Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:30:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFGminer Solo Raspberry Pi 3 Setup?  (Read 2532 times)
ukoa (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:50:20 PM

First a little history.
When I first discovered Bitcoin I ran an app called Bitcoin Miner on Windows 10. Extremely basic using my Nvidia card. About 150 Kh/s. They would deposit my earnings once a week into my wallet. It's was actually a few cents. Can't remember exactly.
So I bought a Raspberry Pi 3 and 4 ASIC Miners and joined Slushpool.
I'm mining at about 2.9 Gh/s and I'm not making jack crap. Not even a penny a week.

I have Googled the hell out of it and I can not find exact instructions on how to set up bfgminer to solo mine.
Was I solo mining using the Bitcoin Miner app from the Windows Store? Why was that more profitable?
Does anyone have basic instructions to set up bfgminer for solo mining?

Yes, I'm very new to this and I know I will probably never see much money but it's a fun hobby.
I look at it like tossing coins into a digital change jar here and there. I'm just not making any coins right now..

Thanks for any info!
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 07:25:30 PM

Your hashrate is way too small, even for solo mining.
We are talking terahash scale of mining today.

Please see existing threads, especially sticked ones https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1944976.0

ukoa (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:08:54 PM

Your hashrate is way too small, even for solo mining.
We are talking terahash scale of mining today.

Please see existing threads, especially sticked ones https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1944976.0

Thank you for the link but it didn't answer my questions.
Do I really need to invest $500 - $1000 in hardcore equipment to make anything? Anything at all?
I'm not looking to make 1 bitcoin next week. Just a little change here and there.

Why was I making more money using Windows Bitcoin Miner app than I am with a real setup?
I also use a couple free bitcoin faucets online where that give out free bitcoin for clicking a link every hour. I make around 80 cents every couple weeks. I make more doing that than mining it myself.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 09:25:40 PM

Well if it is just for fun and hobby, then you could buy some Gekkoscience sticks or Gekkoscience pods (coming soon).
See this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1718358.0

ukoa (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:33:47 PM

Well if it is just for fun and hobby, then you could buy some Gekkoscience sticks or Gekkoscience pods (coming soon).
See this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1718358.0

Nice! Thank you for that link. I'm having a hard time finding decent stick miners.
Sileni

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:22:55 PM

There just aren't any decent stick miners. The Gekko sticks come closest, but they're still never going to give you a meaningful return. Best to wait for the next set of stick miners that come out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: