Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:44:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Release dates for "mining" specific GPU cards?  (Read 677 times)
JCowey34 (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:42:28 PM

I can't find any release dates for the new mining specific cards coming out from Asus & Nvidia.  Hoping you guys might have the inside scoop?  Appreciate the info!
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:52:53 PM

I can't find any release dates for the new mining specific cards coming out from Asus & Nvidia.  Hoping you guys might have the inside scoop?  Appreciate the info!

This topic should be moved to Altcoin Mining -

Here is ASUS Switzerland response:
ASUS MINING GTX 1060 will not be delivered in european markets.
MINING RX470-4G will be sold in Switzerland (date unknown), yet not over retailers and only in quantities 50+

Just my opinion but I think that those mining graphic cards will be available at the end of this year.
JCowey34 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:20:57 PM

Thanks... So in the meantime I'll stick with AMD.
JungleOnion

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 02:25:37 AM

This is all we have from Asus:
https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/MINING-P106-6G/overview/
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:31:24 AM

I would like to ask this thing on mining-specific graphic cards from those companies,looking for insider but it seems no one is here could able to say the exact date but just as they announce it would really be on this year, no exact date have been mentioned which we would really need to wait on those timefram thats why i do save some money for those GPU.

Those companies already sees some target buyers on that product and they can make money out of it since we know there are lots of mining enthusiast here on cryptoworld.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:35:46 AM

They are already available for sale in Eastern Europe and China..... Newegg had some for sale in the USA a few days ago too, but they were limited to 1 per customer and I think sold out pretty fast.

Here's a link to a Romanian site that's taking pre-orders on them.... minimum amount of 100 GPUs, lower prices for 500 and 1000 (yikes!) - delivery in 50 days.... it might sound fishy but that is a legit site, so I believe that they have the contacts to get huge quantities by the end of summer.

http://www.pcgarage.ro/placi-video-mining/msi/geforce-gtx-1060-miner-edition-6gb-ddr5-192-bit-100pcs/
JCowey34 (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:08:48 PM

Based off the listed specs are these going to be worth the price?  Or are these "mining" cards just a gimmick for these companies to profit off of?
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:29:05 PM

They are available NOW, at least in china.

These cards are for serious farm owners, it is their answer to the shortage.

They don't want low volume customers.

And once the market is saturated and mining isn't that profitable they wont produce these anymore I assume, AND these cards will have 0 value to anyone but a miner.

JCowey34 (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:33:58 PM

And once the market is saturated and mining isn't that profitable they wont produce these anymore I assume, AND these cards will have 0 value to anyone but a miner.

I read that one of the ASUS cards will be available to the general public.  Not sure about the ones that are currently out or the NVIDIA cards.  Yeah, I read that the resell value won't be as good because you won't be able to sell on the gamer after market.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:35:44 PM

I read that one of the ASUS cards will be available to the general public.  Not sure about the ones that are currently out or the NVIDIA cards.  Yeah, I read that the resell value won't be as good because you won't be able to sell on the gamer after market.
Even if they are available to us normal folks, the cards will sell out in a couple seconds on most sites anyways if the price is halfway decent. Resale isn't good, but on the cards that at least have DVI they can still be used. Haven't seen one with Display port yet, which is probably a deal breaker for any potential gamer in the future.
JCowey34 (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:41:15 PM

I read that one of the ASUS cards will be available to the general public.  Not sure about the ones that are currently out or the NVIDIA cards.  Yeah, I read that the resell value won't be as good because you won't be able to sell on the gamer after market.
Even if they are available to us normal folks, the cards will sell out in a couple seconds on most sites anyways if the price is halfway decent. Resale isn't good, but on the cards that at least have DVI they can still be used. Haven't seen one with Display port yet, which is probably a deal breaker for any potential gamer in the future.

Appreciate the info!  I'll probably just stick with the AMD's.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: