Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:24:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Noobpool.com Ethereum mining, 0% pool fee!  (Read 19919 times)
Gustafio

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:53:25 AM

Hello,

I wanted to know why on this page:  http://www.noobpool.com/#/blocks

for example the block 0x77692cd6e9ea6d4506bf628c5a7012500e68fc92f2ca2306847157bd49448c50 is having a reward of

but when I go check to etherscan:
https://etherscan.io/block/0x77692cd6e9ea6d4506bf628c5a7012500e68fc92f2ca2306847157bd49448c50

The reward says:
5.189126247476750747 Ether (5 + 0.189126247476750747)

Does someone know?
Thanks

The amount (0.189) is transaction fees and all of it goes to the Noobpool owner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
senya2k

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:29:27 PM

this pool is scam. why nobody deleted this theard?!
noobpool (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 02:20:03 PM

this pool is scam. why nobody deleted this theard?!

And how is it a scam?  Lets hear the details.  Is it because it's a prop pool that found a way to stop pool hoppers?  You must be one of those.  If so, on behalf of all the people mining on the pool, thank you for the free shares and hash power.  Everyone enjoys the bonus money they get from the tax put on the pool hoppers.

http://www.noobpool.com Ethereum Mining Pool
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:56:53 PM

I have never tried your pool, but are you sure it is actual pool hoppers and not people who just setup your pool as perhaps one of their backup options in case their primary pool were to go down?

I primarily point my miners at Ethermine where they normally stay, but every once it awhile they fail-over to one of my backup pools, such as Nanopool. Since the mining software periodically rechecks the primary pool to see if it is back up, I may only mine on the backup pool for a short period of time before the hashrate moves back to the primary pool.  I would hate to think this sudden inflow of hash power to my backup pool would be considered pool hopping and be penalized for it.
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 11:18:44 PM

I have never tried your pool, but are you sure it is actual pool hoppers and not people who just setup your pool as perhaps one of their backup options in case their primary pool were to go down?

I primarily point my miners at Ethermine where they normally stay, but every once it awhile they fail-over to one of my backup pools, such as Nanopool. Since the mining software periodically rechecks the primary pool to see if it is back up, I may only mine on the backup pool for a short period of time before the hashrate moves back to the primary pool.  I would hate to think this sudden inflow of hash power to my backup pool would be considered pool hopping and be penalized for it.

The pool hoppers I am talking about are the people who jump on the instant we hit a block with hash power equal the the amount of the rest of the pool combined, stay till 30% variance and leave.  They always leave at exactly 30% and always jump on as soon as a block is hit.  Those are the ones who we have stopped, and some have noticed and removed us from their bot list, others still continue to do it because it's all run by bots and they never actually check to see if they are making anything or not.

People who only mine part time are not considered pool hoppers.  Just the ones like I described.

dirtriderdan

Activity: 45

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:17:54 AM

The pool hoppers I am talking about are the people who jump on the instant we hit a block with hash power equal the the amount of the rest of the pool combined, stay till 30% variance and leave.  They always leave at exactly 30% and always jump on as soon as a block is hit. 

It doesn’t take long watching this pool to see what noobpool said is indeed true.  In the past couple weeks I’ve watched it closely.  I’ve even seen a single miner jump on with greater hash rate than everyone else on the pool combined.  The hash rate at least doubles or triples immediately after a solved block. Also as he said they are gone at 30% even though statistically they could stay as long as 43.5%.  But they leave beforehand so they can do the same things to more other pools. Examine the block chain and see how many pools they are getting funds from.  However, many obfuscate further using multiple wallets I’m sure.  I’m glad to see noobpool’s oversight. It’s the only chance PPS has to function as intended.  It’s a good thing to decentralize some hash rate to a well run smaller pool.  No complaints by me  so far.  Hopefully stays that way. 
JoepMeloen

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:16:51 AM

The pool hoppers I am talking about are the people who jump on the instant we hit a block with hash power equal the the amount of the rest of the pool combined, stay till 30% variance and leave.  They always leave at exactly 30% and always jump on as soon as a block is hit.  Those are the ones who we have stopped, and some have noticed and removed us from their bot list, others still continue to do it because it's all run by bots and they never actually check to see if they are making anything or not.

People who only mine part time are not considered pool hoppers.  Just the ones like I described.

Do you filter out the hoppers that jump at that 30%, or also the ones that stay a bit longer?. In other words how and by what rules do you determan when a hopper is a hopper.
And how much are they being "taxed"?  Maby its an idea to show it in the stats how much they have been taxed for.? Could work as a warning to keep them away.

(sorry for my English, its a bit rusty).
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 04:28:39 PM

Do you filter out the hoppers that jump at that 30%, or also the ones that stay a bit longer?. In other words how and by what rules do you determan when a hopper is a hopper.
And how much are they being "taxed"?  Maby its an idea to show it in the stats how much they have been taxed for.? Could work as a warning to keep them away.

(sorry for my English, its a bit rusty).

It's pretty easy to tell who the hoppers are.  As soon as we hit a block and suddenly we have 2-3 people jump in with big hash rates, then leave the instant we hit 30%, pretty clear it's a hopper.  The script doesn't try to autodetect hoppers and add them, we watch the pool close and when we see a pattern of it, then they are manually added to the script.  For people who jump on later, or stay longer, they don't get listed.  Since they always leave at 30%, they get a 70% tax which is given to the rest of the people mining automatically.  If a hopper from the list jumps on, every 2 minutes they get taxed so that if we hit a fast block they don't take all the reward.  The script also keeps track of how much they have mined so we don't take more than 70% of their total amount mined. 

noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 02:33:59 PM

Despite the recent negative reviews, the pool continues to grow, average hash rate between 20-25gh and around 180 miners on ETH.  ETC has dropped a lot since the fork, but still chugging along.  Soon to add Decred for dual mining.

As far as the negative things that have been said recently, it's all due to the fact that the pool keeps transaction fees and charges 0% pool fee.  Some people see the transaction fees as a type of pool fee and feel it's dishonest to say there is a 0% pool fee.  However since the fork, transaction fees are much less and the average is below 1% of the total reward.  No pool can run 100% free, there are costs to cover and maintain the pool. 

If you dig around other pools you will see a large amount of them that keep transaction fees, some keep transaction fees and charge a pool fee on top of that.  Others hide their fees, and even some that charge fees and keep all uncle rewards.  This pool is 100% transparent and you can view all blocks, rewards, how much the pool makes, etc.  And our home page clearly states at the top, in big bold letters, that the pool keeps transaction fees, which on uncles is nothing, and most blocks range from a few cents to a few dollars.  As an example, yesterday we found 3 blocks which came out to around $2700usd worth of eth.  Of that the pool made about $20, the rest all went to the miners.

So if you want to be part of a good community with an always active chat channel full of very helpful people, a pool that is PROP yet has no pool hoppers, although they are welcome because we have an anti hopper script that will take a % of their shares and give them to everyone else, and a pretty good luck variance, feel free to come join us.  However, if you want to be a small fish in a giant pond of thousands of bigger fish where you pay higher fees, no support, and no one to talk to, that's your choice.

And don't worry about being seen as a pool hopper if you're just a part time miner, or you actually hop around to different pools.  The hoppers I'm talking about are the bot using people who only hop on the instant we hit a block and leave by 30% variance.  And anything under 1GH isn't even looked at anyway.  We welcome part time miners and people new to mining.  Afterall, it is called noobpool.com

badream

Activity: 291
Merit: 155

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:58:25 AM

noobquestion for noobpool:

why blocks are now 3 eth instead of 5?

p.s. i'm a part time miner, i only mine in the evenings Cheesy

dirtriderdan

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:07:12 AM

That has nothing to do with this pool and everything to do with the Byzantium hard fork.  Notice also the blocks are solved faster. 

https://blog.ethereum.org/2017/10/12/byzantium-hf-announcement/
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 08:01:47 PM

p.s. i'm a part time miner, i only mine in the evenings Cheesy

Yep, all blocks on all pools are 3eth now since the fork. 

JoepMeloen

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:52:49 PM

I want to buy soms hp on nicehash.its poolverifier says noobpool is not suitable.

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqb3

What to do.
noobpool (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 11:53:22 PM

I want to buy soms hp on nicehash.its poolverifier says noobpool is not suitable.

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqb3

What to do.

People use NH with the pool all the time.  Just make sure you set the password as #. 

dirtriderdan

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:46:06 AM

Seriously bad luck this past week but not bailing yet and even throwing a bit more at it.  Glad all those other > 1 GH/s miners who jumped off real early should be getting taxed. 
dirtriderdan

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:00:05 AM

Well we finally got over the hump but a 150-170 GH/s single miner is now tearing it up.  Nothing like a single miner adding 8x the hashrate of the whole pool.  Curious the payouts don't reflect a tax.  Is it because that miner stayed past 30%?  If so just curious why 30% was chosen as the cut off point if the white paper on the subject matter says 43.5% is the magic number?
dirtriderdan

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:53:38 PM

Current Round Variance: 102%.  The miner with 170 GH dropped down to a minuscule 60 MH sometime between the 30%-45% variance (wasn't watching exactly when he dropped).  So he technically has 59% of round share right now and also has technically continued mining the whole block.  Did this miner find the loop hole and is he circumventing the "tax"?  Not complaining.  Just observing and being transparent.  I think miners on the pool would like to know.
n0fx

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:14:21 AM

Has anyone have any issues connected to this pool today?  I was on it fine earlier and my rig rebooted now I get an error stating socket was remotely closed by the pool.  Both of my rigs aren't connected with error messages for both.

dirtriderdan

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:14:52 AM

No connection issues here
BivxiuDavi

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:57:10 PM

Can anyone connect to this pool today? I got "dip error" or some thing.I dont know what happen here. I will try again tomorrow for more info.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: