Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:35:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No "cash out" option on some pools  (Read 411 times)
neverxpected (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 06:18:56 AM

I've noticed that some pools have a "cash out" option to pull your coins out at pretty much any amount and others don't.

It almost seems like the ones that don't have a cash out option keep you coming back to mine cause you're always wish you had what is left in the pool that you've already mined....

What am I missing here?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noobpool

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 06:33:47 AM

Some pools are willing to manually cash you out if requested, but a cash out button would allow others to cash you out anytime they felt like it since your stats page isn't private.  The only way it would be feasible is if the pool made you register and you had to log into your account to see your stats, then a cash out button wouldn't be a problem, however most people don't want to register like that.  Mining in a pool is basically completely anonymous.

http://www.noobpool.com Ethereum Mining Pool
iamnewhere

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:03:33 PM

Some pools are willing to manually cash you out if requested, but a cash out button would allow others to cash you out anytime they felt like it since your stats page isn't private.  The only way it would be feasible is if the pool made you register and you had to log into your account to see your stats, then a cash out button wouldn't be a problem, however most people don't want to register like that.  Mining in a pool is basically completely anonymous.

there are anonymous pools where you can change the payout limit and confirm with the IP address of your miner - so nobody could manipulate that without knowing your IP but you have the control how often you get payouts.

if you make detailed notes about your mining with every single payout it's a nightmare to mine some currency where you get payout every few minutes - then you have few hundred payouts a day and that can't be very good for the server too if he is just busy with maybe thousands of payouts in short time. wherever possible i set the payout limit to what i can mine within 12h - so getting 2 payouts a day.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:07:22 PM

My solo LTC pool ltc.tbdice.org does not have "cash out" just because coins are generated directly at your LTC/DOGE address and are not stored in a pool wallet Wink

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
neverxpected (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 08:09:17 PM

hmm this kind of makes sense now because the only pools I've noticed this occurring on are pools that don't require a login/username.  Sooo basically if I ever stop using their pool I'm always "leaving coins on the table" but oh well....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: