Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:52:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you have to get verified again with Okpay??  (Read 613 times)
Sleepwalker2 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:06:52 AM

So okpay was just bought by money polo. Now its seems that they are asking all okpay users to get verified again?? This sounds a little bit crazy! Imagine the work involved!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sweetdesirez

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:17:22 AM

So okpay was just bought by money polo. Now its seems that they are asking all okpay users to get verified again?? This sounds a little bit crazy! Imagine the work involved!

This really sucks but there is no way but to abide by their terms which you had checked to agree, albeit without reading all the stuff. Are you sure it is  for all accounts or is it just you? If it is for all users, perhaps the country laws of the new owner needs some data which was not needed by the country of the previous owner.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:19:36 AM

Yes, OKPay was acquired by moneypolo.

Dear Client, due to the acquisition of OKPAY and its activities by MAYZUS Financial Services Ltd. (DBA MONEYPOLO - www.moneypolo.com), you will need to log in several times in order to safely migrate all your profile data and security settings.

For me i've stopped using okpay like 2 months ago, thankfully i sent all my okpay funds out already. When i log into to my account today though they seem to have indeed removed the possibility of sending funds without having verification(correct me if i'm wrong, but the old FAQ for limits for unverified accounts are gone, and when you log in you're met with a message saying lets get starting by verifying.

Seems like we should move onto another payment processor, maybe payeer or advcash. OKpay without unverified accounts has no advantages whatsoever.
Sleepwalker2 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 02:36:33 PM

Are you sure it is  for all accounts or is it just you? If it is for all users, perhaps the country laws of the new owner needs some data which was not needed by the country of the previous owner.

From what I read on their site it is for everyone yes.

AdvCash said on their site : "Please note that due to certain OKPay changes our deposit and withdrawal features involving this service are unavailable until further notice" So I guess even them got caught in this.

I am surprised however that it doesn't affect that many people here since there are no other thread about this it seems.

Once my account is verified I will try the exchanges I was using it with with min amounts first...
Sleepwalker2 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 06:33:35 PM

My Okpay account has now been verified. I went to Yobit.net and tried to send a very low amount to my okpay. Been pending since then. Looks like they have to get verified to!
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:15:23 AM

My Okpay account has now been verified. I went to Yobit.net and tried to send a very low amount to my okpay. Been pending since then. Looks like they have to get verified to!

Oh no... Not yobit again. Pending isn't a good sign at all, they rarely ever process pending requests. Plus, they should already be OKPay verified in the first place because you can only send like 400 EUR a month without getting limited on OKPay if you're unverified, i think.

I've got some spare change on OKPay at the moment and they're asking me to upload my docs, so i'm sure that this new requirement is applicable to everyone. I'm surprised too that nobody else has complained yet.

Now that OKPay is strict on KYC though, nobody seems to want to use them anymore because it is no longer anonymous and transactions will probably more reversible than before. There is also a higher chance that your account will get frozen imo.

SCCFX

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:00:03 AM

is true or not if money polo buy okpay
iam not yet login again in okpay because my okpay account without balance

same with you i must verified again
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:37:59 PM

Was looking for a official thread about it in bitcointalk but could not find any clue. As most members confirmed that they have been acquired by some other company and the rule is for everyone, if you want to use their service you have to comply with the re-verification, I am afraid.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 08:55:04 PM

Was looking for a official thread about it in bitcointalk but could not find any clue. As most members confirmed that they have been acquired by some other company and the rule is for everyone, if you want to use their service you have to comply with the re-verification, I am afraid.

That's seriously funny. I got verified years back and now again to go through all the documents and upload them is such a pain. It's good that their process takes less than 2-3 days for verification else Payza took me over a week to get verified. They also don't charge back transactions.

Oh no... Not yobit again. Pending isn't a good sign at all, they rarely ever process pending requests. Plus, they should already be OKPay verified in the first place because you can only send like 400 EUR a month without getting limited on OKPay if you're unverified, i think.

I've got some spare change on OKPay at the moment and they're asking me to upload my docs, so i'm sure that this new requirement is applicable to everyone. I'm surprised too that nobody else has complained yet.

Now that OKPay is strict on KYC though, nobody seems to want to use them anymore because it is no longer anonymous and transactions will probably more reversible than before. There is also a higher chance that your account will get frozen imo.

Isn't it against their policy and terms to chargeback transactions. If for so many years they have been following the same, there is no reason for them to start this now.

Pakar11220

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:46:58 PM

is true or not if money polo buy okpay
iam not yet login again in okpay because my okpay account without balance

same with you i must verified again

Okpay have blocked its payment or transactions by unverified accounts since it was acquired by money polo. They are doing it as a safety check and to clear out scams from previous systems. So if you are one of the people who have their money stuck in Okpay you should verify your account to get your money back.
Ginos

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:42:52 PM

here is documents they asking 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2419096.0
just impossible  my money locked there
they not answering tickets
its a scam
becareful
Pages: [1]