Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:45:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Noobpool.com Ethereum mining, 0% pool fee!  (Read 19930 times)
noobpool (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 02:31:19 AM

looks like 174% was the magic number, we finally found a block!

I don't have to cut off my face and eat it afterall.  On the downside, it was an uncle.  But at least we are passed that block and looking for better luck on the next.

http://www.noobpool.com Ethereum Mining Pool
eagleye

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:02:30 AM

And it was an uncle of a block.  Talk about pulling teeth. Tongue Shocked
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 03:05:08 AM

Yeah, was a rough week for noobpool.  Things should be better now.  Uncles are such a low % chance to get, and we get one on our 3rd block, and at 175% variance. 

tcsee

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:04:55 AM

Finally, let's get the bad luck outta our way!

noobpool, just want to ask, for example, for a new block, if I started mining for a day, then I temporary quit the mining session, and I played PC games for a couple of hours, while I played PC games noobpool hit a jackpot solving a block, will I also get paid for the previous 1 day mining work that I contributed?
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 04:25:46 AM

Finally, let's get the bad luck outta our way!

noobpool, just want to ask, for example, for a new block, if I started mining for a day, then I temporary quit the mining session, and I played PC games for a couple of hours, while I played PC games noobpool hit a jackpot solving a block, will I also get paid for the previous 1 day mining work that I contributed?

Yep, you still get paid for the work you did, you don't have to be mining when we hit a block to get your payout as long as the amount you mined is enough for you to reach the payout threshold. 

And on a positive note, I almost have the email notifications working.  I'm so close I can taste it, just something isn't exactly right.  I know it's gonna be something simple, like a port number in a config file..

lucifugo

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:48:31 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2017, 06:03:36 AM by lucifugo

And it was an uncle of a block.  Talk about pulling teeth. Tongue Shocked

Yeah, was a rough week for noobpool.  Things should be better now.  Uncles are such a low % chance to get, and we get one on our 3rd block, and at 175% variance.  

Guys, can you explain me what an uncle block is and why it paid us only 3.75 eth?

(I am happy  Cheesy I just managed to overclock the nvidia 1070s: under linux isn't a simple task...)
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 06:07:10 AM

Yeah, was a rough week for noobpool.  Things should be better now.  Uncles are such a low % chance to get, and we get one on our 3rd block, and at 175% variance. 

Guys, can you explain me what an uncle block is and why it payd us only 3.75 eth?

(I am happy  Cheesy I just managed to overclock the nvidia 1070s: under linux isn't a simple task...)

An uncle block is kinda like a stale or orphaned block that you would see in some other currencies like bitcoin except with Ethereum you still get paid some.  The normal rate for uncle bocks is about 3%, so the fact that we found one on our 3rd block is just really bad luck.  I'm sure someone could explain it better.  Some pools don't pay for uncle blocks, but that seems really unfair and would cause a lot of people to stop mining if it were on a small pool.  On big pools you might not notice it. 

eagleye

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:45:11 PM

that's correct.  Uncle block payments is a plus.  that's the profit in other pools.  An uncle is a late confirmation, but it's still a confirmation so you get residual credit..

On another note, pool server just crashed.  main web page is working, but no access to workers data or pool
ivymoss

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:02:20 PM

On another note, pool server just crashed.  main web page is working, but no access to workers data or pool

Yep. Mine thrown off the pool and can't re-connect.
eagleye

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:39:14 PM

pool just came back up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  mining again.  only 1 hour of downtime.
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 05:16:04 PM

Not sure what caused the crash, happened while I was asleep.  But glad it corrected itself.  Only problem is we lost some miners.  Hopefully they come back as well.  I'll check the logs and see if I can figure out what happened.

dmjjmd

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:11:48 PM

Seeing rejections from the server again.   Looks like it might have crashed again...
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 09:18:28 PM

Seeing rejections from the server again.   Looks like it might have crashed again...

Yep, restarting the server.  Will be back in a few minutes.

noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 09:53:02 PM

Okay, figured it out.  With the amount of data the server has been pushing, it was forced to do a re-sync with the raid.  That's what caused our crash, it couldn't handle the resync while we were still pushing so much data.  Once the resync is finished it won't happen again because there will be much less to sync, this is the first time since starting the server it's had to do this. 

The sync will take another 10-15 minutes and everything will be restarted.  Sorry for the problems.

eagleye

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:08:43 PM

Ok,

Good to know.  Thanks for the update and the solution to the issue.  Will wait for my error messages to disappear.
eagleye

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:16:02 PM

and we are back...

How about a --refresh on the miners of 500 to 1000.  I think every 200 milliseconds is too quick and a waste of traffic, however small that traffic may be.   I read 200 Ms was the idea behind each mining card polling the proxy server to reduce traffic.  the proxy server checks every 500 ms.

It can take 20 to 200ms just waiting for network traffic pinging of data between miners and pool.
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 10:29:18 PM

Found the root of our issue, the folder that kept all backend stats was only set at 4gigs, so once stats reached that point it stopped working and caused our issues with the server trying to resync to the raid, etc.  So I fixed that problem and it won't happen again.  A few hiccups for our first month hasn't been too bad.  Got hit by a hacker for 0.66eth, had a stubborn block that went to 175% variance then turned out to be an uncle, and now a server crash, which was 100% my fault for not monitoring the folder size.  I don't think anything else can go wrong now, so we should be in the clear.  Just afraid we have lost the faith of a lot of miners over these things.  Hopefully we can get our hash rate back up soon, we were at 6GH, now we are down to 2GH.  But even 2GH isn't that bad.  Smiley

eagleye

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:51:54 PM

Na.

You lost about 20 on the first crash this  morning.  After you came back up now those 50+ came right back.  It's just taking the average hash rate time to refresh back up to 4 GH.  these miners have been working hard and not finding much right away but the hash rate is increasing.
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 12:05:14 AM

Na.

You lost about 20 on the first crash this  morning.  After you came back up now those 50+ came right back.  It's just taking the average hash rate time to refresh back up to 4 GH.  these miners have been working hard and not finding much right away but the hash rate is increasing.

Yeah, it's slowly going up.  Hopefully we can get it high enough that blocks are found more often and payouts more often.  1 or 2 blocks a day would be great, more payouts.  We just need more miners. 

tcsee

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:25:32 AM

Hi,
Need some advice here. Is it possible to mine ethereum using mix GPU? 1xAMD and 1xNvidia card in same rig?
I have a GTX1070, planning to get one AMD RX580.... just curious, for obvious reason RX580 is cheaper.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: