Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:50:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Profitability of Feathercoin and Litecoin  (Read 1084 times)
loldongs (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:39:49 PM

I've only recently gotten into mining these two, and not to a great extent. Mainly just screwing with it using my gaming computer, so I'm not running a dedicated mining rig. I'm using parts and computers that I've found laying around to run CPU miners and such. Taking the minimal amount of input to maximize output.

I'm just not sure about the profitability, and in the case of FTC, it's stability or longevity. I'm just mainly looking to get some insight on those, and what the best pools are. I'm currently using give-me-ltc.com and feathercoin.is-a-geek.com as my mining pools.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vanhal

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 03:57:39 PM

Just convert to btc as soon as you get them to lock it in.
shaunb

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:24:46 PM

With the news that Mt.Gox is going to be supporting Litecoin shortly, you might want to consider holding onto your Litecoin.  There is a big chance that price could spike in a very large way once it's listed.

As for Feathercoin's, convert them to BTC or LTC if you don't want to risk big losses.
loldongs (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:45:29 PM

Any recommendations on exchanges to convert FTC?

I honestly have about ~0.5 LTC and a handful of FTC at this point, so it's really small time stuff.
Smiley_01

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:50:20 PM

I am currently holding only BTC, LTC and FRC (but FRC not for long if they don't change their Diff. algo. soon).
All other coins, if I mine them at all, I exchange quickly for BTC/LTC.

For exchanges, I mainly use vircurex and bter.
If you want to change back to fiat you might give bitstamp a look depending on where in the world you are located.
AltCoinEscrow

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:21:59 PM

FTC is near to the end

LTC good %, but i want BTC, exchange fast
loldongs (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:53:13 AM

I am currently holding only BTC, LTC and FRC (but FRC not for long if they don't change their Diff. algo. soon).
All other coins, if I mine them at all, I exchange quickly for BTC/LTC.

For exchanges, I mainly use vircurex and bter.
If you want to change back to fiat you might give bitstamp a look depending on where in the world you are located.

I'm concerned about various exchanges security, given how frequently MtGox gets hacked (I really don't care if they say "IT WAS DDoS!!" until they're blue in the face, I know for a fact their security is absolute ass). I just set up a Vircurex account, which seems to be a decent interface. Does anyone have any sort of feedback on the security of some of these exchanges?

I'm also waiting on a PM response from the owner of my FTC pool, because I'm sitting on about 3+ FTC that haven't paid out yet, and I have my automatic payout threshold set to 1.1 FTC. I also have damn near 5,000 shares that are unpaid so far. I'm using http://feathercoin.is-a-geek.com if it matters/anyone is curious.
yeltz

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:59:32 AM

With the news that Mt.Gox is going to be supporting Litecoin shortly, you might want to consider holding onto your Litecoin.  There is a big chance that price could spike in a very large way once it's listed.

As for Feathercoin's, convert them to BTC or LTC if you don't want to risk big losses.

This is what I'm banking on.

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268556.0
loldongs (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:05:58 AM

This is what I'm banking on.

Sigh. If only I had a decent stock pile of LTC...
datascape

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:01:33 AM

To determine which coin is more profitable to mine at the present time, take a look at http://dustcoin.com/mining.
truckythin

Activity: 781
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:02:28 AM

http://www.coinchoose.com/ as well, they have very good update speed
hoangocanh

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:07:24 AM

other coins need more time to have infuence like BTC, LTC