Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:21:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should long term holders sell before August 1st?  (Read 4842 times)
Skarner21

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 11:11:26 PM

No, you shouldn't sell you bitcoins before 1st August, just hold on to them because you are long term holders. The decision of segwit or whatever will be the decision will only increase the confidence of investors in bitcoin and isn't gonna be against bitcoin.
We don't know what will happen this coming august 1 and i think there are still confused to me to sell my few bitcoins because here is possibility that the price of bitcoin can down a bit cheap so if the price was down i will buy more bitcoin with cheap price because the price of bitcoin increase after segwit activation it will experience of down but will increase it again back..

Make crypto as your bank.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:52:53 AM

They won't, simply because they are a long time holder. They will wait for a price a price they think is enough for them. They are the kind of bitcoiners that has a lot of patience or just simply don't even panic if there is a price fall.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:42:21 AM

They won't, simply because they are a long time holder. They will wait for a price a price they think is enough for them. They are the kind of bitcoiners that has a lot of patience or just simply don't even panic if there is a price fall.
Not just being a long term holder but only due to the faith they are having with bitcoin ecosystems. I guess there will be no need to sell off our stash for the reason of segwit activation. Even prices will be falling due to this activation, we can be sure that bitcoin prices will bounce back in more quicker time so that we can see bitcoin prices will be continuing its progress toward moon Cheesy
Casabrandy

Activity: 837

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:45:25 AM

Not just being a long term holder but only due to the faith they are having with bitcoin ecosystems. I guess there will be no need to sell off our stash for the reason of segwit activation. Even prices will be falling due to this activation, we can be sure that bitcoin prices will bounce back in more quicker time so that we can see bitcoin prices will be continuing its progress toward moon Cheesy

The price of altcoins are on dumping trend right now it is not a good sign to hold it until Aug 1 which is the split of chain of bitcoin. I'm currently lose too much amount on holding Altcoins and I wish that SegWit activation will give a positive effect in opposite oif what others speculate. Cry

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
shashko

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:44:19 AM

I think you are right if you are a long term holder this is good after time you will see that you were right holding it

celested

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:53:22 AM

Being a long term bitcoin holder i am little scared.some people are even saying bitcoin might fall to zero after August 1st.is that even a possibility?should i sell my bitcoins to cashout profits and wait it out? or should i keep holding? i want to hold bitcoin for another 4-5 years.so if the bitcoin prize falls after August 1st which is a very high chance then will it ever recover? what's the safe thing to do?

No, I'm sure of that. Once you identify an investment in a long term currency, this shows that you always believe in it, so you will not sell it if you do not make a profit.

Me too, I will not sell bitcoin, the results of 1/8 will have a huge impact on the value of bitcoin, it may increase or decrease, but I always take the risk to pursue bitcoin.
shintosai

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:00:28 AM

exactly those who knows how to wait are the one who already gaining a lot and as you mention they are a long term holders so for sure they already knew how the market works and what would be the impacting factors that will bring the value up or down, bitcoin holders knew the risk and they are willing to take it for sure.

Ahmat faisol

Activity: 243

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:22:46 PM

I think that this is a very difficult choice for us all, now that everything is in equilibrium, the advantage does not belong to anyone, it is causing so much difficulty for the choice of We, but I believe that bitcoin will continue to be popular.
I agree with you btc will always be popular.
Those who spread the btc issue will be of value: 0
Is currently planning something very unexpected.
There is a possibility that they are just spreading the issue so that we immediately sell in a hurry "and those who will buy at that price too will decrease so that all become worried and they can take advantage of this situation so they become rich instantly the price began to soar.
If you want to be a long-term holder, put your patience ahead and always believe that your choice is the right one.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:53:43 PM

I think that this is a very difficult choice for us all, now that everything is in equilibrium, the advantage does not belong to anyone, it is causing so much difficulty for the choice of We, but I believe that bitcoin will continue to be popular.
Yes anything can happen, we can not determine how the bitcoin price on the 1st of August. Things can change very quickly because the bitcoin price changes are very high, so anyway nobody will be able to know the exact bitcoin price changes, one of which will happen in early August.
HasHe

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:07:08 AM

Don't fell to it. There won't be any major fuck ups related to scaling upgrade. You will be stupid and paranoid if you decide to sell your coins.
Instead just laugh at the nonbelievers and buy more coins, this is probably the last chance bitcoin will be available at price lower than $3000.
Just remember don't keep your coins online, always make sure that you have access to your private keys.

OP has said that he is holding bitcoins for a long period and i am surprised how he is scared just like newbies.Any way,no need to get scared.Bitcoin will rise in rocket speed after segwit activation and the situation of those who sell now will regret for their decision.
ngin-x

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 12:23:10 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-segwit2x-testnet-fork-scaling-proposal/

Take it for what you will but I am taking no chances. I have cashed out my BTC. If nothing bad happens after Aug 1, I will simply buy back. Why take the risk?
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:01:58 PM

Take it for what you will but I am taking no chances. I have cashed out my BTC. If nothing bad happens after Aug 1, I will simply buy back. Why take the risk?

because buying back or trying to do it at least is a lot of risk too. first you have to sell and cash out to your bank, since you can not leave anything on exchanges.
then if nothing happens after Aug 1 price will rise up so fast you can't even blink, then you come in and decide to make a fiat deposit. it will take a very long time until your deposit reaches the exchange (not to mention it may fall in weekend and take longer) then you will end up buying on top and miss a good chance.

not to mention all the problems that cashing in and out a lot of fiat to and from your bank has. specially when you are doing it to a bitcoin exchange!

There is a FOMO brewing...
Nalien

Activity: 229
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:05:52 PM

I recommend cashing out some BTC based on your risk preferences, and leaving some amount in.
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:11:18 PM

I am also long term HODLER. I don't plan to cash out.
I will risk all of it. If fork happens we may even make some profit from it. I would never forget that chance if cashed out.
ngin-x

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:17:19 PM

I will risk all of it. If fork happens we may even make some profit from it. I would never forget that chance if cashed out.

How in the world are you going to profit if the fork happens? Do you expect to get double the coins for the same price? Your coins will double in number but the value will likely crash to 1/10th of current price due to widespread panic and loss of confidence.
mol76

Activity: 100
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:53:27 PM

How in the world are you going to profit if the fork happens? Do you expect to get double the coins for the same price? Your coins will double in number but the value will likely crash to 1/10th of current price due to widespread panic and loss of confidence.

1/10th? FUDer smell...
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 07:35:27 PM

Being a long term bitcoin holder i am little scared.some people are even saying bitcoin might fall to zero after August 1st.is that even a possibility?should i sell my bitcoins to cashout profits and wait it out? or should i keep holding? i want to hold bitcoin for another 4-5 years.so if the bitcoin prize falls after August 1st which is a very high chance then will it ever recover? what's the safe thing to do?
You say you are a long term bitcoin holder but you worry about people say about bitcoin. I don't think that you have a lot to worry about, but since you are scared I would suggest to you sell 20-50% of your bitcoin before August 1st and save the rest or invest it in any other income generators that help you to increase your bitcoin earnings.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:49:47 PM

You say you are a long term bitcoin holder but you worry about people say about bitcoin. I don't think that you have a lot to worry about, but since you are scared I would suggest to you sell 20-50% of your bitcoin before August 1st and save the rest or invest it in any other income generators that help you to increase your bitcoin earnings.
to me i think they do not need sell bitcoin instead they should try to hold and even to buy more and more , i do not think that there is anything wrong for the long term investors to lose money in bitcoin investment and specially if they are holding bitcoin for long time.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:59:55 PM

to me i think they do not need sell bitcoin instead they should try to hold and even to buy more and more , i do not think that there is anything wrong for the long term investors to lose money in bitcoin investment and specially if they are holding bitcoin for long time.
This coming august honestly to me i am afraid what will happen in august because they are splitting bitcoin and activating segwit..
That i think it can affect a large price value this coming august..
Much better like other said hold your bitcoins .But you still need to save and usd for backup if the price was huge drop you can buy a cheap price of bitcoin to make a benefits if the price will increase back again after  august 1..
ngin-x

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:23:33 AM

because buying back or trying to do it at least is a lot of risk too. first you have to sell and cash out to your bank, since you can not leave anything on exchanges.
then if nothing happens after Aug 1 price will rise up so fast you can't even blink, then you come in and decide to make a fiat deposit. it will take a very long time until your deposit reaches the exchange (not to mention it may fall in weekend and take longer) then you will end up buying on top and miss a good chance.

not to mention all the problems that cashing in and out a lot of fiat to and from your bank has. specially when you are doing it to a bitcoin exchange!

I didn't cash out to my bank account. The fiat is still with the exchange & there is no restriction in leaving fiat with exchanges. So just in case everything works out fine, it's a matter of placing the order and buying back the coins.

One thing is for sure, even if price increases, it certainly won't double itself within an hour. Those days are long gone. Bitcoin is too big now for that to happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: