Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:05:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Order on amazon  (Read 482 times)
dazbog835 (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:23:15 PM

I'm a newbie so be gentle Smiley

I ordered parts on amazon (had a gift certificate I could use). The GPUs are supposed to be dispatched in 2 weeks. Was just curious if this will actually happen or will they be out of stock by then. I know that there's a short supply these days. Should I look for an alternative way of buying GPUs, and if so, where?
couture

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:18:33 PM

You'll note that all vendors of graphics cards will have expected dates.. but you'll get to the date and it will move to a new expected date

This is because this manufacturers of the gpus are unable to provide a large batch for a few more months so they are sending out small batches here and there when they can

Each vendor is advised of the next mini-batch date but only some of the vendors actually receive a batch

Right now you'll have to just wait it out for an unknown period of time or invest elsewhere I'm afraid

dazbog835 (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 09:36:23 PM

so the answer is I will never get my GPUs? hmmm, wish I wouldn't have ordered the rest of my components...
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 10:07:38 PM

so the answer is I will never get my GPUs? hmmm, wish I wouldn't have ordered the rest of my components...
No, the date is a placeholder and you will get your GPU but they probably don't know when it arrives either, like the guy above said, you'll just have to wait until it arrives.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: