Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:14:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Noobpool.com Ethereum mining, 0% pool fee!  (Read 19930 times)
lucifugo

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:09:34 AM

I use MSI Afterburner to tweak (although I'm using Asus Strix GPU), I learned from the forum members here too.
I tweaked to increase GPU memory frequency, incremental of 100MHz each time, click apply and let it stable for at least 10minutes, you can see the hashrate goes up real time, if PC is stable, I repeat the same step, 100MHz incremental  until your PC hit instability, marked that unstable frequency and dial back.

After achieving stable memory frequency, you can play around with GPU power level dial also, that should help to lower your electricity bill abit, and enjoy lower temperature.

What are the values that are stable for you?
tcsee

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:29:14 AM

I use MSI Afterburner to tweak (although I'm using Asus Strix GPU), I learned from the forum members here too.
I tweaked to increase GPU memory frequency, incremental of 100MHz each time, click apply and let it stable for at least 10minutes, you can see the hashrate goes up real time, if PC is stable, I repeat the same step, 100MHz incremental  until your PC hit instability, marked that unstable frequency and dial back.

After achieving stable memory frequency, you can play around with GPU power level dial also, that should help to lower your electricity bill abit, and enjoy lower temperature.

I'm away from PC, later tonight I'll check for you.
tcsee

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:56:01 AM

I tweaked to increase GPU memory frequency, incremental of 100MHz each time, click apply and let it stable for at least 10minutes, you can see the hashrate goes up real time, if PC is stable, I repeat the same step, 100MHz incremental  until your PC hit instability, marked that unstable frequency and dial back.

I'm living in a tropical country, hence my room temperature is ~29'C (~84'F). If you are in cold country, maybe can push the limit further,

In MSI Afterburner, I'm having this setting stable for 1day+ already for my GTX 1070:
Memory Clock (MHz) = +540
Core Clock (MHz) = +0
Power Limit (%) = 68%
Fan Speed Auto (sometimes I set to 60)

With above setting, I'm getting ~30MH/s, GPU temp = 55'C
badream

Activity: 291
Merit: 155

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:45:49 PM

I'm living in a tropical country, hence my room temperature is ~29'C (~84'F). If you are in cold country, maybe can push the limit further,

In MSI Afterburner, I'm having this setting stable for 1day+ already for my GTX 1070:
Core Clock (MHz) = +0
Power Limit (%) = 68%

Have you tried to underclock your core clock? I run my GTX 1080 TI with -400 MHz core clock and there is no difference in hash speed but temps are almost five degrees lower.

Don't use your 1080ti on eth, you are wasting time and power!
eth is for 1070/1060s only on the nvidia side

ivymoss

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:31:12 PM

Don't use your 1080ti on eth, you are wasting time and power!
eth is for 1070/1060s only on the nvidia side
[/quote]Ok, I'll stop that right away. Cheesy Seriously is there a good reason why I shouldn't mine with the GTX 1080 Ti. I'm not using it when I'm at work or sleeping and the electricity is basically free in Finland.
[/quote]

Presumably they just mean that the GDDR5X memory is not optimized for the ETH algos in current mining software. So, there are probably more profitable ways to use your card mining.
lucifugo

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:31:48 PM

I'm living in Italy but my room temperature is higher than yours!

Core Clock (MHz) = +0
Power Limit (%) = 68%

I'll try this setting (as soon as I'll be able to overclock gpu under linux...).
Very very thanks  Grin
eagleye

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:34:50 PM

Damn, up to 111% variance.  Hopefully we get it soon and the next one at like 3%..

noobpool, how do they calculate the "bounty" per blockchain. For example, looks like our current block is more difficult to solve, do they pay higher ETH per block? Just curios what's the price tag they attach per blockchain and what's the criteria for that price tag?

That's a good question.  Our first was 5.01, the next was 5.34.  And honestly, I have no clue.  If you figure it out please share with the class.

It's 5 ethereum per block discovery win.  The extra ether is the gas charge in the transactions inside the block so that's the bonus.  Look at the transaction history you will see very few transactions in the first block and many more in the second successful block.

RE: 1080  8GB.  that's a good card for dual mining.  you can mine ether with 4GB reserved memory and then the other 4GB can mine another GPU intense algo. zcash/sia/dodge/pascal
badream

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:04:30 PM

Are you willing to support nicehash for your pool?

Nicehash is supported, just use Daggerhashmoto as the algorithm. 

yeah i use it on ethermine, but i need some setting from the pool to set up nicehash. Have you tried to set it up? i can't!

I haven't used nicehash before, but the settings for the pool should be the same as the claymore settings I would think.

Hi, i'm still trying to set up nicehash on your pool, but it doesn't work, it seems to be incompatible:

Can you do something about this?

noobpool (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 05:36:13 PM

yeah i use it on ethermine, but i need some setting from the pool to set up nicehash. Have you tried to set it up? i can't!

I haven't used nicehash before, but the settings for the pool should be the same as the claymore settings I would think.

Hi, i'm still trying to set up nicehash on your pool, but it doesn't work, it seems to be incompatible:

The password has to be #, and the port I believe needs to be 8008.

http://www.noobpool.com Ethereum Mining Pool
badream

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:13:39 PM

The password has to be #, and the port I believe needs to be 8008.

nope, with 8008 port it says:
Error: Read timed out

Warning: Selected pool did not request min or higher working diff: 0.9 Check FAQ!

noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 10:06:59 PM

Didn't take a screenshot, just copy/paste

Pool host: noobpool.com
Pool port: 8008
Pool user: 0x4D51E8dD5E719b7ab4e806ecE390259E3b63ff83
Pool pass: #
Algorithm: DaggerHashimoto

Resolving pool host noobpool.com... OK
Establishing connection with proxy... OK
Establishing connection with pool 216.250.117.87:8008... OK
Sending eth_submitLogin... OK
Received authorization result... OK
Sending eth_getWork... OK
Received work... OK: difficulty=0.46565418

Pool verification process is complete. Tested pool is compatible!

zerofunds

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:26:34 PM

Hey, just joined the pool from New Zealand and pointed a few rigs at this pool, if it works out I might bring all of my rigs over, should be another 900mhs on top of the 330 I have in the noobpool already. Love the idea of a small pool. Now lets find that next block  Grin
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 11:34:42 PM

Hey, just joined the pool from New Zealand and pointed a few rigs at this pool, if it works out I might bring all of my rigs over, should be another 900mhs on top of the 330 I have in the noobpool already. Love the idea of a small pool. Now lets find that next block  Grin

Welcome, our first couple blocks were at a low variance, but this one is being stubborn, up to 140% so far.  Maybe the next will be at like 5-10%.  Smiley

noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 04:51:05 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2017, 05:30:40 AM by noobpool

148% and still no block.  Okay, if we don't hit it by 151% I'm going to binge watch all the twilight movies in order and keep watching them until we hit the block.  Please god let us mine that block soon.

Update:

The pain begins... 

noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 05:55:07 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2017, 06:44:21 AM by noobpool

148% and still no block.  Okay, if we don't hit it by 151% I'm going to binge watch all the twilight movies in order and keep watching them until we hit the block.  Please god let us mine that block soon.
Current round variance is 152% so looks like it's time for:  Grin

Please make it stop.  It's killing me, and not in a turn me into a vampire kinda way...  

Another update, watching New Moon now.  Oh god it's boring..  I want to stab myself in the eyes.  But this bottle of wine helps a little.

lucifugo

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:22:30 AM

Is there an upper cap to the round variance???
eagleye

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:04:42 AM

Nope.  Theoretically you could be unlucky for some time.  the pendulum swings in both directions  We hit the first two blocks relatively quickly so now we get to experience the other side of the curve.  It's like watching the average hash power go up and down.  I'm mining on one card at 19MH but it swings from 11MH unlucky mining to 28MH lucky mining.  It's still mining at the same hash power it just depends on what the random number generator discovers.

This is a marathon and not a sprint.  We have good hashpower now and should be finding them much sooner than this.  Just give it time. The pendulum will swing back to the lucky side.

Watching your GPU find a share is an amplified version of finding the block.  You'll see minutes go by sometime on one GPU and nothing found, then a "nonce" appears out of nowhere.  Then you see it find two in a row.  Same thing with us finding a block.
badream

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:32:57 PM

167% of unluck Cheesy

noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 07:39:14 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2017, 07:49:47 PM by noobpool

167% of unluck Cheesy

Yep, maybe the next one we'll find at like 5% to make up for it.  

If we don't hit it by 200% I'll eat my own face.  I'll cut it off and eat it.  I'll upload the video to youtube.

dmjjmd

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:17:37 AM

looks like 174% was the magic number, we finally found a block!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: