Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:45:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin valuations on 1st of August?  (Read 811 times)
lukaexpl (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:52:02 AM

I have diversified a small part of my BTC holdings into Altcoins. Never bought them with fiat so not really concerned about fiat/Altcoins price variations.

So far it has increased in value (relative to BTC) thanks mostly to ETH price rise.

What is your view on altcoin values on 1st of August (possible BTC fork):

1. Altcoins will drop significantly because BTC will soar - thus I should go back to BTC before 1st of August
2. Altocins are ducklings that follow the mother duck and their relationship to BTC will remain constant no matter where the BTC price is heading - thus I should do nothing
3. Altcoins will increase significantly because everyone will dump BTC in fear - thus I should convert as much of my BTC to most stable Altcoins

Please discuss. Thanks
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
medsi2

Activity: 502
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:42:34 AM

Personally I'm doing 2.

You could try to short altcoins but in my opinion it depends on your strategy.

For example I have a "long term" mindset, so if you invested in a real project with a clear aim, why should you risk to short? just wait months/years and see Smiley

By the way I think most of the altcoins will dump a little more before 1st August.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
sezyumx

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Sandblock - Customer satisfaction on blockchain

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:56:50 AM

Through August 1, then markets will be relieved .

Mesauloe

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:04:39 AM

For me that is 3, people will probably panic, but to be sure just wait a bit longer, doing anything now would be too early.
yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:35:15 AM

My choice is first one. I believe people will keep trusting bitcoin after all these years.
Altcoins will drop and people will leave for btc expectations. But it wont long last cause btc is not profitable coin anymore. (it is but it doesnt make you 10x I mean)

Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:43:51 AM

SegWit will be the ultimate case of buying the hype and selling the news.  By the time it actually happens, people will hardly care.

I think crypto is heading for a bear market anyway.  It won't be too much longer now, and they'll all move together (but BTC will drop a bit less, because all the rest are like Bitcoin's movements x 10).
daniel244king

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

ALTCOIN KING

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:45:38 AM

Anyone can open up the Wall Street Journal and see all of the thousands of stocks listed within its pages.   You will also find that all of them have significant value despite the popularity of APPLE and MICROSOFT and GOOGLE (ALPHABET CORP).

Altcoins are the "Stocks" of the new millennium, and like the stocks on wall street most altcoins WILL have significant value in the future.

Why?  Like most penny stocks they will eventually get bought out by larger holding companies, taken control of, then upgraded with new features or made into collectibles.

BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE THEY WILL ALL HAVE VALUE - EVERY SINGLE ONE!

THE KING OF COINS
daniel244king

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

ALTCOIN KING

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:48:37 AM

I reccomend FOOTYCASH (FOOT) on Cryptopia.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=FOOT_BTC#

Why?

Quote from: 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1691917.640

I think FOOTY CASH is the best investment for 2017

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=FOOT_BTC#

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374929.0

Here is why FOOT is the best investment for 2017:

1. Coinmarketcap lists less than 900 altcoins total.

Considering all the coins listed on Coinmarketcap, only a small percentage have less than 4 million total coins.  Most have more than 100 million coins.  Some go as high as 100 billion coins.  FOOTY has less than 4 million coins total.

2. All of the coins that have less than 7 million (including DASH and TORCOIN) with the exception of DREAMCOIN and FOOTY, ALL of them are worth more than $2.00 USD.
 FOOTY is currently undergoing a price correction; which is why the price is skyrocketing right now.  Dreamcoin is on a bad exchange which is affecting the coin's valuation.

3. Fantasy Sports is a multi-billion dollar industry in the tens of billions of dollars annually.  Fantasy Football alone commands over 10 billion in annual revenue.

4. FOOTY CASH is the FIRST cryptocurrency solely dedicated to FANTASY SPORTS -  Its the BITCOIN of Fantasy Sports.

5. FOOTY's value has skyrocketed in the past few days as more and more people become aware of the coin. FOOTY has gone up more than 5000% in the past 48 hours alone.  Smart investors know a good altcoin when they see one; we are not stupid inexperienced investors, All the people currently buying FOOTY are not stupid either.  Please don't insult our intelligence!

6. FOOTY has a very good dev and a good community with support behind him.

7. I guarantee FOOTY's value will go PAST $4.00 USD in the short-term - especially since cryptocurrencies as a whole are skyrocketing in value worldwide!

THE KING OF COINS
kriptom

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:04:31 AM

It fell to $ 95 billion market cap with sales of panic . After 1 August, the markets will be relieved.
redhack
Legendary

Activity: 1858
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:46:23 PM

Nothing will happen in 1 August except we get to see new month. It's not a special date. Altcoins will probably stay in their own lane, we usually don't see any action in summers. This year is not different than others.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: