Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:21:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gyft and BitPay Open 50,000 Retail Locations to Bitcoins  (Read 5673 times)
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:55:41 AM

This sounds like great news and the gift cards are transferrable? how many hops can they do?

go away scammer

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:39:03 AM

Hmm. Actually just visited their site both with private browsing, and via Tor. Worked just fine.

If they aren't going to such ridiculous extremes, then they're no worse than Facebook and company (meaning, measured use is reasonable.)

BTC Books, if you do try it on a phone w/o service and have issues, it would be good to know. I suspect you won't though.

Well, I got it onto an Android tablet without any trouble - no 3G and I disabled GPS.  It's Android 2.3 though, so I can't get the 'send to yourself' option that I'm told is in Gyft's latest upgrade.  So two users, two Facebook accounts (the new version of Google+ doesn't work on 2.3; it needs the Google Play Store (instead of the Market), which also doesn't work on 2.3), and two email accounts.

Yucch.

So my old smartphone is dead, but I'm getting a newer HTC  in a couple of days from a friend for free.  Runs Android 4 point something - ICS.  We'll see if that's simpler, and if it works.  I'll let you know.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: