Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:42:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Admins/Mod: Please create a sub-subforum! Idea/Proposal!  (Read 1485 times)
Simran (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 03:59:12 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 06:10:38 PM by Simran

We need a subforum for this subforum!

This place is basically the spam of altcoins! I can't even come here and read important stuff while this place is not only the birth place of a dozen altcoins, it's a pool advertising place for them, market and other stuff that is completely unorganized. I know threads like these are always made, I have an idea to propose.

Like new members of this forum, you must request to get and be able to post in the other forums. I propose that a subforum of this subforum be made for all the new coins and each should be given a poll and say 70% has to vote to allow that coin thread and topics to be moved to the main altcoin forum. New members should not be allowed to vote as the creator/shills of the coin can make multiple accounts to bypass this regulation.

To make this easier, a prefix should be added to the thread title to differentiate from different coins and make it easier for mods/admins to move the threads. [LTC], [YAC], [PPC], [JKC], etc should be the prefixes if the idea is is taken into use. A combobox/dropdown box should be added in the creation of the thread that contains all the coin abbreviations(prefixes).

Aside from that, another subforum should be made to currency trading here.

This may not completely organize the spam of threads in the forum, but should create some order and more organization than the current situation.

--Simran

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thesnoo23

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:52:12 PM

OR they could make New Coin, Alt Coin Pools, and Coin Trade subforums, and everything else could sit in the main.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:57:50 PM

We need a subforum for this subforum!

This place is basically the spam of altcoins! I can't even come here and read important stuff while this place is not only the birth place of a dozen altcoins, it's a pool advertising place for them, market and other stuff that is completely unorganized. I know threads like these are always made, I have an idea to propose.

Like new members of this forum, you must request to get and be able to post in the other forums. I propose that a subforum of this subforum be made for all the new coins and each should be given a poll and say 70% has to vote to allow that coin thread and topics to be moved to the main altcoin forum. New members should not be allowed to vote as the creator/shills of the coin can make multiple accounts to bypass this regulation.

To make this easier, a prefix should be added to the thread title to differentiate from different coins and make it easier for mods/admins to move the threads. [LTC], [YAC], [PPC], [JKC], etc should be the prefixes if the idea is is taken into use. A combobox/dropdown box should be added in the creation of the thread that contains all the coin abbreviations(prefixes).

This may not completely organize the spam of threads in the forum, but should create some order and more organization than the current situation.

--Simran

+1
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:06:26 PM

OR they could make New Coin, Alt Coin Pools, and Coin Trade subforums, and everything else could sit in the main.

I liked this idea awhile back, but then I realized this is Bitcointalk, not Altcointalk, so we must lessen the extent as to what we want to do in the forum.

*Image Removed*
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:06:36 PM

We need to simply wipe out the "alternate cryptocurrencies" subforums from bitcointalk.org

You create your own alternate cryptocurrency? Fine, create your own forums for it.

Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:07:12 PM

We need to simply wipe out the "alternate cryptocurrencies" subforums from bitcointalk.org

You create your own alternate cryptocurrency? Fine, create your own forums for it.

We're already here, so we must make the best out of it.

*Image Removed*
Tittiez

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:08:31 PM

I was actually going to make a post in meta later today about asking for a currency exchange sub forum her in the altcoin section.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:09:20 PM

I agree, a section for alt coin trading at the very least would eliminate a good portion of the threads. 
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

I was actually going to make a post in meta later today about asking for a currency exchange sub forum her in the altcoin section.

That would be great!

*Image Removed*
thesnoo23

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:11:36 PM

Indeed. coin trade subforum would be fantastic. New coin subforum would also get the new 'scam coin' threads out from under they eye of people who get all hot and bothered by them unless they specifically went looking there too.
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:20:03 PM

I hope an admin takes notice of this and realizes this would most likely make this section look better and less work for moderators(Smiley) because of such ease.

*Image Removed*
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:23:37 PM

Well, I've responded to three separate threads asking for Subforums today alone. The answer is no, if you would like to know why, please refer to one of the other 30 threads, heres a link to one of them. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199691.0
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:29:13 PM

Well, I've responded to three separate threads asking for Subforums today alone. The answer is no, if you would like to know why, please refer to one of the other 30 threads, heres a link to one of them. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199691.0

None of them had an actual valid proposal to fix the situation accordingly.

If anyone can think of a solution, I'm sure everyone would be glad to hear.

Okay, please read the OP.

*Image Removed*
Tittiez

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:40:16 PM

I sort of agree, just the fact that altcoins have their own section is nice on a bitcoin forum. But, wouldn't a currency exchange child forum here in the altcoin section at least make sense? That would keep all the shitty trade threads out of the bitcoin currency exchange section. When I look there the last thing I want to see is LTC/YAC trades.
Tittiez

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:42:45 PM

I had another idea. What if a seperate forum site for altcoins was created, and instead of having this section, we can just replace it with a link to the new site?

It'd give my altcoin.pw address good use. I'd be willing to donate the address to such a cause.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:22:58 PM

re reading the OP, I see two distinct sections. The people should vote which coins are legitimate, which is almost a good idea, but there is a ton of abuse there. If a new fantastic coin wanted to come in, something completely different and actually deserved a shot, people could see it as a threat, and vote no out of own self interest, and then it would be inhibited.

I do like the prefix idea, but that is really up for users to establish themselves, just getting into the habit of it. I could create a sticky to raise awareness and try and get people into the habit, to see if that would catch on, doesn't sound like it could do any harm really.

There are to be no sub-subforums within the alt currency subforum, but maybe the tags will help cut down on the clutter that readers have to sift through. Really the only way I see things being fully resolved, is if the new coins take a break from being made every 10 minutes. But that wont happen until its no longer profitable to do so, so either everyone has to be on board with letting the coins that aren't worth while die, or just roll with the blows.
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 07:31:06 PM

re reading the OP, I see two distinct sections. The people should vote which coins are legitimate, which is almost a good idea, but there is a ton of abuse there. If a new fantastic coin wanted to come in, something completely different and actually deserved a shot, people could see it as a threat, and vote no out of own self interest, and then it would be inhibited.

I do like the prefix idea, but that is really up for users to establish themselves, just getting into the habit of it. I could create a sticky to raise awareness and try and get people into the habit, to see if that would catch on, doesn't sound like it could do any harm really.

There are to be no sub-subforums within the alt currency subforum, but maybe the tags will help cut down on the clutter that readers have to sift through. Really the only way I see things being fully resolved, is if the new coins take a break from being made every 10 minutes. But that wont happen until its no longer profitable to do so, so either everyone has to be on board with letting the coins that aren't worth while die, or just roll with the blows.

If any, the prefixes should be implemented and there should be a filter for them. Should make things a lot easier for the active users of that particular coin.

*Image Removed*
monokaskade

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:36:16 PM

I agree, a section for alt coin trading at the very least would eliminate a good portion of the threads. 
And a section for pools

Vertcoin Pool http://vert.bitcrush.info | Pandacoin Pool http://panda.bitcrush.info |
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:38:44 PM

If any, the prefixes should be implemented and there should be a filter for them. Should make things a lot easier for the active users of that particular coin.

Actually there's no point for an "alternate cryptocurrencies" subforum. Yes, Bitcoin was their daddy - but now alt currencies should have grown up and live their own life. You created the latest flash-ponzi, pump&dump scheme, and you want to promote it hard? Grow a pair of balls and make your own forum (like LTC has), or create an "altcointalk.org" for all this stuff.

Every time I click "Show unread posts since last visit" 90% of the post displayed have nothing to do with Bitcoin

efx

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:03:00 PM

I like the tagging idea...

However, I'm slightly confused. Why are these auctions/exchanges not within 'Currency exchange' under the marketplace to begin with? To be honest, there's no valid reason for them to be anywhere else. I think a few closed/moved trade threads would start to get the message across.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: