Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:15:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Government Regulation owns Bitcoin  (Read 3219 times)
puffpuffpass (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:37:16 PM

Well, Bitcoin had a good run. Ultimately, big government stands in the way of self-governance and that comes in the form of regulating ingenuity to death. The majority of people are indoctrinated and cannot see the value in this evolved payment system.

Who can disagree? Bitcoin is fucked.

I have a bitcoin address that anyone can send BTC too, so I'm going to post it
on my sig because I think someone is going to randomly give me their BTC:
1D37qouguK5rNh1mSZDocgVCvA2rxsAgLp Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:37:59 PM

Damn. You're right. Guess I'll sell now... or maybe I'll just check that ignore button.  Grin
puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:40:53 PM

Damn. You're right. Guess I'll sell now... or maybe I'll just check that ignore button.  Grin

That always ends up being the most popular response to the truth. Get mad at whoever tells it. Good one.

hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:41:31 PM

Oh shit, why has no one think of this. Thank you and time to sell. I would send you a generous bitcoin tip but Im sure you do not want it since its crashing anyway.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:42:25 PM

Oh shit, why has no one think of this. Thank you and time to sell. I would send you a generous bitcoin tip but Im sure you do not want it since its crashing anyway.

More predictable sarcasm which is totally off point. No wonder Bitcoin hasn't crashed yet. Good job.

Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:54:00 PM

I did a quick check on your previous posts, half of them are swear words/insulting someone or something.
Clearly you are serious business.

or maybe I'll just check that ignore button.
...aaaand done :3
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:02:07 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 05:13:52 PM by owenprescott

Which Government, can you be more specific?

I don't feel you put much thought into this topic tbh.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:11:37 PM

no, he's put very little actual thought in his statement

ok
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:21:36 PM

If OP cared to look outside his little thought-box, in this here VERY SUB-FORUM, there are EVEN MORE well thought-out arguments than his as to how government regulation could HELP Bitcoin (the CFTC thread in particular...)

Puff puff, you'd better pass for good on that stuff dude.  Sometimes it makes you think you're thinking, but really you're not.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:28:06 PM

Damn. You're right. Guess I'll sell now... or maybe I'll just check that ignore button.  Grin

Actually you gave me an idea. I shall try to ignore all jr and sr members and most of hero members too. All the donators and VIPs go on ignore for sure and not being unignored under any circumstances, maybe with one or two exceptions.

Then maybe unignore a few if they are quoted saying something worthwhile. Who knows, it could make this board at least resemble what it was a few years back. Would it work?

You would be reading the phrase many times "this user currently ignored"

lol i guess that is better material.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:31:31 PM

I did a quick check on your previous posts, half of them are swear words/insulting someone or something.
Clearly you are serious business.

or maybe I'll just check that ignore button.
...aaaand done :3

Ad hominem, and clearly you want people ignore me because my opinion doesn't compel people to buy Bitcoins. lol, so obvious. I would follow suit and ignore you as well, but there's a difference between you and I. You're lame, I'm not.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:34:23 PM

That always ends up being the most popular response to the truth. Get mad at whoever tells it. Good one.

sounds like you're the one getting mad; at Bitcoin's success.
puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:35:05 PM

I'm actually basing this off what Bill Gates said yesterday on Fox Business News. He did not specify a government, but I'm assuming it doesn't matter, they all behave the same way. Regulating Bitcoin exchanges for the purpose of intercepting the free market, bogging it down, and thus making all the innovations of Bitcoin to be rendered no longer innovative. Sort of a "pick your poison" fiat or bitcoin, it will end up being the same thing.

puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:37:18 PM

sounds like you're the one getting mad; at Bitcoin's success.

What would I stand to gain from that attitude? Who actually is angry at Bitcoins success unless you are reliant on a corrupt tax system where you benefit? Since I am not, I have nothing to be mad at about Bitcoin succeeding. Problem is, it has not succeeded and is in a spot where I feel it is impossible for it to succeed, so I don't know what the fuck you're going on about.

Crypt_Current

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:48:19 PM

I'm actually basing this off what Bill Gates said yesterday on Fox Business News. He did not specify a government, but I'm assuming it doesn't matter, they all behave the same way. Regulating Bitcoin exchanges for the purpose of intercepting the free market, bogging it down, and thus making all the innovations of Bitcoin to be rendered no longer innovative. Sort of a "pick your poison" fiat or bitcoin, it will end up being the same thing.

I watched the video a few times (both high and sober) and each time, I got the EXACT opposite out of everything Gates said.  And all i got out of those older codgers was a bunch of ignorance.  I dunno man.  Different Strokes.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Crypt_Current

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:50:18 PM

Actually you gave me an idea. I shall try to ignore all jr and sr members and most of hero members too. All the donators and VIPs go on ignore for sure and not being unignored under any circumstances, maybe with one or two exceptions.

Then maybe unignore a few if they are quoted saying something worthwhile. Who knows, it could make this board at least resemble what it was a few years back. Would it work?

No; I tried.  You still end up seeing people you don't want to see in quotes anyway, and I found I spent way too much valuable time actually clicking ignore.  So I just let my brain click the button.

puffpuffpass (OP)

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:55:56 PM

I watched the video a few times (both high and sober) and each time, I got the EXACT opposite out of everything Gates said.  And all i got out of those older codgers was a bunch of ignorance.  I dunno man.  Different Strokes.

I guess that's our difference. I only watched it sober.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:56:12 PM

Seems to me like an endless blacklisting war.  Here's how I look at it.  When newbies come in they always bring up the same concerns over and over.  They either learn about bitcoin and mature or they leave.  Threads like this, and the general childish tone the board has taken on recently are an indicator of new users who are trying to understand it.  These are the people that can be won.  Not because we want to sell it to them, but because when they find the answers to their questions, they understand the magnitude of what they have stumbled on.  When the board is peaceful again, you'll know we've mostly assimilated or rejected the current wave exposure driven newbies.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
SilverBullet

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:57:05 PM

Damn. You're right. Guess I'll sell now... or maybe I'll just check that ignore button.  Grin

Thought the same Cheesy
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:59:20 PM

A government might be able to stop it's residents from using digital fiat to buy and sell bitcoins.  That won't stop the rest of the world.  Good luck with a treaty banning honest money.  Also, unless we go cashless, bitcoins can and will continue be used under their nose.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: