Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:28:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OK Mod told me no Child boards - Then "Cyrptocurrencies" Own forum?  (Read 1553 times)
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:12:28 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 06:28:29 PM by digitalindustry

Mod Saltyspitoon told me he got the NO GO

No to the Child boards, but he supports the idea ! (<3 great mod you are!)

and to tell the truth , this is a "Bitcoin Forum" so that kind of makes sense

but all the innovation is happening in the "Alternate cryptocurrencies" section

sooo....

Should "Cyptocurrency" be it's own forum ?  - (hosted off this site obviously)

and we move the existing ideas from here to there?  

if the Bitcoin overloads will not let child boards exist (and that's a fair and understandable right) (on a Bitcoin forum)

then it's right and correct to have a Cyptocurrency Forum -

I notice Taco made a new forum for his soon to be failed (becasue of terrible marketing) Coin, perhaps when that fails he will let us move Cyrptocurrency to that forum?

or better still , perhaps we can just ask to have a Cyrptocurrnecy section on his forum , it will bring great amounts of traffic to his forum, (albeit some of it Chinese spam lol  )

: D

+1 if you love it.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Simran

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:13:41 PM

sooo....

Should "Cyptocurrency" be it's own forum ?

if the Bitcoin overloads will not let child boards exist (and that's a fair and understandable right) (on a Bitcoin forum)

I notice Taco made a new forum for his soon to be failed becasue of terrible marketing Coin, perhaps when that fails he will let us move Cyrptocurrency to that forum?

or better still , perhaps we can just ask to have a Cyrptocurrnecy section on his forum , it will bring great amounts of traffic to his forum, (albeit some of it Chinese spam lol  )

+1 if you love it.

Not to be rude, but Smiley(SaltySpitoon) isn't the one that controls forum section creation.

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:15:21 PM

We don't need any more forums--I have enough tabs open in my browser already, damn it!
spiderJ

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:22:05 PM

I'd prefer one overall alt forum, it would be better than having to register/login into seperate forums for each currency. Already got too many login names/passwords.
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:23:23 PM

sooo....

I notice Taco made a new forum for his soon to be failed becasue of terrible marketing Coin, perhaps when that fails he will let us move Cyrptocurrency to that forum?

or better still , perhaps we can just ask to have a Cyrptocurrnecy section on his forum , it will bring great amounts of traffic to his forum, (albeit some of it Chinese spam lol  )

+1 if you love it.

Not to be rude, but Smiley(SaltySpitoon) isn't the one that controls forum section creation.

not to be so rude but how the fuck can you or anyone else stop anyone from making a forum?  : D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
thesnoo23

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:24:57 PM

sooo....

+1 if you love it.

not to be so rude but how the fuck can you or anyone else stop anyone from making a forum?  : D

I believe they're referring to subforums of the main bitcoin forum, not forums out in the wild of the internet Tongue
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:25:32 PM

I'd prefer one overall alt forum, it would be better than having to register/login into seperate forums for each currency. Already got too many login names/passwords.

true that + 1

sick of logging into millions.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Simran

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:26:04 PM

sooo....

+1 if you love it.

You misinterpreted my post.

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:27:30 PM

sooo....

+1 if you love it.

You misinterpreted my post.

ok sorry in that case,  i'll make the relevant edit in the Topic.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
zumbador

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:39:32 PM

Hello, I have some experience managing large online communities. (BusinessAviationNetwork.net) (Business Aviation Network on LinkedIn) I have been considering putting up a alt currency forum @ DigitalCurrencyNetwork.com

I was hoping to develop more of an digital currency networking organization that would hold local meetups where members could meet and engage in conversation and exchange ideas about the world of digital currency.

I work mostly with joomla cms and while Joomla is a powerful networking group platform the forum extensions for Joomla suck pretty bad. We would have to use a different platform or find a suitable bridge.

I know from personal experience that managing an online community takes a tremendous amount of work and dedication. It is not just a matter of throwing up a forum and kicking back. I would be happy to assist in this proposal or any other worthwhile idea anyone might have.

Bright

digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 06:43:29 PM

Hello, I have some experience managing large online communities. (BusinessAviationNetwork.net) (Business Aviation Network on LinkedIn) I have been considering putting up a alt currency forum @ DigitalCurrencyNetwork.com

I was hoping to develop more of an digital currency networking organization that would hold local meetups where members could meet and engage in conversation and exchange ideas about the world of digital currency.

I work mostly with joomla cms and while Joomla is a powerful networking group platform the forum extensions for Joomla suck pretty bad. We would have to use a different platform or find a suitable bridge.

I know from personal experience that managing an online community takes a tremendous amount of work and dedication. It is not just a matter of throwing up a forum and kicking back. I would be happy to assist in this proposal or any other worthwhile idea anyone might have.

Bright

i'll give you 20 Yacoins 40 BBQ and some Spamcoin if you start it !

Jokes - but yeah set it up let have a look at it ?

we will pay Saltyspitoon in Saltycoin - goes perfect with BBQ coin.

but serious , its a good idea , is it a nice functional forum?

lets take a vote? we should see samples first but?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:48:59 PM

Oh how times have changed...
Old CoinConnect announcement

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53269.0

the social network for cryptos

cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:08:42 PM

Sure, do it, I will help moderate if you need a body.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:12:23 PM

They already have their own forums, nearly every alt coin has their own forum hosted on their own server.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
thesnoo23

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:14:28 PM

They already have their own forums, nearly every alt coin has their own forum hosted on their own server.

Except for the ones that don't, and the ones that don't have enough people on board because they didn't have anywhere to post about them to introduce people to the coin in the first place.
Dacm4n

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:16:10 PM

There should be an alt trading sub board here so people don't flood the entire alt forum with buy and sell threads.
Adamlm

Activity: 822
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 07:24:49 PM

maybe owner of this will add childboards, he will get more users when altcoins join:

https://www.bitcoinforum.com/alternative-cryptocurrencies/

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:26:44 PM

Except for the ones that don't, and the ones that don't have enough people on board because they didn't have anywhere to post about them to introduce people to the coin in the first place.

If the alt don't even have a off site forum set up, then it's probably not worth it to create a sub board here too. If the dev/supporters cared enough, they'll get a forum.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
thesnoo23

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:44:28 PM

it's not about creating a sub board for the specific currency, it's about creating a GENERAL subboard for people to post about new currencies they're designing/launching.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 07:45:35 PM

lots of altcoin child boards at my forum:

http://www.bitcointrading.com/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: