Bitcoin Forum
September 18, 2024, 05:52:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [IDEA] Nextgen Bitcoin wallet  (Read 1365 times)
User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:04:56 AM

We like plugins system also, developers will have the last word Smiley

I'm only not sure about the open source project. What cons are you seeing in the open-source model? Why it's a dealbreaker for you?

as far as I know, there aren't a lot of opensource wallets. And especially web platforms.

I will only use open source wallets, because I trust nobody.
And I only use wallets where I am the only one who possesses the priv keys, because same reason.

I don´t know how many wallets are open source, bitcoin core is. I use bitcoin core and no web wallet.

The cons of open source are, that also blackhat´s can read the code.

[could be your ad]
Xbtccomua (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 11:19:36 AM

That's why I'm not a big fan of an open source approach Sad
User365

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:45:27 PM

That's why I'm not a big fan of an open source approach Sad

But blackhat´s will always find a way and the pro of open source is friendly pentesters and devs who enjoy using your wallet, will help you fix bugs and flaws for free  Wink

Furthermore there are some users who won´t use closed source projects  Wink

[could be your ad]
Xbtccomua (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 06:08:14 PM

Agree.

Btw, what do you think about XAPO wallet? We like the way it's made, what are your thoughts about it?
User365

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:35:02 AM

Agree.

Btw, what do you think about XAPO wallet? We like the way it's made, what are your thoughts about it?

I don´t use any online wallets, so I can´t tell.

The only thing I can tell is that they have a nice website and you should consider updating the design of your website, so maby you could gather some ideas from theirs

[could be your ad]
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:43:12 PM

It is hard to give you any idea when your site can be viewed only in Ukrainian. I couldn't check your ToS or About Us page due to that.
I am afraid that fewer formalities for users = no legal grounds for your exchange and you could potentially snatch people's money, run off and say that you were hacked.

Xbtccomua (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 07:52:55 PM

You're not reading the thread, I told already that I showed the current exchange service as a CV, just to tell that I'm not a newbie in the biz Smiley

A wallet will not be affiliated with the website.

Btw, our exchange has a legal ground, we have a company registered plus we are integrated with the biggest bank in Ukraine as a store and we use their merchant solution. So we cannot run with a money Smiley
User365

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 07:08:16 AM

You're not reading the thread, I told already that I showed the current exchange service as a CV, just to tell that I'm not a newbie in the biz Smiley

A wallet will not be affiliated with the website.

Btw, our exchange has a legal ground, we have a company registered plus we are integrated with the biggest bank in Ukraine as a store and we use their merchant solution. So we cannot run with a money Smiley

This might or might not be true (sorry), so I would recommend you to translate your website at least to english. Even if the wallet won´t be affiliated in any way it will help you getting users for your wallet, if you already have some reputation in the crypto world with running an exchange.

Maby you could name "the biggest bank in ukaraine" which you are partnered with, best case an official of them mentions you in public.

When do you plan to release the first version ?  Cheesy

[could be your ad]
Xbtccomua (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 03:59:09 PM

Sure, it's PrivatBank.

Well, we do not have any deadlines yet as it's just an idea now. So we collect info at this stage Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: