Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:25:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Milestone for bitcoin??  (Read 1947 times)
camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:40:06 AM

I am pretty sure the next milestone will be in near future when the soft/hard fork happens to solve the scaling problem.

If this is indeed possible, it would attract more people to use Bitcoin now that each block can handle more transactions, and I would predict the Bitcoin price to jump even higher now when more people use it.

I wouldn't say much until it is successful, and I am really excited for its success. Cheesy

2017 will be lucky year for bitcoin as well as for bitcoin users because South Korea going to legalize bitcoin and china the world most powerful country also legalize bitcoin in their country soon.

@Cointelegraph
https://www.facebook.com/cointelegraph/photos/rpp.1469799213245478/2332277106997680/?type=3&theater

Well this is a great news that China is legalizing the Bitcoin and this surely will effect the overall value and adaptation.
Bitcoin has already broke many records in 2017 as far as price is concerned and the price will go past 3000$ by the end of this year.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shayshaylaboogie

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

The next milestone for bitcoin, in my opinion, is scaling. It's too slow at the moment, and there aren't a while lot of people using bitcoin that much. If we had as many people using the  Bitcoin network as say, PayPal, it would be completely unusable. Until we scale, everything else is moot; layers, new functionality and updates are useless on a product that essentially doesn't work.

Bitcoin has lost two of its main advantages, speed and low transaction fees. It's either time to fix it, or time to pick a new leader.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:53:17 AM

I'm waiting on reading about the first milestone, where is it because I can't see any? if price increasing from $2400 to $2580 is a milestone then it's just for you not a real one, whenever all the miners agreed on scaling without chain split and without additional loss of funds drama and whenever fees dropped back to normal and more than 10 transactions were processed every second I'd call that a true milestone not this one.

🖤😏
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 06:28:44 AM

I am pretty sure the next milestone will be in near future when the soft/hard fork happens to solve the scaling problem.

If this is indeed possible, it would attract more people to use Bitcoin now that each block can handle more transactions, and I would predict the Bitcoin price to jump even higher now when more people use it.

I wouldn't say much until it is successful, and I am really excited for its success. Cheesy

2017 will be lucky year for bitcoin as well as for bitcoin users because South Korea going to legalize bitcoin and china the world most powerful country also legalize bitcoin in their country soon.

@Cointelegraph
https://www.facebook.com/cointelegraph/photos/rpp.1469799213245478/2332277106997680/?type=3&theater

Well this is a great news that China is legalizing the Bitcoin and this surely will effect the overall value and adaptation.
Bitcoin has already broke many records in 2017 as far as price is concerned and the price will go past 3000$ by the end of this year.
This year lots of good news has been coming into bitcoin in a larger scale. Hope the same will continue throughout the year, as we need to travel the second half of the year. Right now starting from Japan, Australia has legalized and now South Korea and China has come up with the plans.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:26:12 AM

I stopped predicting bitcoin price already. It has no use anyway, you cannot totally predict the price of bitcoin. It move up or down as it will. I just go with the flow now. If it goes up, I sell. If it goes down, I hold or buy if I have fiat to spare.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:53:58 AM

Bitcoin has lost two of its main advantages, speed and low transaction fees. It's either time to fix it, or time to pick a new leader.

(1) Bitcoin didn't lose any speed in terms of transactions.
(1.1) Bitcoin didn't lose any speed in terms of confirmations.
(2) The fees would eventually grow to a sizeable amount anyway, it's just that it happened a bit sooner than most people here expected.

I am using Bitcoin in the exact same way as I have always done, why am I not experiencing any difficulties when it comes to getting my transactions confirmed? Is it because I don't move dust back and forth? Is it also because I include a proper fee, taking the current network situation in consideration? Wink
sasaku bitbit

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:20:56 AM

I hope it is the next milestone for bitcoin so that users could be adopted, and the growing number of requests happening menigkat so it will happen in the trade using bitcoin as a legitimate means of payment and easier. them will be easier to keep it as a long-term investment
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:56:41 PM

I hope it is the next milestone for bitcoin so that users could be adopted, and the growing number of requests happening menigkat so it will happen in the trade using bitcoin as a legitimate means of payment and easier. them will be easier to keep it as a long-term investment

Take in consideration we are in for a correction after that the price may rise again. This can be called the fifth wave as described by analyst. Stable support above 3100 dollar would mean we could go a leg up, but this may be something we won't see the next couple of months.
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 04:06:27 PM

bitcoin next milestone ? hmpp i think bitcoin would definitely drop in august 1. me and my friends call it judgement day because that's where bitcoin would drop really alot that's what many users says. and i think it will really drop because many of bitcoin trader will sell their bitcoin 1 week before august 1 will come so ithink that will be the reason of the bitcoin price drop.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:20:56 PM

(1) Bitcoin didn't lose any speed in terms of transactions.
(1.1) Bitcoin didn't lose any speed in terms of confirmations.
(2) The fees would eventually grow to a sizeable amount anyway, it's just that it happened a bit sooner than most people here expected.

I am using Bitcoin in the exact same way as I have always done, why am I not experiencing any difficulties when it comes to getting my transactions confirmed? Is it because I don't move dust back and forth? Is it also because I include a proper fee, taking the current network situation in consideration? Wink
bitcoin as a currency for daily usage not yet could be applied perfectly as there a lot of trouble about high fee amount and delayed confirmation causing when you really need a quick purchase it is worse than when you used fiat to transact.

imagine when you bought something for 0.001 but the fee itself cost 0.0017. the value of bitcoin might keep growing , but those problem might still there unsolved.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:24:26 PM

According to your prediction i think $3200 is really less as in this year itself bitcoin has touched the $3000 mark. Current situation of bitcoin many countries are planning to adopt it in coming days and many have already started circulating it. My prediction by end of this year  something between 3600 -4000 .
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:29:02 PM

Let's get SegWit activated first and see what's going to happen with that hardfork nonsense 3 months later.
Before that trying to make any serious predictions in terms of price for the end of this year is mostly useless in my opinion.
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:41:43 PM

As we see bitcoin start rising again what you predict about bitcoin's price by the end of 2017?? I predict bitcoin's price will be in between 3200$ to 3300$ by the end of this year.

Though we see some increase on Bitcoin's price, we cannot neglect the fact that we can still feel/see the bear behavior of the market. We still see decreases that indicates that we are in a bear market. Add also the fact that some are selling their coins because of the upcoming August first.

However, since I am positive that all will end well, we might be looking at $4000 (at least) per Bitcoin at the end of this year.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:43:43 PM

Let's get SegWit activated first and see what's going to happen with that hardfork nonsense 3 months later.
Before that trying to make any serious predictions in terms of price for the end of this year is mostly useless in my opinion.

Yup. Let's wait after Aug 1 and see where the price of bitcoin goes. Its hard to speculate the price is there is an event coming on us. Some anticipate a price down, while others are very optimistic and predicting a strong price after it. I will not sell my bitcoin though, I will just hold on it and see how's everything pans out. I have worked so hard with this coins that I will not simply let it go because of uncertainty.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:32:49 PM

As we see bitcoin start rising again what you predict about bitcoin's price by the end of 2017?? I predict bitcoin's price will be in between 3200$ to 3300$ by the end of this year.
its pretty acurate when you guys are going to see about the graph of bitcoin as i can see there yes maybe by the end of this year nor maybe january again like this year right bitcoin is pretty good that month and decrease but increase again by the power of people who believe bitcoin can do it again and here it is bitcoin becoming on that price and we just wait for it.
trackermut

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:44:31 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2017, 10:57:03 PM by trackermut

Price at this time is secondary, Segwit if all is to believed should transfer Bitcoin into a fully fledged currency,for me its all about speed of conformation and transaction costs. How can we call Bitcoin the new Digital digital currency of the internet when i can purchase anything online with a mastercard and have to wait a hour for six confirmations and pay for the privilege. Scaling solution without hard fork and two separate coins being the milestone of choice. Segwit should be the Gatekeeper to mass adoption and a kodak moment for Central banks..
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:47:28 PM

There are lots of things to looks first before we can state a speculation. If in the past, these kind of thread can easily be speculated by the others with backup support to their claims, today is different.

One of the major thing that will happen is just less than a month now. The result of it will give us an idea on how bitcoin will move forward together with it's price. Can we still speculate that bitcoin is going to the moon after this date? Let's find out and see.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:21:22 PM

at least 3500 in case within 2017, surely is because there are more countries with higher inflation to adopt bitcoins. with that price, i proposed that matter which is stable.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:30:05 AM

I have to disagree. I think that there will be a whole lot of panic over the hard fork which will likely occur this year, and if the hard fork does occur then i don't think we'll see a bullish market until a decisive winner is found.

If no hard forks are activated, then $3200+ is a real possibility.

However, we have seen the bull market sort of stalling over the past few weeks. This could be a sign for preparation for another pump but it is more likely than not that price will drop down to $2000 or so and establish itself there.

X-ray

Activity: 2870
Merit: 520

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:56:56 AM

Yup. Let's wait after Aug 1 and see where the price of bitcoin goes. Its hard to speculate the price is there is an event coming on us. Some anticipate a price down, while others are very optimistic and predicting a strong price after it. I will not sell my bitcoin though, I will just hold on it and see how's everything pans out. I have worked so hard with this coins that I will not simply let it go because of uncertainty.
They said that 1 august will be the big dump of bitcoin just another bullshit. My thought that if the bitcoin will be falling on its price caused by the hardfork and there will be a notice about the hardfork and it can't be automatically done without any announcement,

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄