Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:19:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Biostar introduces their mining GPU: RX 470D  (Read 682 times)
rouvio (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 11:23:02 PM

Heya,

I was browsing Tech powerup and noticed they published a very short, initial info/article about Biostar's version of a mining GPU.
I apologize if this news was already published here - I couldn't find any mention of it.

Copy & paste:
BIOSTAR posted technical specifications of its first graphics card designed for crypto-currency mining, bearing the model number "VA47D5RV42." This card, which is based on the design of its RX 470/480 graphics cards; is built around the Radeon RX 470D chip, and endowed with 4 GB of GDDR5 memory. The RX 470D is a "lite edition" or LE variant of the Polaris 10 silicon, which never made it to the DIY channel market, but occasionally reared its head in the pre-built OEM market. It features fewer stream processors than the RX 470, at 1,792 vs. 2,048. The chip is clocked at 1200 MHz (boost), with 7.00 GHz (GDDR5-effective) memory. Interestingly, unlike most "mining" graphics cards we've seen so far, this card appears to feature a full complement of display outputs, which includes three DisplayPorts and one each of HDMI and DVI. The company didn't reveal pricing.

https://i.imgur.com/yxXGhO6.jpg

Link to the article: here.

What do you think about it?
Is it actually going to be worth getting?
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:08:22 PM

As I recall, the 470 "D" series was a China-sales-only thing.

Card should do OK on ETH, though probably a hair under a "normal" RX 470.

Card might be a bit iffy on other coins, due to the lower shader count - depends on what price they bring it to market if it will be worth looking at.

I don't see a point to them leaving all the video connectors on the card for a "mining" card though - have to wonder about that part.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:25:30 PM

As I recall, the 470 "D" series was a China-sales-only thing.

Card should do OK on ETH, though probably a hair under a "normal" RX 470.

Card might be a bit iffy on other coins, due to the lower shader count - depends on what price they bring it to market if it will be worth looking at.

I don't see a point to them leaving all the video connectors on the card for a "mining" card though - have to wonder about that part.

Card will also be unavailable everywhere because it will go out of stock almost immediately like all AMD cards.
There's also a sapphire version of this particular card.

Honestly I wish there was more supply of these cards so that consumers could buy the normal ones.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:01:56 PM

I have not seen any information anywhere on a Sapphire 470D based mining card.
They DO have at least 4 cards listed on their website (and a couple of them have shown up on Newegg) for 470 NOT D based cards.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: