Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:23:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you teach me please, What is ICO?  (Read 1311 times)
SMSabuj (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 05:50:43 PM

Hello, everyone. I have some knowledge about ICO. But I want to know everything about ICO. Will you please teach me What is ICO? I don't want to know the Full meaning of ICO. I want to know details of ICO.

Advanced Thanks a lot, all of you who will comment here  Cool
EthBooks

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:02:43 PM

An ICO is an event in which a new cryptocurrency project sells part of its cryptocurrency tokens to early adopters and enthusiasts in exchange for money today. ICOs provide a way for cryptocurrency project creators to raise money for their operations.

The ICO usually takes place before the project is completed, and helps fund the expenses undertaken by the founding team until launch.
shifty30

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:03:50 PM

Hello, everyone. I have some knowledge about ICO. But I want to know everything about ICO. Will you please teach me What is ICO? I don't want to know the Full meaning of ICO. I want to know details of ICO.

an ICO is a scam, it will tell you amazing fairy tails that you truely want to believe because its just awesome, then you dump money into it..... and pooof it will be gone

riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:09:42 PM

In reality I think it is neither of the above but yet a combination of the above. There is always the promise to complete a project (if product is not already ready in which some cases it is) and some of those times nothing ever happens. So yes it can be a scam, but also if you get in on the ground floor of a project it can also be very lucrative imho.
SMSabuj (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:59:29 PM

an ICO is a scam, it will tell you amazing fairy tails that you truely want to believe because its just awesome, then you dump money into it..... and pooof it will be gone

I can not understand your comment. Do you please explain it. And, I don't agree with you. I have just completed some ICO. They gave me a good profit and all of the ICO was successful.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:01:15 PM

Typical ICO:

xtyling

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:06:47 PM

Before 2017: ICO was used to fund a project

Year 2017: ICO is used to fund a project and their "millionaire" founders/team with a ratio of 30/70
There is only greed on the crypto market nowadays
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:26:25 PM

ICO is an acronym for Initial Coin Offering. It's a medium by which new coins are made available to the public and investors. During ICO, a specific unit of the coin is sold at a lower​ price, at the end of the ICO, usually 1mnth. The coin is distributed and made available on exchange sites. The advantage of buying in ICO is that you get the coin at a very low price.
hashhashbaby

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:30:26 PM

I've been reading into it and doing some research. It really depends on the project and the people behind it and how long it has been going for. My advice is don't invest everything in one project. don;t put all your eggs in one basket.
shifty30

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:39:34 PM

I can not understand your comment. Do you please explain it. And, I don't agree with you. I have just completed some ICO. They gave me a good profit and all of the ICO was successful.

facepalm, obviously not ALL of them are scams. But most are (YES THEY ARE) lets say for now i think tenx is one of the few projects that doesnt look like to be a scam. they have a working product and i think long term they will be around in crypto.

for most of the projects however...... they just make some bullshit. ask for money, shitloads of people invest purely (like you admit) it will give you profits.... there are very little usefull coins out there for the real world. ofcourse if a project raises 20million+ or even 100 million+ that they will have a dev team around but it CAN STILL BE SCAM.

getting profit out of a coin doesnt mean its a good ICO. I am still waiting for the first ICO that the entire world will embrace and will raise crypto to the next level.

ICO_Estate_Coin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

ICO EstateCoin Project manager

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 07:45:16 PM

Yes it's true. ICO provides an opportunity to obtain contracts that will be traded in the future on the exchanges at the lowest price. But there are several "but". First, if the project is successful, then you are in profit. Second, the opinion of the crowd, if there is even a shadow of doubt - will begin to drain the contracts and the price will drop below the price for ICO.

ICO IS GO ON! | WEBSITE | WP | ERC20 Token!
vincentvincent

Activity: 285

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:48:39 PM

This article explains it in depth to you:

https://news.bitcoin.com/introducing-do-nothing-technologies-blockchain-ico/
angrybirdy

Activity: 994
Merit: 276

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 08:20:29 PM

When we are talking about an ICO (initial coin offering),
I think there are 2 major types of ICO:
Crowdfunded projects and Altcoin.

Crowdfunded ICOs(Betking for example)
what they're actually doing is really just creating shares. Each coin represents the percentage of the site/project ownership or future profits. With this in effect they are selling part of their company in exchange for money (in bitcoin/Altcoin) to expand/market etc.

Altcoin, I do not know a lot yet. Let others tell us more.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
RichardThessen

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:18:13 PM

An initial coin offering (ICO) is a means of crowdfunding the release of a new cryptocurrency. Generally, tokens for the new cryptocurrency are sold to raise money for technical development before the cryptocurrency is released. ... Ethereum raised money with an ICO in 2014. ICOs are now extremely popular.
SMSabuj (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:06:12 AM

facepalm, obviously not ALL of them are scams. But most are (YES THEY ARE) lets say for now i think tenx is one of the few projects that doesnt look like to be a scam. they have a working product and i think long term they will be around in crypto.

for most of the projects however...... they just make some bullshit. ask for money, shitloads of people invest purely (like you admit) it will give you profits.... there are very little usefull coins out there for the real world. ofcourse if a project raises 20million+ or even 100 million+ that they will have a dev team around but it CAN STILL BE SCAM.

getting profit out of a coin doesnt mean its a good ICO. I am still waiting for the first ICO that the entire world will embrace and will raise crypto to the next level.
Now I got it. I can understand everything that you want to say. I believe that most of the ICO are real. Yes, some of the ICO are the scam.
elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:10:52 AM

ICO is like an IPO, but with cryptocurrencies
SMSabuj (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:11:28 AM

Typical ICO:

Thanks for your awesome comment. This graph is like very easy to understand typical ICO. But, If you could explain more, That would be better for me to understand. And, many many thanks for the help.
Jamacn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:33:17 AM

maybe you can think of it as IPO, which is the nearest understanding
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:11:45 PM

ICO stands for Initial Coin Offering. As others said , they are crowdfunding the release of a new cryptocurrency or AltCoins online. And if you will look for the ICO online, ICO is different from IPO or Initial Public Offering, there is no acquisition of the tokens to grant ownership in the company developing the new cryptocurrency or the new Coin.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:14:01 PM

An ICO is an event in which a new cryptocurrency project sells part of its cryptocurrency tokens to early adopters and enthusiasts in exchange for money today. ICOs provide a way for cryptocurrency project creators to raise money for their operations.

The ICO usually takes place before the project is completed, and helps fund the expenses undertaken by the founding team until launch.

Indeed and ICO stands for Initial Coin Offering which clearly states that coins are distributed before the launch of token sale or adopting of the market to exchange the coins with other assets in the market.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: