been going out on time after every block is found.  Everyone seems to be getting them in their wallet within moments of the payment sent.  As far as the exchanges, I don't know.  Most exchanges say to always send your ETH to a wallet first then send to them, but that's probably because of high transaction fees and when you mine on big pools you get a lot of little transactions because they mine blocks so fast, but here we find a block every few days so the transactions won't be a lot of little ones.  I don't think it will be a problem.

eagleye

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:01:11 PM

The web page hash rate is an average hash rate based only on blocks submitted.  The number is accurate.  Statistics says you will sometimes find blocks quicker, thus increasing your average hash rate and then sometimes you find fewer block reducing the average, but your GPUs run at the same speed for the same data.  This data at NOOBPOOL is the same with other pools I've experienced.

Later when the pool designer has time and programs charts you will be able to see your hashrate fluctuation and averages over time. 
SO maybe another calculation on the miner statistic page could be a 6hr, 12hr and 24hr hashrate average.  Maybe that's easy to  do.
The longer the average the closer to your true hash power.  3 hrs can give you the variances you are seeing.  Like this morning I had a 3hr hash rate of 25 on a 18-20GPU.  that's the luck of mining.  then it's down 6 hours later to 15 but i'm still mining at 18MH reported by ethminer.

Your computer tells you your true real time mining hash power.  The pool only tells you your hash power based on successful submissions and a calculation based on difficulty of mining the block.

Also, I like having my own wallet.  I've got it setup on a different computer.  A little slow to download the 40GB data file but I have control over my wallet and multiple addresses if I wanted to.  Any money in an exchange has no protection or guarantees.  You or they lose your key or a market crash takes out the exchange and your coins could be gone.

Just look at the warnings they have with bitcoin that you should keep your own private key to your funds offline Aug. 1 in case something bad happens and your exchange loses your coins.

Once in the wallet, I can quickly send coins to an exchange to do whatever I want and I can quickly get them back out or converted to other coins and into my own private wallets. 
My only wait from payment is waiting for my wallet to download and update the blockchain with the transactions and voila they appear in my wallet after payment.  I also find it easy to backup the wallet key and very easy to move to a new computer when needed.
tcsee

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:09:01 AM

Eagleye, thanks for the sharing.
Any ideas when likely we are going to solve another block?
Which indicator do we look at to predict and calculate the estimated time needed to solve a block? Barring the luck factor.
eagleye

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:57:24 AM

HA!  Funny you should ask.

Based on statistics, we hit the first block at 30% variance but the pool was running for several weeks below 500MH. Small hash rate and you have a better chance at hitting in the low percentage but it takes longer.   Then we hit the second block at 53% variance and over 1 GH in 2 days.   Now, I'm taking the curve and estimating to about 75%-80% any moment now for the next block.  As we get closer to 100% variance after each round with more hash power quicker we will hit the block.  Let's see how close I am.  Notice the variance is climbing much faster now with higher hash power.  
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 03:25:00 AM

Lets see, it's about 8:30pm here, so I'm guessing sometime around 3am when I'm sound asleep so my phone will go off and wake me, then I'll have to get up and make sure all payments went out, so that will be about an hour or so of lost sleep.. 

badream

Activity: 291
Merit: 155

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 08:51:34 AM

Are you willing to support nicehash for your pool?

tcsee

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:58:39 AM

Guys, which crypto to crypto exchange will you recommend? I was looking at Poloniex, but I want to explore more options...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: