Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:53:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should long term holders sell before August 1st?  (Read 4845 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:47:27 PM

If there is a sharp spike occurring before August 1 (i.e BTC over $5,000 per coin), then the users can consider converting a part of their BTC holdings to fiat. A correction is likely to follow, and they can buy back their coins at a lower rate.

I will be the one to sell it first when I see the price at this rate. But if there's no movement I will likely going to keep on holding. I want to keep my bitcoins until the price gets higher. I have high expectation for now but I know it's better not to follow that expectation because there's a chance that I can miss a lot of increase.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:56:06 AM

If there is a sharp spike occurring before August 1 (i.e BTC over $5,000 per coin), then the users can consider converting a part of their BTC holdings to fiat. A correction is likely to follow, and they can buy back their coins at a lower rate.
No. Every now and then bitcon proposal to improve the system of called bitcoin improvement proposals-BIP are presented. On august 1 BIP148 will be presented and some speculate may be forced to be implemented.

Some people who do not completely understand this are just confusing this with a big change and making the bitcoin holders afraid of august 1st. But if you take necessary precautions which are provided by many people online and are simple to understand you will be far away from getting your bitcoins in trouble.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1337

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:18:37 AM

Being a long term bitcoin holder i am little scared.some people are even saying bitcoin might fall to zero after August 1st.is that even a possibility?should i sell my bitcoins to cashout profits and wait it out? or should i keep holding? i want to hold bitcoin for another 4-5 years.so if the bitcoin prize falls after August 1st which is a very high chance then will it ever recover? what's the safe thing to do?
If you are a true long term holder then there is only one thing you have to do, to keep holding, a lot of what you are hearing is nothing but unfounded FUD people want to create a bear market before segwit activation so their profits are even higher when the pump after segwit activation happens, if I were you I will keep holding no matter what.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:59:36 AM

Being a long term bitcoin holder i am little scared.some people are even saying bitcoin might fall to zero after August 1st.is that even a possibility?should i sell my bitcoins to cashout profits and wait it out? or should i keep holding? i want to hold bitcoin for another 4-5 years.so if the bitcoin prize falls after August 1st which is a very high chance then will it ever recover? what's the safe thing to do?

You said you're a long term holder but it seems you're also a panic seller whose easy to believe into some fud or trollers. Better hold your bitcoin or split them into different offline wallets to prevent of losing some funds. We dont know if this is true but prevention is always better than cure. As August 1 is approaching many are anticipating the success of activation of segwit. Let us all be positive to this.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
Jon Connor

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 03:05:11 AM

Dude you're trolling. You know better than to sell before August 1st. Tryin to buy cheap coins eh?
CrownPolly

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:00:26 PM

Dude you're trolling. You know better than to sell before August 1st. Tryin to buy cheap coins eh?
You are absolutely right, that's what people are starting to create a panic for those who will buy at a cheap price Bitcoin. But I too will take advantage of such moments and will wait for it to boil.

▛ [ CENTRA ] Multi-Blockchain Worldwide Debit Card & Insured Wallet
▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚
▙     FacebookSlackTwitterGithubMediumANN Thread     ▟
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:16:24 PM

You are absolutely right, that's what people are starting to create a panic for those who will buy at a cheap price Bitcoin. But I too will take advantage of such moments and will wait for it to boil.

People aren't so easily to fall for whatever form of trolling or fud. Those that do end up believing that nonsense and start selling as result, are complete noobs. People can spread as much fud as they want, it won't affect the market at all if it isn't coming from the more well known news sources, or any other high level person. Just look at how desperately kwukduck has been trying to convince people that Bitcoin is fundamentally broken -- just look where the market is standing today. Nothing that happens on this forum will ever trigger the price to tank significantly, just forget about people spreading fud to buy cheap coins. This isn't the altcoin section.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:00:12 PM

I think you should to hold your founds. 1st of August doesn't play a role in my suggestion, because i think no matter what is going to happen with bitcoin's price after this date, I am sure that the price will grow higher. Everything because of new trend of bitcoin adoption by countries. This wave is raising and soon many countries will join, there is no doubt tat after such historical moment for all bitcoin's history the price will jump up.
tn211

Activity: 778
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:06:05 AM

Na 1 august is an important date and to be honest I have some of my money in fiat (EUR) and some of my bitcoin on blockchain.info.

This way I can benefit from a price increase but also an fork. Nobody knows what will happen but I hope I can profit either way.
jualidbitmixer

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:03:04 AM

Nah, i think it's impossible to reach $5,000 per coin. Actually i saw some people that afraid this Segwit August 01 will makes the bitcoins price decrease. I'm sure when the day is close to August 01, the market will get a huge spike on the bitcoins price. If you won't take a risk, just sell your coins before it comes.
que91

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:22:12 AM

Nah, i think it's impossible to reach $5,000 per coin. Actually i saw some people that afraid this Segwit August 01 will makes the bitcoins price decrease. I'm sure when the day is close to August 01, the market will get a huge spike on the bitcoins price. If you won't take a risk, just sell your coins before it comes.
If you are a trader or user Bitcoin from 2015, you can remember when August every years the price always drop down in begin the months, I not know the reason make that but this is really 100%. The history can repeat and in present, the price can falldown again after 1st August haha. Be Careful before 1st August
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:36:01 AM

Make sure in advance whether it will actually proven of will be going down about bitcoin price. I think i don't think it will happen. Try consulting with someone who is more experienced and knows a lot about the future of bitcoin or can by finding definite information about the development of bitcoin in the future. Well after you're absolutely sure of it, do your best.
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:40:31 AM

Those who declares that Bitcoin will fall to zero after the August 1st are people who are spreading false information or rumors so that some will panic sell their coins before that day. And once that happens, those trollers will be very happy because they will have the chance to buy more Bitcoin at a lower price. Those are just schemes so do not fall for them.

If you are planning to hold your Bitcoin for another 4-5 years then you do not have anything to worry about. You'll gain more after that.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:10:00 AM

I think OP means Chinese by some people, because they're the ones constantly manipulating every thing crypto related to have their profits.
What ever happens and if it really happens all the Bitcoins are still safe, price however could drop more than 50% but it will rise again when every thing goes as usual, any body saying to dump all of your coins is just trying to damage this currency and is seeking his own profit.
We can't have 2 or more than one BTC that is something every body should be reminded of apparently.

🖤😏
gargouri2001

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:50:24 AM

No, Just hold on Smiley. Decision would be in favor of Bitcoin, but it wouldn't increase overnight. It would take a step back but that would be the time for you to purchase more rather than sell.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:25:33 AM

I think should sell 50% to FIAT or USDT if have profit in past months, hold cryptocurrency until end August (with me end August is the time ending bearish trend) look like as a gamble, risky and can loss more money. Sell 50% and relax with this money, after this event we can comeback Smiley

They should keep their bitcoin after August 1 to get benefit for which they keep that for long.In bitcoin You should keep it for long to get huge profit.From my  point of view, long term bitcoin holder should keep yours bitcoin after August 1.Many will say they should sell before August 1.But you should keep it after August 1

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:48:43 PM

I bet there are only a handful of people something less than 20 long term holders and they are ironically the same tech guys behind the scene of crypto in particular bitcoin, they know very well better than us small or medium holders and actually they're the ones deriving all of this 1st of Aug story just to make us (small/medium holders) to panic and see a dead end for the future of BTC .

Right now when I look at the price charts all I can see is misery and despair, but at the same time I know what awaits crypto's future and then I can see and feel some hope.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 11:00:54 PM

No, you shouldn't sell you bitcoins before 1st August, just hold on to them because you are long term holders. The decision of segwit or whatever will be the decision will only increase the confidence of investors in bitcoin and isn't gonna be against bitcoin.

topper26

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:05:43 PM

My position on bitcoin is long like several decades if there is the grand puba of hodling it's this guy. I am not phased by Aug 1 I think the dust will settle even the week before as mentioned in earlier threads Aug 2 we will find more than likely not a whole lot has changed and then a good bull run towards the rest of the year
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:10:51 PM

No, and strap your monkey ass into your seats,  because after 8/1 we're heading for the moon.   Bitcoin has survived all sorts of adversity in the past and has only grown stronger.   I hate to sound like a cookie cutter sig shit poster, always blowing sunshine up everyone's asses but it's true.  You watch and prepare yourself.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: