Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:39:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about fiat converting into satoshi.  (Read 323 times)
wittaz (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:15:04 PM

I have been using the Blockfolio app for Android, a portfolio app where you can see all your coins, holdings etc.
But most coins I have bought them with fiat money, so I do not know what the initial price in bitcoin/satoshi is worth.
The app only lets you enter satoshi amount. If you enter your amount in USD or EUR, you have about 1million growth or loss Smiley

For example:
I bought 7500x Dogecoin for a total amount of 11,05 EUR. That means 1 Dogecoin is 0,0014733 EUR.
I bought 10000 x Reddcoin for a total amount of 18,81 EUR. Theat means 1 Reddcoin is 0,0018810 EUR.

How exactly can I know what the initial price is in satoshi? How much is 1 Dogecoin (0,0014733 EUR) in satoshi? And will this conversion be accurate?
I have all my coins in a selfmade Excel file but yeah, it doesn't show my increase or decrease percentage Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:28:33 PM

I have been using the Blockfolio app for Android, a portfolio app where you can see all your coins, holdings etc.
But most coins I have bought them with fiat money, so I do not know what the initial price in bitcoin/satoshi is worth.
The app only lets you enter satoshi amount. If you enter your amount in USD or EUR, you have about 1million growth or loss Smiley

For example:
I bought 7500x Dogecoin for a total amount of 11,05 EUR. That means 1 Dogecoin is 0,0014733 EUR.
I bought 10000 x Reddcoin for a total amount of 18,81 EUR. Theat means 1 Reddcoin is 0,0018810 EUR.

How exactly can I know what the initial price is in satoshi? How much is 1 Dogecoin (0,0014733 EUR) in satoshi? And will this conversion be accurate?
I have all my coins in a selfmade Excel file but yeah, it doesn't show my increase or decrease percentage Smiley

i suggest you to use this powerfull fsite to get the price ratio on the main Exchange and the main FIAT currencies..
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dogecoin/
choose your AltCoin.. then choose the FIAT coin...
enjoy :-)

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
wittaz (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:06:34 PM

I found a good calculator: http://www.btcsatoshi.com/
Although, it is not 100% accurate because of the different buy prices from different exchanges, it is pretty close.
For example, 0,0043218 EUR is 169 sat.
0,0011630 EUR is 51 sat.

I'm converting every EUR amount right now into sat and then I'll add them to the app.
Thanks  Smiley
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 03:09:07 PM

I think the two people who have responded thus far have not provided then answer you need. While market cap and currency conversion sites are valuable, wha the OP is looking for is historical prices of various crypto currencies.

Use this site http://www.cryptocurrencychart.com/ to find the historical prices from the date you bought the currencies. You'll need to know the date you made the purchase and which currency you used to buy the crypto currency.

Finally, you'll need to track this on a spreadsheet (or on your own). I could provide a template. I'm not aware of an app that will allow you to do this but I'm sure you could find one. Coinbase, for example, will show what your coin is worth in your local currency at the time that it was deposited into your wallet but they don't have any reports or summarization features.
wittaz (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:02:00 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2017, 07:25:15 AM by wittaz

I think the two people who have responded thus far have not provided then answer you need. While market cap and currency conversion sites are valuable, wha the OP is looking for is historical prices of various crypto currencies.

Use this site http://www.cryptocurrencychart.com/ to find the historical prices from the date you bought the currencies. You'll need to know the date you made the purchase and which currency you used to buy the crypto currency.

Finally, you'll need to track this on a spreadsheet (or on your own). I could provide a template. I'm not aware of an app that will allow you to do this but I'm sure you could find one. Coinbase, for example, will show what your coin is worth in your local currency at the time that it was deposited into your wallet but they don't have any reports or summarization features.
If you could provide a template that would be great, thanks.

I used http://www.btcsatoshi.com/ (see reply above) to convert the buy prices into satoshi but it kinda changes every day. Depends how much EUR/USD is 1 BTC.
(1 Myriadcoin was 76 sat yesterday, now 78 sat)

The site gives me an idea what the price in satoshi is, although not 100% accurate, I guess it does the job. Doesn't really matter that much I guess.
Let say I bought coins for a total of 500 EUR, when converted to satoshi and manually added into the Blockfolio app, it's only off by 20-30 EUR.

EDIT: actually there is a big difference in satoshi every day.  Sad
So I would need to be 100% sure what the price in satoshi is. Doesn't matter for small amounts but when I bought coins for 1000 EUR it could be off about 500 EUR  Shocked

Here's a picture of my current spreadsheet: http://imgur.com/BWpvEpv
it shows the price for 1 coin, the total amount of coins bought and the total price in EUR.

wittaz (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 11:18:40 AM

Also, for example, I added my Myriadcoin purchases into the Blockfolio app by first converting my EUR price to satoshi at a random time.

Blockfolio tells me I hold (my net cost) 763,22 EUR.
While my own spreadsheet says 847 EUR.
The info in my spreadsheet is 100% correct.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: