Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:49:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is working fine! No change needed!  (Read 4622 times)
|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 05:41:56 PM

No, Bitcoin is not working fine. We need to figure out an adequate method to scale BTC so that there can be WAY more tps, therefore lowering fees which are currently killing any chance of going mainstream as fees are even higher than traditional fiat methods such as credit cards, etc. Once we figure that out, only then will it be smooth sailing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AGD (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:40:26 PM

No, Bitcoin is not working fine. We need to figure out an adequate method to scale BTC so that there can be WAY more tps, therefore lowering fees which are currently killing any chance of going mainstream as fees are even higher than traditional fiat methods such as credit cards, etc. Once we figure that out, only then will it be smooth sailing.

Yes. Bitcoin IS working fine. Fees are much lower than traditional payment methods and there is no need to go mainstream (at least not more than it already is)

I don't know why some of you keep whining about the high fee. Seems you are not using Bitcoin these days. (or you doing it wrong)

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:52:37 PM

Every technology needs updating. Similarly, BTC was best when it was introduced, now the situation has been changed, more than many country's populations joined into crypto world and the gateway is BTC. I support the Segwit completely and we needed some changes.
I think you have some point and its true that since there's already a lots of people who's working with this currency there's should be some updates
but the essence should still be keep I'm not really a fan of segwit but if that helps improving the service then let it be.
shayshaylaboogie

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 07:07:40 PM

Yes. Bitcoin IS working fine. Fees are much lower than traditional payment methods and there is no need to go mainstream (at least not more than it already is)

I don't know why some of you keep whining about the high fee. Seems you are not using Bitcoin these days. (or you doing it wrong)

If this is fine, then compared to Litecoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, I'll take broke. It takes forever to confirm a transaction sometimes, even with a decent fee, and at this bitcoin price rate, the fee withdrawing from exchanges is worse than buying a money order with fiat.

It's better than driving to the bank, and its easier than going to the store to get a money order, but compared to other crypto-currencies, it isn't quite what it could be.

Let's hope for a faster network in the future.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 07:12:09 PM

Bitcoin has proven, that it is works fine, even through times of different attack modes (FUD, spam, patenting, +, XT, RV, CW etc). I don't think we have a pressure to raise the blocksize or to force the mass adaption. We don't need no SegWit to make Bitcoin great again, because it is already. Give this baby time to grow, folks.

One thing that is constant is change and improvement. Even fiat in several countries have been improved upon to reflect current challenges and economic conditions which various improvements have been applied and still being applied in which I feel is equally applicable to bitcoin. There have been several alts that have level on the deficiencies of bitcoin and they are still relevant that alone creates room for improvement not to now talk of the most obvious ones which are the transaction fees and time that taken the upward trend in recent times.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:14:56 PM

There is always room for improvement when it comes to everything , but seeing how the seeing is going very smoothly now, why do we bother to make changes, changes that might make everything become worse eventually,  let's wait and if a problem arises then deal with it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Feri577

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:29:56 PM

If the bitcoin works fine without any changes then it's ok but as we all know that bitcoin does really need a few changes to be made to facilitate faster transactions with lower fee hence changes should be welcomed. The only thing which is needed is the consensus. There should be consensus among the miners and everyone else in the bitcoin ecosystem should support the devs and miners. After all all these changes are and should be aimed at making bitcoin a much better digital currency than it is now.
I agree we should not be afraid of bitcoin changes because until now they are working well to finish what should be done.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:32:30 PM

Bitcoin has proven, that it is works fine, even through times of different attack modes (FUD, spam, patenting, +, XT, RV, CW etc). I don't think we have a pressure to raise the blocksize or to force the mass adaption. We don't need no SegWit to make Bitcoin great again, because it is already. Give this baby time to grow, folks.
Bitcoin is the greatest thing ever and I also like it how it is, but this slowly transactions and high fees just killing me. We have to see all positive and negative sides of SegWit and stuff, they all make the use of bitcoin easier, cause of people are coming, everybody want bitcoin. We can't do anything with that, mass adoption is the main thing why the price is raising and we want it raise, don't we?
jekjekman

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:04:44 PM

No it's not and you know it for yourself maybe it is fine when it comes for its value but the transactions fees and delays is not good about it because one of the trademark of Bitcoin is it can send payment worldwide within a minutes and low cost of transaction fees.

You said that Bitcoin has survive different attacks because the devs is keep on changing something to protect it from any malicious attacks so why you don't want it to adopt to SegWit, if we stick to old and not reliable method then we are not moving forward anymore.

If you believe that Bitcoin is strong and will survive whatever happens then trust this one because this is for good and nothing else.
danjonbit

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

DanJoN

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:27:54 AM

Im putting my faith on Bitcoin. It pretty working fine for now. Lets just wait what happen after August 01, hopefully Bitcoin will be again the best cryptocurrency.

THE GREAT DANJON HIMSELF !
Anegg

Activity: 469

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:40:55 AM

I agree with half your point, since Bitcoin right now is great and it needs no change. But who says that in the next 5 years Bitcoin will still stay on top, we need to start improving Bitcoin right now, for us to keep up with all the other alt coins that are trying to overtake Bitcoin. There are still issues right now that are related to Bitcoin, but they are relatively small (transaction fees, long confirmation times),  Segwit should fix the miner fees, which is a good since for the growth of bitcoin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:55:09 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2017, 04:19:54 AM by iram1011

Bitcoin works excellent when we talk about security and as an innovation. But at present bitcoin is facing scalability issue and there is a huge transaction backlog which have created a problem of high fees. Segwit allows  more data to be included per block. With 100% of transactions using segwit features this is expected to be about 2MB of data per block, however in the worst case could be up to 4MB of data per block. In so far as it allows a greater transaction volume, it can be expected to increase the UTXO database more quickly. With 100% of transactions using segwit features, the rate of increase might be expected to approximately double; however because segwit is a soft fork, the worst case UTXO growth is unchanged. Segwit solves these problems.
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:59:17 AM

Bitcoin works excellent when we talk about security and the and as an innovation. But at present bitcoin is facing scalability issue and there is a huge transaction backlog which have created a problem of high fees. Segwit allows  more data to be included per block. With 100% of transactions using segwit features this is expected to be about 2MB of data per block, however in the worst case could be up to 4MB of data per block. In so far as it allows a greater transaction volume, it can be expected to increase the UTXO database more quickly. With 100% of transactions using segwit features, the rate of increase might be expected to approximately double; however because segwit is a soft fork, the worst case UTXO growth is unchanged. Segwit solves these problems.

You are not using Bitcoin, are you?
https://blockchain.info/de/unconfirmed-transactions

+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
TrissMerigold

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bitrated user: Olysikes1. Authenticate

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 04:04:24 AM

yeah agree instead of segwitx2 maybe its time to fix goddamn fees or maybe transaction time , dont know if clearing blocks from segwit will make transaction faster tho , i heard also it will be splitted between bitcoin core and bitcoin unlimited , the hell is different between these two things ? i still didnt understand , they just make it harder for bitcoin user

Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 04:08:56 AM

Yeah it works fine right now no doubt at all but there is one side of bitcoin that has a negative impact to the users of it is about transactions,yes its working pretty good but not as good before because too much delay in transactions right now

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
Prodigan786

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 04:09:25 AM

If you satisfy with the current scenario think about last month 220k plus transaction on the Memphis so the current hashpower cannot satisfy to the demands on bitcoin. So it is required to increase the block size.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 04:12:23 AM

I agree op I also wish they leave Bitcoin as it is without making any unnecessary changes, I am so pissed when this all started why mess up with something that is already beautiful but no this guy's have decided they will destroy Bitcoin and it's a shame no one has stood up to this, today we all will be here and tomorrow we will be like why didn't we make a case, why didn't we stop this. It's yet another chance for us to form a bond and stop this.
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 04:15:12 AM

But growing fees and slow confirmations are a problem that needs addressing. If bitcoin is to stay the king of crypto, and gain popularity among masses, it has to fix these problems sooner than later.
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:26:41 AM

But growing fees and slow confirmations are a problem that needs addressing. If bitcoin is to stay the king of crypto, and gain popularity among masses, it has to fix these problems sooner than later.

There are no growing fees and no confirmation problems. Did you try it out? I did.

itsallpc

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:52:11 AM

No,bitcoin needs a change.Bitcoin users suffer more either due to high transaction fees or slow transactions.If segwit had been implemented earlier,bitcoin price may have crossed $3500 by this time.So,segwit has to be activated and we could hope that it would be activated on August 1st.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: