Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:10:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The China Hype Fades Away  (Read 8289 times)
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:25:33 AM

Do you guys know how Chinese fought for the gold price downturn? Especially many many grandpas and grandmas...

If we can teach them bitcoins are better than gold, then you will laugh to wake.
Good luck with teaching the grandpas and grandmas what Bitcoin is, helping them with the hassle of downloading a 10gb blockchain and persuading them to buy something that does not really exist. The Chinese people in the last generation are very conservative and undereducated, they still believe in the lies from the CCP and chairman Mao, do you really expect them to buy a Bitcoin? Yes, but only when the CCP or chairman Mao asks them.

First of all -- they do not need to download any blockchain.
Second of all -- trading in China is surprisingly easy, with numerous instantaneous fiat transfer methods that are better than wire transfer.
Thirdly -- these very same "uneducated grandmas and grandpas" right now spend their days in front of computer screens trading high-risk stocks. Seriously, a huge proportion of them are in on the trading game, purely for speculation -- far more than the west.
Finally -- they generally love a good gamble.

Don't get me wrong -- I don't think there is any effect on the price from China, I believe it is largely made up hyperbole.

But don't misrepresent China.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ronaldlee0917

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:48:36 AM

it is still showing 20+k of search queries per day = 600k per month. A quick check on adwords told me that the GLOBAL MONTHLY search for the keyword "Bitcoin" is just above a million.

Donation:    18zXsfnSvGjQFJ6pEiKMg2uWGcxUCfJLzu
Mastercoin - A new protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin
lysr

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:13:45 PM

Do you guys know how Chinese fought for the gold price downturn? Especially many many grandpas and grandmas...

If we can teach them bitcoins are better than gold, then you will laugh to wake.
Good luck with teaching the grandpas and grandmas what Bitcoin is, helping them with the hassle of downloading a 10gb blockchain and persuading them to buy something that does not really exist. The Chinese people in the last generation are very conservative and undereducated, they still believe in the lies from the CCP and chairman Mao, do you really expect them to buy a Bitcoin? Yes, but only when the CCP or chairman Mao asks them.

First of all -- they do not need to download any blockchain.
Second of all -- trading in China is surprisingly easy, with numerous instantaneous fiat transfer methods that are better than wire transfer.
Thirdly -- these very same "uneducated grandmas and grandpas" right now spend their days in front of computer screens trading high-risk stocks. Seriously, a huge proportion of them are in on the trading game, purely for speculation -- far more than the west.
Finally -- they generally love a good gamble.

Don't get me wrong -- I don't think there is any effect on the price from China, I believe it is largely made up hyperbole.

But don't misrepresent China.
They need to if they use the official client.
Trading in China is as easy as their government banning bitcoin.
There are dividend payouts investing in stocks, stock market is not a zero-sum game, everyone could benefit. Bitcoin is a negative sum game(deducting the commission fee) which should be a lot more risky, it is basically a gamble as you mentioned.

Don't get me wrong -- I don't think there shouldn't be any effect on the price, people being stupid would buy the hype and push up the price Cool
randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 11:32:33 PM

Because I hate to see the othe China Hype Threads getting all the love.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: