Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:00:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: India's btc price speculation thread !!  (Read 2101 times)
axorb (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:10:35 AM

So what do Indian miners , sellers , buyers etc. feel about the recent slump in price . Where is the price headed too ? Was the $250 the peak that bitcoin achieved ?
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 09:42:15 AM

$110-$120 for the next 48 hours .   Roll Eyes

$1 in the next 1 hour Cheesy

rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 05:12:13 AM

Prices have seen almost no movement for 2 days.
Some big move is coming.
Bearish maybe, not sure ?
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 05:43:56 AM

Prices have seen almost no movement for 2 days.
Some big move is coming.
Bearish maybe, not sure ?

Coinbase funding did not seem to do much to prices.
Looks like this may stay stable or drop until the Coinlab issues are sorted out.

That is speculation of course.

Unless FB does an implement, we know that they have been attending conferences, etc.

Or something else that comes into the picture, selling something that people really need.

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 08:29:29 AM

IMHO Bitcoin is just a bit overpriced at the moment and its due for a small correction.

BUT

Such inactivity and low volume generally tends to a strong, slow long term rally. But this is speculation and you know that.

I dont think Bitcoin is some special currency or magic. It is also bound to demand and supply rules of economics. The tricky part is almost everyone is convinced that Bitcoin value will be high and high and high due to the limited supply and value it offers. This adds a real new perspective to existing economics view. Most of people who can afford to hoard will hoard bitcoins and will keep collecting them.

The only strategy that should work is buying at regular intervals to average out your investment price. In long term it should go high and in short term it will be volatile. Day trade only if you know what you are doing Smiley

Cheers

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 04:45:57 AM

still pegged at $115-118.. for the past 48 hours  Sad

Weekend lull

drdanishkhan

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:33:09 AM

Markets have such low volumes.. i think bitcoin is getting stable now.. although this week was the week of international bank holidays across the world.. come Monday and we might just see the volatility back on.. i seriosly hope the much awaited dump comes and it rains cheap coins again..

BTC tip jar 1LrwjfQ41DA9u8PLcQBLp7CueoWotdKshq
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 05:49:23 AM

Markets have such low volumes.. i think bitcoin is getting stable now.. although this week was the week of international bank holidays across the world.. come Monday and we might just see the volatility back on.. i seriosly hope the much awaited dump comes and it rains cheap coins again..

I have not yet seen the impact from the Coinbase funding and the GYFT announcement.
I assume that will be seen this coming week.

drdanishkhan

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:54:47 AM

I dont think the coinbase had any major effect.. also the china hype failed to drive the prices up.. i think the era of volatility base on news and hypes is nearing end.. only the pump and dump seems to be working.. supernodes now control the market and thats just sad..

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 05:57:29 AM

I dont think the coinbase had any major effect.. also the china hype failed to drive the prices up.. i think the era of volatility base on news and hypes is nearing end.. only the pump and dump seems to be working.. supernodes now control the market and thats just sad..

Coinbase has not yet announced a project outcome from the funding. I am sure that 5mil funding will cause a market cap increase of atleast 50 - 500 mil.

LTC may survive, but the rest are dooooomed. lol

Or...

Once the difficulty of alt cryptos drops because miners leave, others may jump in and start promoting their alt coin investment.

drdanishkhan

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:04:15 AM

i think human psychology is also playing a large role here.. most of the gpu miners have started mining alt coins. ASICS delivery have started and are driving difficulty exponentially.. DDOS attacks are less publicised now.. people have brains and understand pump and dump schemes as they happen..  even gox is trying to get better and hopefully better exchanges are coming up in the near future.. but every body is still looking for a major correction and drop of prices below 100 so that they can buy in.. maybe thats why the volumes are low and the reason prices are getting stable.. Future seems bullish but right now i think the bears are winning..

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 06:09:55 AM

i think human psychology is also playing a large role here.. most of the gpu miners have started mining alt coins. ASICS delivery have started and are driving prices exponentially.. DDOS attacks are less publicised now.. even gox is trying to get better and better exchanges are coming up in the near future.. but every body is still looking for one major correction and drop of prices below 100.. maybe thats why the volumes are low and the prices are getting stable.. Future seems bullish.. right now i think the bears are winning..

Yeah, I agree with the drop below 100.
Based on my previous calculation $48 was the low, adjusted over the last 5 months, it should be roughly a floor price of 78-85 USD today.

Am not as worried about DDOS'rs as I am about pump and dumps. They really cause problems.

I wonder how India would react if a major exchange like Gox came into play. Especially with the DDOS's and pumps.

drdanishkhan

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:58:35 AM

D&P will continue as long as supernodes are there so one cant realy do anything about it.. Another exchange most prob will take a trade chunks out of  mtgox so prices wont be swinging as bad as it happens now when a Dump and pump happens.. Its a much needed infrastructure right now.. but itas also quite difficult to set up as it happened here with bitocean.. RBI really makes it tough for bitcoin to prosper large scale..

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 07:08:12 AM

And if we set aside regulation? Then how would indian consumers react if a major exchange was to gain entry into India?

drdanishkhan

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:16:44 AM

Keeping aside regulations i think bitcoin is gaining recognition.. i told many friends of mine but the only thing keeping them from investing or taking it seriously is the fact that evrythings in USD ie Mtgox and the prices are just too damn volatile.. but if an exchange does open up in india and it recieves  as much recognition as mtgox then i dont see any reason why the majority wont accept it..
Bitcoin in india is still a budding topic but if some infrastructure does pop up peope are indeed going to recognize and get curious.. i feel we indians are very curious people.. and when profits can be made we dont generally lag behind  Tongue

PS. PPP is increasing in india and we are quite a large population ..

subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:26:44 AM

Keeping aside regulations i think bitcoin is gaining recognition.. i told many friends of mine but the only thing keeping them from investing or taking it seriously is the fact that evrythings in USD ie Mtgox and the prices are just too damn volatile.. but if an exchange does open up in india and it recieves  as much recognition as mtgox then i dont see any reason why the majority wont accept it..
Bitcoin in india is still a budding topic but if some infrastructure does pop up peope are indeed going to recognize and get curious.. i feel we indians are very curious people.. and when profits can be made we dont generally lag behind  Tongue

drdanishkhan i  know what you  are  talking about  with  newer  people  trying to  enter the  bitcoin  community . they  find it  hard to  go  through that  barrier  of  purchase ,  when  every thing is   quoted  in USD and  gox+10% it  make  it  highly  consumer unfriendly. one  was to make  it  more  acceptable  is  sellers  jus  start  quoting   the actual amount in INR .  but  when i proposed  that it looked  like every  one  want to   put  that idea  down. sellers  thinking  it  will  not  allow  them  to  control  price.

The  system  we  use in india  needs  to change  making it  friendly , simple and  far  more  consumer  friendly.

drdanishkhan please  do  talk  more  about  bitcoin  to  your  friends and  help them  know  more  about  the coins  the more  we  talk  the more  we  are  able to  grow the  community.   
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 10:30:10 AM

Keeping aside regulations i think bitcoin is gaining recognition.. i told many friends of mine but the only thing keeping them from investing or taking it seriously is the fact that evrythings in USD ie Mtgox and the prices are just too damn volatile.. but if an exchange does open up in india and it recieves  as much recognition as mtgox then i dont see any reason why the majority wont accept it..
Bitcoin in india is still a budding topic but if some infrastructure does pop up peope are indeed going to recognize and get curious.. i feel we indians are very curious people.. and when profits can be made we dont generally lag behind  Tongue

agreed. infrastructure and web presence is a must.

PPP???

drdanishkhan

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:35:18 AM

Purchasing Power Parity

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 10:47:08 AM

Purchasing Power Parity

yep, very true..

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 07:28:42 PM

118 breached , my predictions are to reach upto $125 in the next 72 hours.

17th of May is the Bitcoin Conference.

It will be interesting to see how the market reacts to some new announcements, etc.

May be a parameter to speculate on for the coming week.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: