Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:54:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best option for cheap Commercial Warehouse Internet?  (Read 533 times)
btcgolong (OP)

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:11:25 PM

I have commercial warehouse space...I'm thinking about moving a few mining rigs there. My question is, what are my best low cost internet options?

It's a modern place with landlines, other business next to me, it is zoned commercial, etc...but I'm hardly ever there, so I don't want to spend $120 a month on internet.

I know one option is to ask a neighbor if I can share their internet, my second question would be how secure/private would that be...how much traffic would 2-3 mining rigs create?
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:24:20 PM

get your own internet dude 120 a month is nothing to let you mine, dont go el cheapo

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:13:20 PM

If it has landlines you may be able to get cheap DSL.
dtmcnamara

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:19:30 PM

I have a setup mining off a LTE aircard plugged into a cradlepoint router.

Helping stop scammers by giving negative trust thats visible.
Tips always accepted -
BTC 16BebiEjTEoZrd4MNyiHKyfEz9UMSeNoGH DOGE DKrXgYyrw4cNfv4sKkWs7oyTXaXVCqP23X
akuci

Activity: 226

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 08:28:32 PM

You need a stable connection, not a fast one. So if you have a quality 4G network in your area, it should be good, but any cable or DSL will do the job too. Try to get an unlimited plan of course.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 09:45:42 PM

It's going to depend on your area - but $120 is CRAZY HIGH for Internet anywhere I've ever been, except perhaps for high-end 4G cell plans.

Options are usually DSL, Cable Modem, Cellular - Exede Sat service also works at a small cost in lost blocks due to the latency but you'd have to get permission to have the antenna installed.

Reliable is the most important part.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
btcgolong (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 10:48:56 PM

You need a stable connection, not a fast one. So if you have a quality 4G network in your area, it should be good, but any cable or DSL will do the job too. Try to get an unlimited plan of course.

What do you recommend for T-Mobile ?
akuci

Activity: 226

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 10:58:17 PM

Really don't know. It does not exist in my country, and mobile carriers here are all the same anyway, so anything you choose, it will be just average.
If there is a option to buy a SIM card without a contract and do some testing, go for it if you don't have any wired alt. DSL and Cable are always the best choice.
dtmcnamara

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 12:32:53 AM

It's going to depend on your area - but $120 is CRAZY HIGH for Internet anywhere I've ever been, except perhaps for high-end 4G cell plans.

All ISPs will not give a "business" the same rates as a home. This is because businesses require internet to run and generally their plans have SLAs attached to them.

Helping stop scammers by giving negative trust thats visible.
Tips always accepted -
BTC 16BebiEjTEoZrd4MNyiHKyfEz9UMSeNoGH DOGE DKrXgYyrw4cNfv4sKkWs7oyTXaXVCqP23X
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:20:44 AM

I don't - they didn't exist in Iowa when I was first dealing with cell service, and the company in Iowa they were "affiliated" with had the worst service in the state in the timeframe I tried them out.

I don't recommend AGAINST T-Mobile, just have zero experience with them.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:28:47 AM

All ISPs will not give a "business" the same rates as a home. This is because businesses require internet to run and generally their plans have SLAs attached to them.

I am FULLY aware of that, having had Internet in quite a few business locations - including where I am at NOW.
 I stand by my "$120 is crazy high" statement - that's more than DOUBLE what I am paying on my CURRENT "BUSINESS" LOCATION for 100BaseT Ethernet service from a fiber backbone.
 It is about double the HIGHEST I have ever paid for a "business" Internet connection, no matter where or what method of connection was used.

If you're talking the old T1 type stuff, THAT got mighty expensive - 20 years or so ago before DSL and Cable Modem got widespread.

btcgolong (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:10:54 PM

If it has landlines you may be able to get cheap DSL.

Thanks...'ll look into DSL and also the LTE aircard option.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: