Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:23:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deposited BTC to wrong address  (Read 1306 times)
saggammahesh (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:44:34 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 04:33:41 PM by saggammahesh

Hi ALl,
By mistake i have deposited by BTC to AMP address and transaction is showing as success.
I have deposited from bitbay to poloniex.

Is there anyway i can get my money back?

Update:
Yayyy.......I GOT MY MONEY BACK.
I have created a ticket in POLO and they recovered my amount.
not sure how they recovered. may be AMP coin is implemented on top of omni chain(omni implemented on top of bitcoin), so polo guys might have recovered using my AMP private key.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:02:52 PM

If transaction is showing success then sorry you can't get your funds back. Bitcoin transactions are irreversible.
Buy the way,  can I know what is AMP?
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:03:16 PM

Hey saggammahesh,

I don't think that you'd be able to get your money back. Bitcoin transactions are irreversible.
Those Bitcoins are probably burned now.

Hope it wasn't a big amount. Smiley
ladiesBTC

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

🌟🌟

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:16:59 AM

Just sharing

You could try to confirm where you do the transaction, and must deal with it try to find out what could have caused the failure of the transactions.

I hope can help you
https://googleweblight.com/?lite_url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic%3D995987.0&ei=KtCJsiHI&lc=en-ID&s=1&m=587&host=www.google.co.id&ts=1499411530&sig=ALNZjWlKfONTO3aKHAlVbSMFEo9yv3op9A

And good luck

Official Blogger

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 06:22:42 PM

That's an horrible thing which is faced by bitcoin user as bitcoin transaction are irreversible.
Feeling sorry for you bro be careful from next time before sending btc check the address twice .
After  all it's bitcoin you will get it from other ways.
Keep clam be alter. Cool
karan1498

Activity: 163

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 01:31:58 PM

if the tx went through no way to get it back
TheRedDevil

Activity: 122

<DM to add>

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 06:06:40 PM

Any transaction issued with Bitcoin cannot be reversed, they can only be refunded by the person receiving the funds. That means you should take care to do business with people and organizations you know and trust, or who have an established reputation. For their part, businesses need to keep control of the payment requests they are displaying to their customers.

Bitcoin can detect typos and usually won't let you send money to an invalid address by mistake. Additional services might exist in the future to provide more choice and protection for the consumer.

More detailed explanation:

One of the fundamental innovations of Bitcoin is that a bank, or other trusted third party, does not need to arbitrate transactions. The Bitcoin protocol allows two people to exchange value, without ever knowing or trusting one another. This leads to increased transaction speed, fee-free transactions, and secure payments. It's revolutionary.

The Bitcoin network maintains a ledger of all transactions on the network - the parallel to this would be a bank's ledger which records payments sent to and from all the accounts within the bank. This ledger on the Bitcoin network is known as the blockchain. A bitcoin is essentially a spot on this ledger and "ownership" of a bitcoin means you own access to that spot on the ledger - the Bitcoin address.

Once a Bitcoin transaction is sent to the network you are transferring ownership of that spot on the blockchain - the recipient will then be the only person who can access that spot. Once the ownership of the address is changed, it is impossible to revert. This ensures that there is no risk involved when receiving Bitcoin and contributes to the speed and security of transactions. If you have mistakenly sent funds, you should contact the recipient and request a new transaction to send the funds back to your account.

<DM to add>
SulemanSamf

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 10:15:45 AM

bro seriously i to faced this when I was a new comers in this bitcoin field but its ok carry on as your fund is irreversible now nothing can be done so be careful  from next time and do check the address twice before sending any amount of crpyto currency.
it will happen to people who are in field of bitcoins from years so don't be afraid however best of luck for you next transactions
strikers1945

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:03:16 AM

too bad for you OP the transaction just says it's successful so you can't recover those bitcoins.
Blackshadow007

Activity: 787
Merit: 276

Currency Xchanger™

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 09:28:18 AM

This is very sad incident for you but i am afraid you have to say those coins bye bye . Next time when you enter address be careful to check and copy properly if you copy pasting .  Undecided

lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:17:51 PM

AFAIRC if zebpay is used for transaction then there is a chance getting it back. Provided that you need to contact their support immediately. One of acquittance has faced similar issue.
midelou

Activity: 442

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 02:04:12 PM

It's gone mate. I check 2 or 3 times before clicking the SEND button.
karan1498

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:18:22 PM

seems you are more impatient than me!! Sad i have loosed shitty coins , but have got them back too Tongue
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 07:24:34 AM

I don't think you can get the funds back now always check the address at-least 2 times before you send them to the address, how much BTC did you transfer? learn from your mistake and be careful next time I hope you will recover the loss some way gl mate.

Jpti

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:19:45 AM

You just lost your money. I too once deposited in a payment address twice and lost around 0.1 BTC a few years ago when it was just around $200.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Mtoo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:43:45 AM

Hi that it's depend on person honest if you are lucky you have to get it back
saggammahesh (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:31:24 PM

Hi All,
Sorry for updating so late. I just seen this thread and thanks to whoever replied.

I GOT MY MONEY BACK.
I have transferred BTC of worth 1000$   to my AMP coin address(poloniex exchange).
not sure how they recovered, May be AMP coin also implemented on top of bitcoin and they may know my AMP private key.
karan1498

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:01:08 PM

congrats brother .

must be a nice day for you Smiley cheers !
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 03:22:44 PM

Hi All,
Sorry for updating so late. I just seen this thread and thanks to whoever replied.

I GOT MY MONEY BACK.
I have transferred BTC of worth 1000$   to my AMP coin address(poloniex exchange).
not sure how they recovered, May be AMP coin also implemented on top of bitcoin and they may know my AMP private key.

Glad to know you got your money back stay safe and be careful next time, not sure how they recovered your BTC though anyway congrats to you.  Grin

Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:28:53 PM

Hi ALl,
By mistake i have deposited by BTC to AMP address and transaction is showing as success.
I have deposited from bitbay to poloniex.

Is there anyway i can get my money back?

Update:
Yayyy.......I GOT MY MONEY BACK.
not sure how they recovered. may be AMP coin is implemented on top of omni chain(omni implemented on top of bitcoin), so polo guys might have recovered using my AMP private key.

Sounds like you got it back and I'm happy for you. I just wanted to remind you if you're still doing this site to not forget that that password was not necessarily stolen from this site or from you using this site.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██