Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase closed my account  (Read 2134 times)
JCowey34

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:07:36 PM

Okay so stay TF away from Coinbase.  Got it.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 05:17:51 PM

Express written consent and approval from Coinbase must be obtained prior to using Coinbase Services for the following categories of business and/or use ("Conditional Uses"). Consent may be requested by contacting support@coinbase.com. Coinbase may also require you to agree to additional conditions, make supplemental representations and warranties, complete enhanced on-boarding procedures, and operate subject to restrictions if you use Coinbase Services in connection with any of following businesses, activities, or practices:

Money Services: Money transmitters, Digital Currency transmitters; currency or Digital Currency exchanges or dealers; gift cards; prepaid cards; sale of in-game currency unless the merchant is the operator of the virtual world; act as a payment intermediary or aggregator or otherwise resell any of the Coinbase Services

That is definitely the clause that sardasa touched on. Though to be honest i've been using coinbase to trade for some skrill funds and whatnot as well, but just not on a commercial basis. It's purely for personal use. And who reads the T&Cs anyways? I guess coinbase wants everyone to go through its actual exchange instead of going to an e-exchanger.

@sardasa, was your coinbase account verified? If yes, that means that you won't be able to open another verified account... Bummer.

I wonder if they have some sort of limit before your account is automatically tagged for investigation. I haven't actually heard any of my not so rich friends get their coinbase account closed.
Yes, it was verified. I am not even planning to open another account. There are many other online wallets right now providing better service than coinbase.
I opened this coinbase account in August 2015 when they were offering $75 worth of BTC for free when someone used to buy $100 worth of BTC or more.
I got this $75 worth of BTC for free and never switched from coinbase until this happened.

Funniest part: This is the response I got from their support today: http://prntscr.com/fqnup4
I think the new responds from coinbase asking to use your email that you actually using connected in coinbase..
Are you changing your email before this happen?
If not they are doing fraudulent about their service. Many people are actually having problem about freezing account or block account but most of them are totally blocked and never recover their bitcoins.. They should give back your bitcoins if your coins still there even they closed your account.
I have account there but never experience this yet but i don't want to experience this thing because sometimes i'm using their service to gamble before since i experience many issue like pending transaction that it takes too much time before they can reply and the site always unavailable i decided to use electrum and multi HD for alternative use.. It is not safe for now to use their service since they are not also giving chance to get the private keys of every bitcoin address there possible that our bitcoin is in risk..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 07:55:08 PM

-snip-
If not they are doing fraudulent about their service. Many people are actually having problem about freezing account or block account but most of them are totally blocked and never recover their bitcoins.. They should give back your bitcoins if your coins still there even they closed your account.

I don't think there are "many" users whose balance were also blocked. They may block your accounts, but your funds can be withdrawn. "Freezing" your funds only happens very rarely. Please post evidence to back your claim if I am wrong!

I have account there but never experience this yet but i don't want to experience this thing because sometimes i'm using their service to gamble before since i experience many issue like pending transaction that it takes too much time before they can reply and the site always unavailable i decided to use electrum and multi HD for alternative use.. It is not safe for now to use their service since they are not also giving chance to get the private keys of every bitcoin address there possible that our bitcoin is in risk..

I would rather see Coinbase as an exchange than as a wallet.

sardasa (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 07:02:59 PM

Express written consent and approval from Coinbase must be obtained prior to using Coinbase Services for the following categories of business and/or use ("Conditional Uses"). Consent may be requested by contacting support@coinbase.com. Coinbase may also require you to agree to additional conditions, make supplemental representations and warranties, complete enhanced on-boarding procedures, and operate subject to restrictions if you use Coinbase Services in connection with any of following businesses, activities, or practices:

Money Services: Money transmitters, Digital Currency transmitters; currency or Digital Currency exchanges or dealers; gift cards; prepaid cards; sale of in-game currency unless the merchant is the operator of the virtual world; act as a payment intermediary or aggregator or otherwise resell any of the Coinbase Services

That is definitely the clause that sardasa touched on. Though to be honest i've been using coinbase to trade for some skrill funds and whatnot as well, but just not on a commercial basis. It's purely for personal use. And who reads the T&Cs anyways? I guess coinbase wants everyone to go through its actual exchange instead of going to an e-exchanger.

@sardasa, was your coinbase account verified? If yes, that means that you won't be able to open another verified account... Bummer.

I wonder if they have some sort of limit before your account is automatically tagged for investigation. I haven't actually heard any of my not so rich friends get their coinbase account closed.
Yes, it was verified. I am not even planning to open another account. There are many other online wallets right now providing better service than coinbase.
I opened this coinbase account in August 2015 when they were offering $75 worth of BTC for free when someone used to buy $100 worth of BTC or more.
I got this $75 worth of BTC for free and never switched from coinbase until this happened.

Funniest part: This is the response I got from their support today: http://prntscr.com/fqnup4
I think the new responds from coinbase asking to use your email that you actually using connected in coinbase..
I used the same e-mail id which was linked to my account.
After they asked me to close the account, I closed it.

After closing the account, I asked them the reason for asking me to close the account and then they told me that they don't find my e-mail id in their system.

BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2017, 07:47:58 PM

Well, I just wanted to thank you for posting this; I have transferred my small amount of funds (I just found) from my coinbase account. And I also found the app on my phone that required an update, and when I logged in, it was into another account I had set up from my phone with another 0.1BTC in it. Your bringing this to my attention has turned out good for me lol

Soooo, sardasa, which wallet service are you using now? I've imported my keys into Blockchain, personally... You?

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:12:25 AM

Well, I just wanted to thank you for posting this; I have transferred my small amount of funds (I just found) from my coinbase account. And I also found the app on my phone that required an update, and when I logged in, it was into another account I had set up from my phone with another 0.1BTC in it. Your bringing this to my attention has turned out good for me lol

Soooo, sardasa, which wallet service are you using now? I've imported my keys into Blockchain, personally... You?

I'm interested in knowing this as well. Sardasa said that he had a lot of alternatives to choose from, from my experience though coinbase is probably still the easiest to use, although it might not be the most competitive in pricing. If you are only storing bitcoin then use blockchain.info, but if you have some USD as well then probably circle.

I used the same e-mail id which was linked to my account.
After they asked me to close the account, I closed it.

After closing the account, I asked them the reason for asking me to close the account and then they told me that they don't find my e-mail id in their system.

Lol! I guess they alerady deleted your account so even the support people couldn't access it.

There has been a lot of occurances of coinbase blocking accounts, obviously. But i haven't heard of any cases of coinbase confiscating the bitcoins, every time they allow you to withdraw it. Unless there is a court order ruled against your favour.

Smiley
sardasa (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:10:35 AM

There are 'n' number of exchanges & apps which can be used to keep bitcoin now.
You can chose whichever you want based on your requirements.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: